THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHOUEIFAT???

Topic locked
THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHOUEIFAT??? Mar 01, 2006
Does anyone know anything about this school in Dubai??? I am applying for a job there...where abouts in Dubai is it located? Is it a reputable school?? The contract seems fairly strict, as do their rules...

...Im worried that its going to be like im back in school again myself, being dictated to by the superiours! Im willing to dedicate myself to a job, but not if i'm going to be treated like a kid again...

Just wondering what y'all know...u seem like a knowledgeble bunch!

Thanks,

Vanessa

irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2006
The only person on here i know of with such knowledge is Liban. Try using the search, because this was discussed recently
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2006
where abouts in Dubai is it located?

Close to Jumeirah, Al Barsha, Emirates Living, and Marina.

Is it a reputable school?

Yep.

Im worried that its going to be like im back in school again myself, being dictated to by the superiours! Im willing to dedicate myself to a job, but not if i'm going to be treated like a kid again...

I graduated from AUD and I felt the same. Perhaps it is Lebanese management style.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2006
Thanks Nucleus!

Ive got an interview this month in ireland and i suppose i should take the job if i get it since they provide flights, accomodation and salary of 72,000 dirham...what do you think?? Is that a good offer??? Its only a year long contract, so i can search for jobs in the media/communications/PR area when im over there...(thats what my degree is in and what i am really interested in doing)...

But, as i said before id do pretty much anything to move over there...even if i am working for crazy strict lebanese dictators!

thanks again,

Vanessa
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
72K AED!!!! WHAT!!!!!!

Damn right thats a good salary!!! Take it!!!!!!

Shoot... Thats the salary of some corportate directors I know!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Liban, I think thats PA not PM.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Thats PA!!!!

Uh oh.....that means it must be really bad!!! I get accomodation and flights though...am i being swindeled????

OOOPS,

Innocent irish vanessa!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
No you're not being swindled. Just check what type of accomodation you'll be getting and how far it is away from where the school is - cause that will determine your transport exps.

What about healthcare etc Vanessa?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Its shared accomodation with own room, possibly on the school campus...no mention of healthcare...flight over is on the 15th august (if i get it)...will probably die coming from the cold summers here...but will be worth it once october comes-im really not made for irish weather....jealous of all you guys in dubai-its 0 degrees here today!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
If its on the school campus you'll save going to and from work ;) Should include amenities etc as well then I guess.

Wonder if they'll set a curfew for you though...

On healthcare its worth checking out, just in case, u know what I mean.

Yeah, looking out the window now... a nice (warm) scenery of sun, sand and cranes...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Im as green as your avatar with envy!! Struggling to type my fingers are so blue...

If there's a curfew im breaking it-no chance im being told what time to go to bed at, at the ripe age of 22! Im a bit of an insomniac so early nights are a waste of time for me...is the sea beautiful??? Im already dreaming about my after-work evening swims...

Better get the job now...
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
Here is one website where you can find info about teaching in schools in the UAE. It focuses on ESL teaching mostly, but the forum contains many topics on many different schools.

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewforum.php?f=30

Use the seach function to look up the school name - perhaps there are some threads on it.

I hope it helps! :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 02, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Liban, I think thats PA not PM.

DOH! My bad!!! :oops:

Well look, all is not lost. Like XRW said, check your complete package. If everything is provided to you and you have 6K/mo as spending money then its rather good IMHO.

There is more than what meets the eye :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Thanks kanelli...

That site had some great advice-basically DONT go and teach in that school! Its a bootcamp for teachers!

Ok...so plan B-work for Emirates airlines...anyone got any advice/stories/experiences with the company????

Im sorry for all the annoying questions...hopefully some day ill be offering all the newbies advice..

some beautiful UAE day...

Danke,

Vanessa
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:If there's a curfew im breaking it-no chance im being told what time to go to bed at, at the ripe age of 22! Im a bit of an insomniac so early nights are a waste of time for me...is the sea beautiful??? Im already dreaming about my after-work evening swims...

The ocean is nice to look at but if I don't go play bball I normally have a swim on my rooftop and watch the sun set over the horizon from there... which reminds me, time to go home for a swim!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
PS: Liban...u sure know a lot for a guy ur age...imagine how wise you'll be when u hit 5????

(Cant read your posts without imagining a big fat baby with the deepest wisest voice in the world offering me advice!! It cracks me up!)
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
Rub it in even more XRW!! Have a nice swim (bastard)!!

Glad to hear one can play bball over ther aswell-used to play for Dublin back in my youth...
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Ok...so plan B-work for Emirates airlines...anyone got any advice/stories/experiences with the company????

Most of my friends here are aircrew for Emirates. You don't get paid much when you're doing your training (<2,500/month) but they do give you decent, shared accomodation and pay amenities.

When you graduate and start flying your salary goes up to about 7k per month + your travel allowances.

Not a bad deal if you want to get out and see the world on someone else's dollar.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
One more question for you XRW...the fountain of knowledge! How long is training for with emirates???

Thanks for all your help...have a nice evening,

Vanessa
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
7 weeks.

No problems. U too.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:PS: Liban...u sure know a lot for a guy ur age...imagine how wise you'll be when u hit 5????

(Cant read your posts without imagining a big fat baby with the deepest wisest voice in the world offering me advice!! It cracks me up!)

Whatever.

Go do your little job serving coffee on planes... Last time I help you.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Liban, u're abit touchy today. She was joking about ur avatar, not your contribution.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
I have higher aspirations than serving coffee on planes, Liban...i am just struggling to secure a job in my degree area when i am unavailable for interviews in the city...

It is just a stepping stone for me and i was only slagging you - chillax man!!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Liban, u're abit touchy today. She was joking about ur avatar, not your contribution.

:oops: :oops:

Been under quite a bit of stress lately.

I'll tell you more when I see you!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:I have higher aspirations than serving coffee on planes, Liban...i am just struggling to secure a job in my degree area when i am unavailable for interviews in the city...

It is just a stepping stone for me and i was only slagging you - chillax man!!

Sorry Vanessa. I didn't get your joke.

Hope we are cool now! I wish you the best of luck in your career search and may God open up the right path for you.

God Bless!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Liban wrote: :oops: :oops:

Been under quite a bit of stress lately.

I'll tell you more when I see you!

No worries mate, I'll catch ya tomorrow. Now... time for that swim.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
No worries Liban! thanks for your good wishes...the downfalls of text communication, eh??

Googling a female version of your avator...i love it!

PS: have u seen the Briney Spears 'Toxic' video????? Thats gonna be me, living the high life....(if i don't get a job in Dubai Media City, that is!)
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:No worries Liban! thanks for your good wishes...the downfalls of text communication, eh??

Googling a female version of your avator...i love it!

PS: have u seen the Briney Spears 'Toxic' video????? Thats gonna be me, living the high life....(if i don't get a job in Dubai Media City, that is!)

Yeah, its so impersonal and cold... :?

That would be so humorous if you to find a female version.... Hi crackhead lovebird babies :lol:

Peace!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
http://www.compfused.com/thumbs/gerald_ ... gsmall.jpg

Found your match Liban! Check her out!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2006
Well, hard to say if you are being screwed. I'll pm you a list of schools and on their websites you can look up vacancies and see what is on offer. I know spouses get paid between AED 6 000 to AED14 000 per annum teaching primary school (and nursery assistants get AED3000 up unqualified!! :shock: and teacher assitants get AED4,000, also many not qualified). When I say spouses this means no interest free loan for car, no flights , no health and no accomodation because they are already under their other half's package.
Cheers! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat