UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship,

Topic locked
Re: UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship, Jul 20, 2012
Nucleus , Do the FNC actually have any power? I thoguht they could only make recommendations and it was still up to central government to decide whether they want to implement something or not.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship, Jul 20, 2012
Chocoholic wrote:Do the FNC actually have any power? I thoguht they could only make recommendations and it was still up to central government to decide whether they want to implement something or not.
It is a long process of transfering power to FNC, it is happening slowly. For example, FNC passed the following law recently: http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... nd-day-off
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship, Jul 21, 2012
general_A , yes ignoring the facts is quite the epidemic in uae
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship, Jul 21, 2012
zubbber wrote:general_A , yes ignoring the facts is quite the epidemic in uae

Yes, what actually is a FACT is you ignoring my question.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: UAE Strips Online Activist Of Citizenship, Jul 29, 2012
This is an interesting case but I'm not sure how much more one wants from the UAE? After visiting there I am amazed at the quality and standard of living compared to the most high-tech countries in the Western and Asian world. To put this in perspective, the UAE is far ahead of Japan in technology and modernization.

I remember watching a documentary showing that if done properly, the UAE authorities are quite willing to listen and consider changes to the way things are done. However, I am guessing this group of people wanted to seize power and overthrow the current government, the UAE government has done a lot of things right to achieve what they have in about 4 decades and I wouldn't want to disturb this, not out of fear but out of admiration for how good things are!
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat