US Turning Against Gulf States

Topic locked
US turning against Gulf States Feb 21, 2006
Abrar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 21, 2006
Its been the case ever since 9/11 that the US is turning on Saudi.... Turning against all Gulf States would be a mistake on their part, but I doubt they are doing that.

The USA and the West excel in the game of divide and conquer. That is why I disagree that they are turning against all the Gulf...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
Quotes like this from the above article have got to make you wonder,

Critics have cited the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the hijackers who carried out the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. In addition, they contend the UAE was an important transfer point for shipments of smuggled nuclear components sent to Iran, North Korea and Libya by a Pakistani scientist.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 21, 2006
Isn't Pakistaini President is their puppet in the region now... Why don't they stop dealing with him like they want to stop dealing with UAE owned company.....

Hell with this politics, these Makiavilli teachings. (Fu(K the spelling)
yshimy

Feb 21, 2006
this is such a fun conversation, i would join in but the match sticks are breaking under the weight of my eyelids

(sarcasm)
richmc
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2006
About UAE buying the ports, the way they are taking is just outrageous. PPl there are bigots. Just beacsue one of them had bank account in UAE, they come to conclusion UAE is a terrorist state and supports terrorism. It's just so stupid and exposes the mental makeup and anti-middle east policy. Now we can see who has the problem and why 9/11 as occurred.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2006
American and Western governments in general are very short sighted and are quite dumb.

Nothing new with that....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
whats crazy about this whole thing is that Dubai is the only middle eastern city that has never suffered a terrorist attack, so actually the US ports have alot to learn from the way security is done in this country :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
MaaaD wrote:whats crazy about this whole thing is that Dubai is the only middle eastern city that has never suffered a terrorist attack, so actually the US ports have alot to learn from the way security is done in this country :)

I doubt the US will start paying off Al Qaeda like the UAE does...

Oh no, I gotta run... CID is banging down my door :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
Liban wrote:
MaaaD wrote:whats crazy about this whole thing is that Dubai is the only middle eastern city that has never suffered a terrorist attack, so actually the US ports have alot to learn from the way security is done in this country :)

I doubt the US will start paying off Al Qaeda like the UAE does...

:lol: ya they US made them ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
yah.. they are anti the Gulf. Thats why

Bush is threating to use the VETO if the US gov will not aprove the ports deal.

that why they have the biggest military bases in the middle east in Qatar.

Petty you Guys... petty you...
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2006
fayz wrote:Quotes like this from the above article have got to make you wonder,

Critics have cited the UAE's history as an operational and financial base for the hijackers who carried out the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. In addition, they contend the UAE was an important transfer point for shipments of smuggled nuclear components sent to Iran, North Korea and Libya by a Pakistani scientist.

9/11 hijackers were trained in US too and shipments of nuclear weapons were made by a Sir Lankan businessman living in UAE. It's weird they are trying to block the deal with UAE company over this.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
the level of US paranoia about anything "Arab" is very high. Since 9/11 everything in the ME has been lumped together, little or no distinction between Saudi and UAE.
hetherjw
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2006
yes I know.which also should remind Arabs that oil isn't everything.Saudis should do something else now.diversify their economy.

haven't they even thought of this?I guess they haven't.
Abrar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 28, 2006
It is so much harder to keep autocratic control over a diverse economy. Right now the House of Saud just needs to control the oil production to maintain their exorbitant wealth at the expense of the population... much harder to do with a diverse economy. Some day they will have to, or risk monopolizing themselves right into the grave when the oil starts to dry up. I think when their economy REALLY starts to diversify will we see major changes in Saudi in every arena from political to social.
hetherjw
Dubai Forums Member

Interesting article.. Mar 07, 2006
All americans aren't dumb apparently...

http://www.thecommodityinvestor.com/int ... dorfoe.htm
kalmeerut
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat