The ICE Idea (In Case Of Emergency).

Topic locked
The ICE idea (In Case of Emergency). Aug 31, 2006
A recent article from the Toronto Star, "the ICE idea", is catching on and
it is a very simple, yet important method of contact for you or a loved one
in case of an emergency. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the
Population, all you need to do is program the number of a contact person orpersons and store the name as "ICE".

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which numbers to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name to file "next of kin"
under.

Following a disaster in London the East Anglican Ambulance Service has
launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign. The idea is that you store the word "ICE” in your mobile phone address book and with it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency ". In an emergency situation, Emergency Services personnel and hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialling the number programmed under "ICE".

Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2, and ICE3 etc.

A great idea that will make a difference!

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
Hahaha... ICE for my company refers to "Improve Customer Experience"
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
Good Idea - I have Iced my mobile :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2006
Great topic. Heard of this in US and iced phones there. Tried to encourage our children to do the same (don't know if they listened or not) but had wondered many times if anyone here would know to even look in mobile phone.....As I have never met a Dubai Police person (nor do I want to), and would love to know if they know about it or paramedic's as well.

I carry my husband's business card in my billfold in case of emergency, hoping that someone would be smart enough to try to see who I belong to around here!!! Picture myself sprawled all over SZR in heat!!!!! Of course the injuries would not be good, but figured that life could be lost due to heat here on the road side........................semi road kill!!!!

Great info and will ICE my phone now and tell all of my friends too.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
wouldn't it be simpler and more understandable if we stored the number against the name "EMERGENCY" :?:
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 31, 2006
zaidinamdar wrote:wouldn't it be simpler and more understandable if we stored the number against the name "EMERGENCY" :?:

It doesn't really matter, if their was a world wide campagn for ICE (In Case of Emergency) then it would be effective.

The same could be said for Emergency
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2006
No one is accessing my mobile because i have it password protected :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
zaidinamdar wrote:wouldn't it be simpler and more understandable if we stored the number against the name "EMERGENCY" :?:

Only problem with that idea is that I have a number saved on my phone called that, and its the number that I call in emergencies - not the number I want calling on my behalf!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 31, 2006
[/quote="the_zooter]Only problem with that idea is that I have a number saved on my phone called that, and its the number that I call in emergencies - not the number I want calling on my behalf![/quote]

Is this because you saved Father Christmas's mobile number in your phone Zoots. ??

ps : there is lots of ICE at the North Pole

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 31, 2006
dubai girl wrote: Picture myself sprawled all over SZR in heat!!!!!

Can have a double meaning specially to a lab :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat