Topic For Discussion

Topic locked
topic for discussion Dec 19, 2005
gettting more emiratis into the work place is bollocks.
I mean which other country in the world has programs to get more nationals into their work force.Most of the people i have seen dont actually want to work, never smile and couldn't really give a shit.They actually find it hard to even lift their feet when walking.
My point stick nationals back to unemployment and hire the qualified people for the jobs.
Please feel free to discuss this matter.
And just because sheikh mohhamed is pushing for this programme is the U.A.E dosent mean its politically correct. :? Image

175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 19, 2005
175...i am not there yet so cannot comment on the "local" situation at hand...but singapore has the same shift of focus...they are driving towards hiring local "talent" over "foreign" talent...this has been an on going arguement for a long time now...though singaporeans are "reluctant" to do menial jobs and also to a certain extent "choosy"...but i am confident its not as escalated as the situation at hand in dubai...i guess when i come there will get a closer look at what you just pointed out...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 19, 2005
bottom line if your qualified for the job apply you dont need special permission from sheik mo.IMHO.
Alls fair in love and war :?:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 19, 2005
ok,
been here for 4 weeks, here is my experience so far.

First
in the airport, i standed in a line which visa was processed by a local, the line was the shortest when i got there, but ended up the slowest and people piled up behind the line to the extent people moved out from the very far front to other long lines.
the guy was very slow and was really really dealing with slow motion i couldn't belive myself and always ask the indian guy in the next cube to process things for him, so his speed (with on exaggeration) was around 1 person to 6 person processed by others.

Second experience.
In Dewa paying the initial deposit.
A local was serving, The line was 5 in front of me when i got there, 45 min later the line was 3 in front of me and around 7 behind me.
The local guy (also slow motion movement) left and another Local came, people got out of the line to go to the other counter and the line got messy and i cursed the day i came to Dubai, BUT....
This local told me to wait because he need to photo copy my documents, processed the 3 in front of me and the 7 behind me in exactly 7 minutes and i was out in 10 minutes.
The guy was cheerful, apologized that he let me wait but explained that this is faster for all the people, and was really cheerful.

Conclusion,
In all countries there are many lazy people and few hardworkers qualified people.
UAE are very small population, didn't used to be employees, so, the good ones are hard to find, but they exist, it will take time till they get used to be employees. The same senario was in Saudi and now it is improving.

Oh SHI* what a long post
;) cheers
yshimy

Dec 20, 2005
Didn't we have a big chat about this a while ago? Anyway:

There are many nationals that want to work and who're very good at what they do. But there are also those who don't really care. The thing that annoys me is when companies implement nationalisation and put people out of jobs in favour of someone who is totally unqualified to do the job just because they're local.

Sure implement it, but make sure the nationals have to correct qualifications and training first, otherwise what's the point?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 20, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Sure implement it, but make sure the nationals have to correct qualifications and training first, otherwise what's the point?

I'm really starting to like you now :wink:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat