Is There Too Much Penis Envy Or Castration Anxiety In Dubai?

Topic locked
Is there too much Penis Envy or Castration Anxiety in Dubai? Jan 06, 2011
I speak metaphorically, of course. Didnt really mean to be indelicate, but considering the amount of bragging that goes on here, I suspect there maybe, not entirely in the Freudian sense. I am carrying out some personal research, so your honest and uninhibited replies would be greatly appreciated...... :bigsmurf:

zonker
BANNED

Re: Is there too much Penis Envy or Castration Anxiety in Du Jan 06, 2011
zonker wrote:I speak metaphorically, of course. Didnt really mean to be indelicate, but considering the amount of bragging that goes on here, I suspect there maybe, not entirely in the Freudian sense. I am carrying out some personal research, so your honest and uninhibited replies would be greatly appreciated...... :bigsmurf:

you mean the Expat hairdressers and gardeners-cum- executives/directors once in dubai?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Is There Too Much Penis Envy Or Castration Anxiety In Du Jan 06, 2011
Peni$ Envy is the hostility expressed by females towards males and Castration Anxiety is experienced only during childhood in males.

If you do intend to carry out a survey, you will need a control group of men who are not braggarts, but your research will be biased if the control group and the observation group are not of the same nationality (culture)

The impulse to brag does stem from insecurity, meaning someone brags to makeup for a lack in something, this same principle applies to why men have the urge to buy expensive cars, large houses, or brag about how big the tits of the last whore he banged.

Female bragging is not due to insecurity, they brag to show they are more dominant and strong among themselves , it stems from the need to show strength.

Anyway please do post your stat anlaysis too when you are done with the research.

And please do take care of your sampling procedures. Good luck
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Is There Too Much Penis Envy Or Castration Anxiety In Du Jan 07, 2011
Oh sure zubber, I shall give you all the details...the gory details.....I believe in total transparency! :lol:

I find people in such a complex in the UAE and Dubai in particular. I remember when I first went to Dubai and was met by an acquaintence in his SUV. Not a particularly grand one, just the ordinary run of the mill kind of thing, but he went on and on about it. Similarly, I notice people talking about their possessions; they do have a right to be proud of their achievements, but upto a point, after which it becomes irksome.
Freud said at some point girls become aware that they dont have a p...s, and start wishing they had one too. I believe this theory is no longer held to be the whole truth. I was wondering if this applies to the people who brag; maybe they feel they lack something. In the UAE, the great equalizer is the LOCAL!
Yalla, and its all gone....
And the usual story of the expat is: we came to stay for a couple of years........but they are then there for decades. :bigsmurf:
zonker
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat