Visa Residence With Ownership Of Property

Topic locked
Visa residence with ownership of property Feb 06, 2006
Forgive me if this is not in the right section, i know most of you probably visit here... I saw past threads on Residence visa on how long they take to process as regards with employer.

What i need to know is about residency through owning property as i will still run a buisness here and would want to live over there, and hopefull get a few things rolling there too...

I read this on http://guide.theemiratesnetwork.com/liv ... operty.php
the important part being in bold and underlined...

.....History of Freehold Real Estate in Dubai
In 2001, the Dubai government agreed to allow expats to have a 99-year lease of particular Dubai property, but in May 2002, the crown prince of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoom, issued a decree allowing foreigners to buy property on freehold ownership. After Sheikh Maktoum's decree, this sparked the real estate boom in Dubai's residential property.

The purchase of property on freehold basis means that the property is put in the owner's name for life, and the owner has the right to sell, lease or rent his/her property at their own discretion. Property owners and their immediate family, will obtain renewable Dubai residence visas for life, which can cost Dhs. 5,000 per person. Freehold property in Dubai is currently limited to areas of Bur Dubai closest to the end of Dubai, where Dubai connects with Abu Dhabi. Some of these areas include Sheikh Zayed Road, Jumeirah, Jebel Ali, and Dubailand.

...I guess my question is, anyone have any experience with this or know somone who has? and any other info like how long and complicated it is to process, im presuming the same kind of things like medical test and stuff?

boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 06, 2006
I have.

The residency visa issued through Emaar is fairly straightforward and follows the same process as everyone else. However the visa is of a new classification type being "an investors visa".

The law of Freehold does not technically exist in the UAE at present. The late Shiek promised to address this by the end of 2006. In addition there is currently no "land registry", and that is the reason why freehold does not exist.

Currently, developers like Emaar and Nakheel own the land rights. The contracts are quite explicit though, in stating that when the law is passed to allow foreign investors to own the land, the developer will pass the rights on.

If you use the search function in here ,you will find i have posted extensive information about this.

The info you posted in bold is quite correct. However it omits that for your family there is in addition a 10000 Dhm deposit.

Hope this helps
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 07, 2006
ya excelent help, thanx for the info searching the site for your nick and visa and property any specifics you come acrss lash the link in here, also if you or anyone could recomend a good solicitor that deals with that kind of stuff the buying the property and residence visa, searching the forum now....lots of great info still, i dont think id learn all this in my 5 day visit there, im so clued up now, i think i must be living there about 20 years :lol:
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 07, 2006
If you deal with one of the major developers, legal input is really of no value. Basically the bottom line is, here's the contract, have it checked, sign here and give us your money.

The reason why sign here comes after heres the contract, is basically there is no negotiation within the contract.

I must make it clear, that safety is only really with the 2 gov't part owned developers being Emaar and Nakheel. The largest totally private developer is Damac.

The only thing i have heard with regards to the small boys, is that the "headline" sale price, is not always the actual sale price, because of small print within the contracts. Things like payment for electricity supply is slipped in. So beware on that front.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

wise Feb 07, 2006
Very wise advice i think im going to be dealing with TEN real estate http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.com/ although it seems there is a few agencies for the same properties in the new international city, http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.co ... l_city.php
... http://www.mayfairinternational.com/int ... .cfm?pid=3 i will be sure to ask for a copy of the contract so i can go over everything with scrutiny, would be no harm getting a solicitor to look at it aswell i suppose...

on the topic of RENEWABLE residence visa at 5,000 dirhm
do you know how often it is to be renewed? is that to be paid every year?
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat