Transport Service For Pool Tables?

Topic locked
Transport service for Pool Tables? Mar 28, 2009
I found a good deal on a pool table, but of cause you miss out on the service of home delivery and setup when buying second hand.

Did anyone bought a second hand pool table and whom did you engage to get it transported and what are the likely costs of this?

Many thanks for any suggestions ...

Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 28, 2009
I wouldn't trust the little indian guys with their open trucks, a pool table is extra heavy and expensive and well beyond their capabilites. Maybe a professional removal company?

I found a list online, I'd suggest someone with a rep, like ISS, Allied Pickfords or GAC (GAC are not in this list). Good luck (check on their insurance cover too!).

ABHP Movers Ahmed Saleh Packing
Tel: +971 4 3205227 Tel: +971 4 2854000

Al Ahli Repacking Service LLC Al Rayhan Repacking Services
Tel: +971 4 3403242 Tel: +971 4 3400144

Allied Pickfords LLC

Century Freight & Logistics LLC

Tel: +971 4 3383600 Tel: +971 4 2954547

Crown Relocation LLC CSS Homeward Bound
Tel: +971 4 2895152 Tel: +971 4 3245111

DASA International Movers

Elite Shipping LLC
Tel: +971 4 3344545 Tel: +971 4 283831/4

Euro Movers Inc.

Executive Movers Worldwide LLC
Tel: +971 4 3403920 Tel: +971 4 3967635

First Gulf Shipping

Global Relocations (International Removals)
Tel: +971 4 3351350 Tel: +971 4 3523300

ISS Packing & Removals

Move One Relocations

Tel: +971 4 3038644 Tel: + 971 4 2993006

Orbit Movers
Tel: +971 4 3388993
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
Thanx, I found the above info quite handy!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Thanx, I found the above info quite handy!

Always glad to help ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2009
Speedhump, thanks for your reply, a nice list of movers which can come in handy indeed.

Thing is, you don't only want a mover, but also some guys who know how to take apart a pool table, move it and install it again.

To my luck this week, the guy selling me the table gave me the number of the guys who initially delivered it (pls pm me if you need it).

The cost was exactly 1kAED, which was okay to me, considering they had to get it off a 5th floor somewhere in Bur Dubai and deliver and install to the Springs ... the guys were busy quite some hours that day and came all the way from Sharjah.

So then, the second hand table (full size, canadian style on wooden legs) I got for 2.5k, incl. delivery and setup, a total of 3.5k ... let the ball games begin;-)
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 02, 2009
Habibi wrote:Speedhump, thanks for your reply, a nice list of movers which can come in handy indeed.

Thing is, you don't only want a mover, but also some guys who know how to take apart a pool table, move it and install it again.

To my luck this week, the guy selling me the table gave me the number of the guys who initially delivered it (pls pm me if you need it).

The cost was exactly 1kAED, which was okay to me, considering they had to get it off a 5th floor somewhere in Bur Dubai and deliver and install to the Springs ... the guys were busy quite some hours that day and came all the way from Sharjah.

So then, the second hand table (full size, canadian style on wooden legs) I got for 2.5k, incl. delivery and setup, a total of 3.5k ... let the ball games begin;-)

That's a great all in price I think, well done. yes to set up a pool table you need the knowledge, I thought maybe you had someone for that, stretching the baize, levelling etc. It's not easy :D

Have fun!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
Habibi wrote:Speedhump, thanks for your reply, a nice list of movers which can come in handy indeed.

Thats a very nice price Habibi. I hope it looks good for that price too!

Good job.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Transport service for Pool Tables? Apr 06, 2009
Habibi wrote:I found a good deal on a pool table, but of cause you miss out on the service of home delivery and setup when buying second hand.

Did anyone bought a second hand pool table and whom did you engage to get it transported and what are the likely costs of this?

Many thanks for any suggestions ...

I can suggest you one more transport agent
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat