0.6%

South American
0.1%

Total
100.0%

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 08, 2009
The UAE should be re-named, New India it seems ;)

Kidding! kidding!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 08, 2009
Pretty staggering if you grouped them accroding to Continents.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 08, 2009
kanelli wrote:The UAE should be re-named, New India it seems ;)

Kidding! kidding!

Should Sheik be replace by the dominating Nationalities? :pukeright:
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 08, 2009
Interesting statistics.

Would be good to see the Emirate by Emirate proportional breakdown too.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 08, 2009
As a matter of interest where do these figures originate from?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 08, 2009
Kidding! kidding!

United Indian Emirates
joking! :lol:
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 08, 2009
and this might just be the reason, they want us to be moving out of this place. indians are just too much here.. (me being one) ..

and they are doing this by, one villa one family, new visa rules and so on..

ah..time to start packing i guess..

interesting info btw..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 08, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:
Kidding! kidding!

United Indian Emirates
joking! :lol:

hahaha this is interesting..
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 08, 2009
I was of the understanding there were much more Europeans and Americans in UAE/Dubai. How wrong could I be.
Not that it matters to me. To me everyone is equal.

Europe (and Australia)
2.1%
America
0.7%

I don't know where the Mr. bangladeshi guy makes his fuss about. There are almost no Westerners around...

He probably means another geographic situated group of people. That shows how much prejudice there is among some people.
RobbyG

Jan 08, 2009
Correct me if i am wrong but this Census was done in the first 1/4 of 2008.

I guess there are a lot less US, Europe and Aussies in Dubai now
arniegang

Jan 09, 2009
I was very surprised how low the percentage was for European / Australian / North american (~3%) and how high the Indian / Pakistani / Bangladeshi (~60%).

Just an observation.

Scratcher
Scratcher
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 09, 2009
arniegang wrote:Correct me if i am wrong but this Census was done in the first 1/4 of 2008.

I guess there are a lot less US, Europe and Aussies in Dubai now

I asked the question, however still no real information, does anyone have a link to the information source?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I don't know where the Mr. bangladeshi guy makes his fuss about. There are almost no Westerners around...

He probably means another geographic situated group of people. That shows how much prejudice there is among some people.

It is ironic that he chose to embarrass the entire country of Bangladesh by using his nationality and religion as his username, and then posting immature ***-kissing crap in the hope that uaekid will refer to him as "brother" eventually.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I was of the understanding there were much more Europeans and Americans in UAE/Dubai. How wrong could I be.
Not that it matters to me. To me everyone is equal.

Europe (and Australia)
2.1%
America
0.7%

I don't know where the Mr. bangladeshi guy makes his fuss about. There are almost no Westerners around...

Yet these very same Westerners are abundant nude, wearing bikinis, making lascivious, lewd actions that run contrary to the Emirati ways of life.

The % of Indians is way too high IMO. Emirates should select more fellow Arabs and Muslims first.

There are fora where the Indians are denigrating Islam, Muslims and Arabs regularly. Many of these Indians, once they leave UAE, will revert to belittling Emiratis, Arabs and Muslims.

If honest, good natured Indians or any other person works in UAE, I don't care, it's between you and them.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I don't know where the Mr. bangladeshi guy makes his fuss about. There are almost no Westerners around...

It is ironic that he chose to embarrass the entire country of Bangladesh by using his nationality and religion as his username, and then posting immature ***-kissing crap in the hope that uaekid will refer to him as "brother" eventually.

So true! Seriously though, we all need to ignore this hatemonger.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 09, 2009
gtmash wrote:

I salute you gtmash. It means a lot coming from another Bangladeshi. I always wondered how you felt about him, there are lots of other Moslems on this forum who are disgusted by his behavior but as I said, you as a Bangladeshi coming out means a lot. He is a true embarassement to your country. God help us from such hate.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 09, 2009
kanelli wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Yeah I had that same feeling. Seeking support for his cause.

In reply of Mr. Bangladeshi (as I name him);
I think you must not make a fuss about our cultural differences. We don't walk nude. We aren't used to the heat, and we don't like sweaty shirts all day, so we pull em off our chests on the beaches. So what? Dubai thinks its fine close to the resorts for all I know.

And what is wrong with a bit of passion and flirting. Its human. Not that it should lead to openly sexual habits but it keeps the joy to my life.
Its actually sad not to see the real beauty of Arabian women, as I know they are gorgeous. Due to their covered black clothing I'm not feeling the slightest invitation or urge to look to them. I think that is sad. I would love to see the beauty of the Arabian female and treasure it with my eyes only.

IMHO
RobbyG

Jan 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Due to their covered black clothing I'm not feeling the slightest invitation or urge to look to them. I think that is sad. I would love to see the beauty of the Arabian female and treasure it with my eyes only.

Haha, that is the POINT actually. As much as Brit ministers like to think that this covering is imposed on Muslims, many women choose to adhere to it in order to avoid men's eyes. There are two sides to everything. Some do it freely, and some are forced to do it by overzealous men in theor family.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 09, 2009
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Due to their covered black clothing I'm not feeling the slightest invitation or urge to look to them. I think that is sad. I would love to see the beauty of the Arabian female and treasure it with my eyes only.

Haha, that is the POINT actually. As much as what Brit ministers think that this covering is imposed on Muslims, many women choose to adhere to it in order to avoid men's eyes.

I know, and it is their right to do so. I'm not saying they should change that. I only think it is sad.
But what would the actual reason be, why Arabian women want the wear there covered sleeves? Is it because they think their men can't keep their hands off of them? Affraid of being raped?
I don't know really why they want that. In some countries the religious leaders actually impose those rules on women, to avoid the hormones of men from running wild before marriage.

The thing is, education is important. If it is allowed to talk about issues like this, the openmindedness of some religious leaders would become more mature. It requires freedom of speech and opinions which lack in some parts of the world, even in 2009.

Some even go as far as saying the Middle East is stuck in standards of life based on life in the 7th Century according to Western standards. There is a point to be made on that one in my opinion.

Its all about personal responsibility. Don't do unethical and unmoral things and live according to law. But that doesn't mean you can't discuss these points in order to advance the standard of living in our western societies. Its a great difference in standpoints. Thats one of the reasons why, I think, secular nations have more succes with democracy. Freedom of speech.
RobbyG

Jan 09, 2009
Europe, Australia and the Yanks make up only 2.7%. I thought it was much higher. But I suppose I spend too much time round the Marina where it's western expats aplenty. But I was out in the desert resently and there it's back to 'spot the whitey'.

Must be bloody hard for the Government to create public policy when by far the majority of the country's population are not citizens. Such a strange situation.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
There was a piece on the telly a while back, showing the circumstances in which the Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshies live in their 'compounds' or 'work camps' out there in the desert, whatever you like. They get paid about a buck for one day of work.

But since we have a Mr. Bangladeshi guy here among us, who doesn't have a tiny bit of respect for us Westerners...why should I care you ask?
After reconsideration; I think I don't mind for now... :puke:
RobbyG

Jan 09, 2009
gtmash wrote:

***-kissing crap? Doesn't sound nice.

I dont know where you are from, but if you don't like Emirates or Dubai, nobody is forcing you to stay and make a fool out of yourself.

You can go to the Western world , do all your "***-kissing crap" with the nonmuslim Westerners for all I care.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:
gtmash wrote:

I think you must not make a fuss about our cultural differences. We don't walk nude. We aren't used to the heat, and we don't like sweaty shirts all day, so we pull em off our chests on the beaches. So what? Dubai thinks its fine close to the resorts for all I know.

And what is wrong with a bit of passion and flirting. Its human. Not that it should lead to openly sexual habits but it keeps the joy to my life.
Its actually sad not to see the real beauty of Arabian women, as I know they are gorgeous. Due to their covered black clothing I'm not feeling the slightest invitation or urge to look to them. I think that is sad. I would love to see the beauty of the Arabian female and treasure it with my eyes only.

IMHO

Listen to the muppets singing each others' tunes to nobody but a western audience's delight.

If you don't have the brains to realize what is wrong with passion and flirting I suggest you send your female relatives to Dubai for men to ogle, and use them for pleasure.

But given prostitution is a flourishing industry and LEGAL in Netherlands, may be it's not a surprise to you. Children from such background aren't well thought of in civilized world. Maybe its' why you fail to understand the reason why promiscuity, lasciviousness, lewd, immoral behaviour is a Western trait and need to be contained and eliminated.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
muslimbangladeshi wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:
gtmash wrote:

IMHO

Listen to the muppets singing each others' tunes to nobody but a western audience's delight.

If you don't have the brains to realize what is wrong with passion and flirting I suggest you send your female relatives to Dubai for men to ogle, and use them for pleasure.

But given prostitution is a flourishing industry and LEGAL in Netherlands, may be it's not a surprise to you. Children from such background aren't well thought of in civilized world.

Maybe its' why you fail to understand the reason why promiscuity, lasciviousness, lewd, immoral behaviour is a Western trait and need to be contained and eliminated.

With this line of talk, your on the edge of being banned son. I have serious difficulties with this kind of behaviour. It cannot be tolerated.

I will await for the moderators to abstain you to further participation on DF. This is truly insane.
RobbyG

Jan 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
muslimbangladeshi wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:
gtmash wrote:

IMHO

But given prostitution is a flourishing industry and LEGAL in Netherlands, may be it's not a surprise to you. Children from such background aren't well thought of in civilized world.

Maybe its' why you fail to understand the reason why promiscuity, lasciviousness, lewd, immoral behaviour is a Western trait and need to be contained and eliminated.

With this line of talk, your on the edge of being banned son. I have serious difficulties with this kind of behaviour. It cannot be tolerated.

I will await for the moderators to abstain you to further participation on DF. This is truly insane.

Ignore the troll from now on. He hasn't stepped out of his parents' home long enough to know what goes on at Naif road, York hotel, etc.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 09, 2009
I will from now on.

brgds.
RobbyG

Jan 09, 2009
Hey bangali baba..

Thats enough of you talking sh!t in this forum and not respecting others.

If you don't have the brains to realize what is wrong with passion and flirting I suggest you send your female relatives to Dubai for men to ogle, and use them for pleasure

What the fck do you mean by that ..

Wonder if you did you so, that you are making a statement here..

ta'al ha7ndhal freej wa ana barawe3ek..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
muslimbangladeshi wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:
gtmash wrote:

IMHO

Ignore the troll from now on. He hasn't stepped out of his parents' home long enough to know what goes on at Naif road, York hotel, etc.

GTMash, you are the troll if you believe what happens in the West should be allowed in Dubai. Just because some thing happened doesn't mean it should happen.

Do local Emiratis like it the way Westerners are intruding into their space?
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
Do local Emiratis like it the way Westerners are intruding into their space?

Well they sure do enjoy it!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat