UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwear!!

Topic locked
UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwear!! Jan 19, 2011
That’s just part of the bank’s 44-page dress code for its employees. This code was put into effect last month, but was widely mocked by many people.

Glad to see the bank is planning to revise this ridiculous code.

Imagine 44 pages long!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12207296

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwe Jan 19, 2011
Well atleast they didnt ask the female employees to wear bunny ears, and the men to wear red clown noses :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwe Jan 19, 2011
Didn't read the dress code rule book, but I have to wonder: how would they know if you are wearing flesh colored as opposed to not wearing anything at all??? :?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwe Jan 20, 2011
I don't think it is such a bad idea, especially if they have had problems with staff that required them to write some of these advice points. The skin coloured underwear one is weird, since the men have to wear dark suits you'd think the women should wear dark skirts or pants anyway, so no need for skin coloured undies!

I'll never forget the young Chinese salesman serving me in the sports store here in Singapore. He had an oily face, flaky unwashed hair, dry lips an mouth with teeth that were unbrushed for a long time and caked with tartar, unshowered body with Dubai taxi driver smell. Who knows when last washed his uniform. I almost wanted to vomit when he came up to me - especially when I smelled his breath. Seriously, how could coworkers or managers allow him to work like that! I would never have hired someone with that low standard of hygiene in the first place, and I would have sent him straight home if he came in to work in that state.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwe Jan 20, 2011
kanelli wrote:I'll never forget the young Chinese salesman serving me in the sports store here in Singapore. He had an oily face, flaky unwashed hair, dry lips an mouth with teeth that were unbrushed for a long time and caked with tartar, unshowered body with Dubai taxi driver smell. Who knows when last washed his uniform. I almost wanted to vomit when he came up to me - especially when I smelled his breath. Seriously, how could coworkers or managers allow him to work like that! I would never have hired someone with that low standard of hygiene in the first place, and I would have sent him straight home if he came in to work in that state.

Kanelli, give the guy a break, maybe he is working 2 or 3 jobs, back to back with no sleep , bills to pay , and barely getting anything to eat, its not his fault , its circumstance
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UBS Bank Female Employees Must Wear Skin-Colored Underwe Jan 21, 2011
Nah, he was young. More likely he still lives at mom and dad's and spends all night playing video games, then rolls out of bed and goes to work.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat