errtime
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2007
Interesting read,

I wish i found oil reserves on my land too ! :cry:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: The richest city in the world Mar 15, 2007
chthomas wrote:http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/03/19/8402357/index.htm?postversion=2007031211

Thats a fantastic article, many thanks for that. A great read and nice to know that Abu Dhabi is putting it's foot down and competing with Dubai!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: The richest city in the world Mar 15, 2007
dubailover wrote:
chthomas wrote:http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/03/19/8402357/index.htm?postversion=2007031211

Thats a fantastic article, many thanks for that. A great read and nice to know that Abu Dhabi is putting it's foot down and competing with Dubai!

Why is that nice?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2007
AD obviously has a lot of money but I doubt it will ever catch up with Dubai in terms of the image. There's loads of talk of "Abu Dhabi is 5 years behind Dubai, just wait and see what it's like" but everything they're building residency-wise is the same price or more expensive than Dubai where it's widely accepted property is overpriced.

Sure, they have some good projects, but ultimately - who wants to live in Abu Dhabi when Dubai is much more exciting and only an hour's drive away?
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: The richest city in the world Mar 20, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
dubailover wrote:

Why is that nice?

Why not? :D

Well its great to know that the UAE is continuously bettering itself all the time!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

dubailover wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
dubailover wrote:

Why is that nice?

Well its great to know that the UAE is continuously bettering itself all the time!

I'm afraid it will not quite work like that, they have to go a long way to better Dubai.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
dubailover wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
dubailover wrote:

Why is that nice?

I'm afraid it will not quite work like that, they have to go a long way to better Dubai.

I totally agree with you Sage and I love Dubai to bits, however if Abu Dhabi flexes it financial Muscle the I think Dubai will have a competition on its hands. I doubt this will every happen though......or will it?!?!?!?!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 20, 2007
As above, Dubai is a destination with things to do. You can "do" much of Abu Dhabi in a day. They can build all the shiny buildings they want, but without any real international profile and nothing to attract Westerners (miles behind Dubai in free zones and property ownership laws, a quite frankly appalling social scene) then all you'll end up with is lots of shiny buildings owned by locals and no-one to fill them. Think predicted Dubai property crash and multiply by 2 or 3 in 5 years time.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 20, 2007
scot1870 wrote:AD obviously has a lot of money but I doubt it will ever catch up with Dubai in terms of the image. There's loads of talk of "Abu Dhabi is 5 years behind Dubai, just wait and see what it's like" but everything they're building residency-wise is the same price or more expensive than Dubai where it's widely accepted property is overpriced.

Sure, they have some good projects, but ultimately - who wants to live in Abu Dhabi when Dubai is much more exciting and only an hour's drive away?

If you drive from Abu Dhabi to Dubai at 140 kph, in one hour you'll only reach Jebel Ali Free Zone. Not too exciting. :wink:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 21, 2007
gtmash wrote:If you drive from Abu Dhabi to Dubai at 140 kph, in one hour you'll only reach Jebel Ali Free Zone. Not too exciting. :wink:

Even my mum know's the speed cameras are set to 160km/h in Abu Dhabi and she doesn't live here :D
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 25, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
gtmash wrote:If you drive from Abu Dhabi to Dubai at 140 kph, in one hour you'll only reach Jebel Ali Free Zone. Not too exciting. :wink:

Even my mum know's the speed cameras are set to 160km/h in Abu Dhabi and she doesn't live here :D

Hmmm, I might have to keep my EU-liscense-plate when taking the Evo to Dubai... :lol: :twisted:
mcbrite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 25, 2007
This thread brings a question to my mind. I'm familiar with Dubai and it's costs. Is the cost of living in AD the same as Dubai?
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat