5 Things I Could Change About Dubai....

Topic locked
5 Things I could Change About Dubai.... Aug 02, 2008
Source : www.dxbunderground.com/blog

5 Things I could Change About Dubai....

Well Its not a perfect picture yet , There is a lot of things I would like to change about Dubai .

And here I start...

1 - Traffic :- Yes Its the Ultimate nuisance when it come to Dubai . Its Not Only " TOTAL WASTE " of time and fuel , It also adds to your stress level .
Traffic = Bullshit !

2 - Inequality
:- The priority and privilege nationals enjoy gets pissing off at times. They hardly work , All they do is Increase our rent and buy big cars with it .
Inequality = Unjust !

3 - Handicapped Internal transport :- All emirates posses a very weak domestic transport . Buses are less , frequency is lesser and the crowd is HUMONGUS . Its the same story when it comes to taxi too. I remember waiting around one hour in the F**king heat for this two and yet got none .Not once but many times.
Handicapped Internal transport= Annoying !

4 -Expensive rates for Communication services :- In India the call rate is a Rupee a minute . which is 3 times less than what we give in Dubai . I could get 5 times the speed for the same amount I pay for my 256KPBS connection in Dubai .
Expensive rates for Communication services = LOOT !

5 - No Recognition for cricket :- We here in U.A.E get close to null support from government when it comes to cricket . The players who represent our team are not even full time cricketers , They work full time and practice at night . Cricket does not even receive a fraction of government capital and support which foot ball enjoys in U.A.E .
No Recognition for cricket = Demotivating !

So my readership do you agree with me ?

Do Visit us at www.dxbunderground.com/blog

dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 03, 2008
Yes yes yes we know we know! The topics have been discussed to death, but you know full well othing is ever going to change, so you just have to suck it up.

With regards to the cricket? Oh good! It's the most boring sport on the planet.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 03, 2008
umm I am an Indian , and cricket is considered a religion out in my part of the world . So we better quit the argument right here .
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 03, 2008
Iam planning to move to Dubai from India and such info are eye openers for me.....
Ramya
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 03, 2008
Every coin has 2 sides ....

I would recommend you reading my previous post in this same forum , its called " 10 Things I love about Dubai "
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2008
Cricket is the most boring sport in the world. Let's end the argument there.
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 07, 2008
PhilH Cricket is not a boring game :@
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2008
Oh yes it is.

(This could go on a while...)
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 07, 2008
Its aleas better then a game where 20 people run behind one ball.......
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2008
dude91x wrote:Its aleas better then a game where 20 people run behind one ball.......

How?!

Football is SO much more entertaining, doesn't take more than 2 hours of your time AND is so much faster!
allinthefamily
Dubai Forum User

Aug 08, 2008
Agree - it's pretty simple. All you need to do is look at the match attendances, TV audience figures and the sponsorship money of the respective sports to realise which is the more popular.
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 08, 2008
cricket is boring if you don't understand it. once you understand it and there's good contest going on its' fun to watch.
however in the last decade roughly speaking there's been a general decline of quality cricketing contests imo simply because contests are more one sided in favour of batsmen.

pitches lose bounce, grass or both to favour batsmen, boundaries are brought in to ensure high scoring matches and introduction of T20 makes bowling even harder. What with Free -hits? In ODIs change of old ball after 34 overs to stop reverse swinging balls?

Other than that once you understand it and good contest is on, its great to watch AND play, a sport that requires both physical and mental effort (not always but mostly).

NB Indian finances i.e BCCI financing of ICC changed cricket for worse IMHO in last few years its always batsmen friendly game in almost all parts of world barring england where ball swings like frisbee. with one sided contests it acutally makes india look a more competitive team. btw i am not trying to offend indian cricket team, but its an observation i thought was worth sharing. nor am i trying to say bangladeshi cricket team is better than indian; its much worse than indian cricket team or most top test teams. its not an effort to antagonize anybody but BCCI is ruining cricket (not that i liked aussie and english domination of management earlier). My opinion is more bowling friendly conditions need to be encouraged in all forms, favouring fast bowlers, swing bowlers spinners and batting also needs to be respected. it must be a contest. also BCCI need to be stripped of this huge influence in ICC, one way of doing this is spreading the game of cricket in other parts of the world as gilchrist (australia) recently suggested

NB Sorry for the off topic post
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Aug 08, 2008
philh wrote:Agree - it's pretty simple. All you need to do is look at the match attendances, TV audience figures and the sponsorship money of the respective sports to realise which is the more popular.

popularity indicates what exactly? that football is a simple game and the only true globally popular sport?

but i'd rate cricket ahead of volleyball basketball baseball and many other braindead sports like athletics or swimming. maybe thats my bias (due to being in subcontinent where cricket is popular) but theres reason i can provide for these statemetns
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Aug 08, 2008
Popularity, by definition, is an indicator of whether something generates interest and is, therefore, boring or not.
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 08, 2008
The Subcontinent People Worship cricket and they are in majority in Dubai :)

so you don't wanna mess with us !

Philh You should try your hand playing cricket some time........to actually know and adore the sport !

Visit me at www.dxbunderground.com/blog
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2008
What, other than playing for 8 years at school and living next to a cricket club?
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 08, 2008
I'm Indian and I understand cricket pretty well too. However, I understand football pretty damn well also, and prefer it to cricket by miles. Oh, and it's nowhere NEAR a braindead sport; there is a lot more to the game than a bunch of guys putting the ball into a net.

This is a debate based on personal interests, so chances are no one's going to agree to the other sport being 'better' than theirs...

Anyway, the Prem's starting in 9 days! At last!
allinthefamily
Dubai Forum User

Aug 08, 2008
hear hear!
philh
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 08, 2008
Diff peeps Diff Opinions

I still think cricket is better!
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules