Thinking Of Coming To Dubai...

Topic locked
thinking of coming to Dubai... Feb 22, 2006
I was hoping some of you could give me an idea of life in Dubai. I'm thinking of heading over there and want to get a feel for it. Any information would be much appreicated :)

Roxy
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 22, 2006
Your post is too general I'm afraid.

Roxy, if you'd like to know more about Dubai you could buy Dubai Explorer 10th Edition, Explorer Publishing.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 22, 2006
I guess if I give a little bit of background information about myself that would help. I'm female, single and 28 years old. I would like to know more about the lifestyle, activities that you can do there, what it is like to work there, is there a large number of foreigners to connect with, what are the accomodations usually like (clean, small, etc...). Are people usually happy there? I did a year of teaching in Korea and the turnover rate there is quite fast as some people don't adjust that well and I want to know if it is a similar environment in Dubai? Is that enough information to go on? Hope so. Thanks for the reading material suggestion.
Roxy
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 23, 2006
The lifestyale is actually fine.. if not the best in the region.

Almost every kind of Activities are available here within affordable charge.

the work enviorment is professional in Dubai, there are many MNCs which are having their regional offices in places Like Dubai Internet City and Dubai media city.

the majorty of Dubai's population are Expats from about 180 nationalities , its a cosmopolitan city.

Accommodation, yes.. its an issue when it comes to the rents here... you can find very good flats/apart. here.. but you have to consider paying good money for the rent normally u have to pay about 60-65 for 1BR aprt.. that the avarage ..in the normal good places. of course when it comes to this point... the sky is ur limit here depends where you wana stay.

the people are happey and fine, i am not going say that its the best place on earth... every place has its own issues.. reltivley .. dubai is safe, nice, and friendly.. so its easy to adjust you will need some short time to get to know a ltl bit about the culture.

bottom line, its a good place to save some money and fly back home.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 23, 2006
Interesting.
Any idea where I can find the Dubai Explorer 10th Edition?

I am in quite a simular situation, also 28, and gaining all kind of information on the possibilities in Dubai.

Planning to fly over and have a look.
JRBelgio
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 23, 2006
JRBelgio wrote:Interesting.
Any idea where I can find the Dubai Explorer 10th Edition?

I am in quite a simular situation, also 28, and gaining all kind of information on the possibilities in Dubai.

Planning to fly over and have a look.

Normally it should be in book shops and libraries...if you are out side UAE you can visit the UAE embassy, they should have something.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat