Villa Prices Fall By Up To 45%

Topic locked
Mar 18, 2009
[quote="kanelli"]Robby, not sure if you were talking to me or VW earlier. My experience of bad build quality came from a Springs villa. We were the first occupants. When drilling holes for the curtain rods we found large air pockets in the concrete, because the drill just sank into the wall. I had to fill in order to fasten the screws. Some months later my skinny, light cat decided to walk across the curtain rod and a large chunk of concrete came out of the wall where the curtain rod was fixed. The tiles on the floor could chip if you even dropped a small sugar spoon. The water drain was place in the wrong spot on the balcony, so when it did rain or we washed the balcony I had to squeegee a large puddle of water to the drain. Outside of our villa the guys who did the street put the drain on the upward sloping side, not the downward sloping side, so we constantly had a puddle of water out front from everyone washing their cars, and we had flooding out front when it did rain. Water leaked into our sliding doors and front door when we had rain. The water pump was faulty. The water heater in spare room was faulty. The toilet seat fixtures were faulty and needed to be adjusted all the time. Our neighbours had to dig up their driveway because the water tank leaked. Floor tiles were uneven, and the grout was three or four different shades of brown in the same room - guess they got sand and dirt in the grout and just applied it as is. This is all I can think of at the moment.[/quote]
thts awful..
did you buy this place off plan n was it delivered it to you later?
i mean it must have hurt to pay couple of million for such a crap..

xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2009
xdude wrote:
kanelli wrote:Robby, not sure if you were talking to me or VW earlier. My experience of bad build quality came from a Springs villa. We were the first occupants. When drilling holes for the curtain rods we found large air pockets in the concrete, because the drill just sank into the wall. I had to fill in order to fasten the screws. Some months later my skinny, light cat decided to walk across the curtain rod and a large chunk of concrete came out of the wall where the curtain rod was fixed. The tiles on the floor could chip if you even dropped a small sugar spoon. The water drain was place in the wrong spot on the balcony, so when it did rain or we washed the balcony I had to squeegee a large puddle of water to the drain. Outside of our villa the guys who did the street put the drain on the upward sloping side, not the downward sloping side, so we constantly had a puddle of water out front from everyone washing their cars, and we had flooding out front when it did rain. Water leaked into our sliding doors and front door when we had rain. The water pump was faulty. The water heater in spare room was faulty. The toilet seat fixtures were faulty and needed to be adjusted all the time. Our neighbours had to dig up their driveway because the water tank leaked. Floor tiles were uneven, and the grout was three or four different shades of brown in the same room - guess they got sand and dirt in the grout and just applied it as is. This is all I can think of at the moment.

thts awful..

Some of it sounds familiar, but I haven't seen it that bad to this extend. But I also heard that there are different phases in the Springs from different developers, some are really poor quality, other phases way better.

One thing or tip for the Watertank to everyone. If your waterbill is above let's say 300Dirhams, your water tank is leaking. Get the Water connection from DEWA directly connected to your house, skip the tank. Water pressure is still okay and you safe yourself thousands of Dirhams.

I had monthly waterbills above 1 even 2 thousands for the first year, thought it was normal with the garden etc. Until I discovered others are paying 200-300AED? Go figure....
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2009
Habibi wrote:
xdude wrote:
kanelli wrote:Robby, not sure if you were talking to me or VW earlier. My experience of bad build quality came from a Springs villa. We were the first occupants. When drilling holes for the curtain rods we found large air pockets in the concrete, because the drill just sank into the wall. I had to fill in order to fasten the screws. Some months later my skinny, light cat decided to walk across the curtain rod and a large chunk of concrete came out of the wall where the curtain rod was fixed. The tiles on the floor could chip if you even dropped a small sugar spoon. The water drain was place in the wrong spot on the balcony, so when it did rain or we washed the balcony I had to squeegee a large puddle of water to the drain. Outside of our villa the guys who did the street put the drain on the upward sloping side, not the downward sloping side, so we constantly had a puddle of water out front from everyone washing their cars, and we had flooding out front when it did rain. Water leaked into our sliding doors and front door when we had rain. The water pump was faulty. The water heater in spare room was faulty. The toilet seat fixtures were faulty and needed to be adjusted all the time. Our neighbours had to dig up their driveway because the water tank leaked. Floor tiles were uneven, and the grout was three or four different shades of brown in the same room - guess they got sand and dirt in the grout and just applied it as is. This is all I can think of at the moment.

thts awful..

Some of it sounds familiar, but I haven't seen it that bad to this extend. But I also heard that there are different phases in the Springs from different developers, some are really poor quality, other phases way better.

I think you mean different Contractor, the Developer of Springs has always been Emaar.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 18, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Habibi wrote:
xdude wrote:

thts awful..

I think you mean different Contractor, the Developer of Springs has always been Emaar.

Yes, sorry, indeed the contractor....
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2009
Luckily we were just renting, although if we had bought right when we arrived and then sold when we left we'd be rolling in cash :)

Arabtec, supposedly the best quality, was the contractor for our phase.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 18, 2009
kanelli wrote:Luckily we were just renting, although if we had bought right when we arrived and then sold when we left we'd be rolling in cash :)

Anyone feel like staying in a place within a 1-km radius of the Burj Dubai?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 18, 2009
gtmash wrote:
kanelli wrote:Luckily we were just renting, although if we had bought right when we arrived and then sold when we left we'd be rolling in cash :)

Anyone feel like staying in a place within a 1-km radius of the Burj Dubai?

No thanks, I'm fine where I am.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 18, 2009

was checking it today... 2BHK villa in Springs for 950k AED..
soon it will be reaching its 2003 price..
then u can think of buying it again, if u think tht u missed the bus last time..

not sure how long will it take it for u to roll in cash though!
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2009
xdude wrote:

was checking it today... 2BHK villa in Springs for 950k AED..
soon it will be reaching its 2003 price..
then u can think of buying it again, if u think tht u missed the bus last time..

not sure how long will it take it for u to roll in cash though!

After reading Kanelli's and VW post, I really get a nasty smell of how things are going in Dubai construction. It sounds smelly if you ask me.
I would definately take on a independant surveyor and let the entire villa be inspected and delivered to me in technical writings.

I really start thinking twice about off-plan buying. Damn numbnuts workers over there. I wonder how those top story buildings where constructed over the years. Maybe we eventually see one coming down!??

It would be the end of high prices in Dubai if that happened. My god, I see domino's falling all over the places...dollar domino's that is...
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2009
Still no seller at 2.1m :(
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2009
You mention the Burj Dubai.
Is there ANY chance of an Earthquake in Dubai? They get them in Iran. It is not that far. It is on the edge of a tectonic plate there.

Another thing ; all this talk of sea level rise due to "polar melt" and rising seas over 50 years are ignored in Dubai. It would f*ck up all the Palms and "The World" wouldn't it ??

Mind you, I am not a great believer in sea level rise or global warming.
See www.iceagenow.com . That sort of cooling would suit Dubai.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2009
RedKite wrote:You mention the Burj Dubai.
Is there ANY chance of an Earthquake in Dubai? They get them in Iran. It is not that far. It is on the edge of a tectonic plate there.

Another thing ; all this talk of sea level rise due to "polar melt" and rising seas over 50 years are ignored in Dubai. It would f*ck up all the Palms and "The World" wouldn't it ??

Mind you, I am not a great believer in sea level rise or global warming.
See www.iceagenow.com . That sort of cooling would suit Dubai.

yup
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 22, 2009
-20% not working out although a seller has offered me sig villa for -20%, but sig villa is too expensive.

Anyway, I'm looking for value offers.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 22, 2009
I remain in my position to hold on. They'll get back to you.
Maybe you can get back to them once in a while.

Prices a dropping across the board, so you get your villa as long as you keep pushing. If they need to sell, they look for a buyer. And when there are no buyers around, they one time have to settle.

Remember, banks are dribbling in the necks...
RobbyG

Mar 23, 2009
talking about properties does anyone know a good real estate agent. feel like buying something :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 23, 2009
rudeboy wrote:talking about properties does anyone know a good real estate agent. feel like buying something :D

I go through papers. GN sometimes have real offers vs BHomes unrealistic listed prices.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
Nucleus wrote:
rudeboy wrote:talking about properties does anyone know a good real estate agent. feel like buying something :D

I go through papers. GN sometimes have real offers vs BHomes unrealistic listed prices.

Is anyone buying right now though?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 23, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

There is limited sales. But compared to ads I guess sales is between 2%-4% of the listings per month. At the moment sellers are not reducing prices but price changes come in waves and I still think downward wave trend has not ended yet.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
Nucleus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

There is limited sales. But compared to ads I guess sales is between 2%-4% of the listings per month.

As I am not in real estate sales I wouldn't know if thats good or bad. I have noticed however that the local paper, Gulf News has substantially reduced the amount of advertisements over the past couple of months.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 23, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Nucleus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

There is limited sales. But compared to ads I guess sales is between 2%-4% of the listings per month.

As I am not in real estate sales I wouldn't know if thats good or bad. I have noticed however that the local paper, Gulf News has substantially reduced the amount of advertisements over the past couple of months.

It will probably advertise more sales when landlords find out that their tenants skipped!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 24, 2009
The world recession goes on....UNABATED. Unemployment is increasing in USA, UK, France and SPAIN is very bad..........so WHO from the outside is going to purchase Dubai property for mega-bucks?
It has got to come DOWN MORE. But Dubai MUST MARKET MORE AND FIGHT FOR BUYERS!!
To reach the UK market , you need UK domains.
Have you seen www.you-earn-money.co.uk for example?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 24, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

i would buy provided i can get something at the 2002-2003 prices. i am paying 55,000dhs rent for a 3 bedroom in shj. and i wouldn t mind getting something in jlt.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
RedKite wrote:The world recession goes on....UNABATED. Unemployment is increasing in USA, UK, France and SPAIN is very bad..........so WHO from the outside is going to purchase Dubai property for mega-bucks?

So what would you predict would be the right price for 3 bed detached villa, Springs / Ranches 3000ft2?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 24, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RedKite wrote:The world recession goes on....UNABATED. Unemployment is increasing in USA, UK, France and SPAIN is very bad..........so WHO from the outside is going to purchase Dubai property for mega-bucks?

So what would you predict would be the right price for 3 bed detached villa, Springs / Ranches 3000ft2?

well when it was launched we bought a 3 bedroom in the springs for 1 million dhs and now the price is i think 2.5 to 3 million dhs

but if someone offered me the same thing for 1.5 or even for 1 million i wouldnt buy it. Why? the building quality is not really good and its old villa now. instead i would rather get a plot demolish a old vila and build a new one on it with my own design. area hmmm jumeriah probably next to the beach.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
In springs villa's are selling for 1m to 1.4 at the moment. I think they will come down to 800k. In JLT prices are around 800 ppsf at the moment.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 24, 2009
Nucleus wrote:In springs villa's are selling for 1m to 1.4 at the moment. I think they will come down to 800k. In JLT prices are around 800 ppsf at the moment.

have they touched the base?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 27, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
Nucleus wrote:In springs villa's are selling for 1m to 1.4 at the moment. I think they will come down to 800k. In JLT prices are around 800 ppsf at the moment.

have they touched the base?

:?

Don't know.

As for PJA villa, one owner has come down to -16%.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2009
What does PJA mean?

Palm Jumeriah Frond A?

What's the price?
dresden
Dubai chat master

Mar 28, 2009
PJA = Palm Jebel Ali
RobbyG