Thank You Etisalat... NOT

Topic locked
Thank you Etisalat... NOT Apr 18, 2007
They blocked Facebook.com now... What the f**s wrong with them?

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Thank you Etisalat... NOT Apr 18, 2007
liverpool4ever wrote:They blocked Facebook.com now... What the f**s wrong with them?

They did not. I have just opened a page :roll:
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Thank you Etisalat... NOT Apr 18, 2007
Smart wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:They blocked Facebook.com now... What the fuk's wrong with them?

They did not. I have just opened a page :roll:

Some things are temporarily blocked then unblocked, but who knows.. .in this case.

The blocked Deviantart.com once. That was wrong...
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

:) Apr 18, 2007
cheer up , you'll get used to it 8)
Uae_Me
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: :) Apr 18, 2007
Uae_Me wrote:cheer up , you'll get used to it 8)

Well I've been here 5 years and I still haven't got used to the sporadic site blocking sprees they take up every now and then. Most of their choices and general reasoning seems pretty nonsensical to me, which is why it does become rather monotonous and irritating to have to bear with.

But hey... this is Etisalat we're talking about ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

KageofSoul wrote:

Well I've been here 5 years and I still haven't got used to the sporadic site blocking sprees they take up every now and then. Most of their choices and general reasoning seems pretty nonsensical to me, which is why it does become rather monotonous and irritating to have to bear with.

Come on now. We still enjoy the fastest internet service in the world*

* Terms and Conditions apply. Above statement correct when comparing etisalat broadband service to dial-up service in rural Kazakhstan
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

gtmash wrote:
KageofSoul wrote:

* Terms and Conditions apply. Above statement correct when comparing etisalat broadband service to dial-up service in rural Kazakhstan

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

gtmash wrote:
KageofSoul wrote:

Etisalat aint that bad after all then :D
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
and yet urban dictionary remains unblocked as always.

Go figure.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

gtmash wrote:
KageofSoul wrote:

Meh... I wish I was in Japan. 12 meg is standard. But yeah, at least we're better off than rural Kazakhstan... -_-
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
yeah but what's so great about fast speeds if you can't access what you want?
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 18, 2007
giggsy wrote:yeah but what's so great about fast speeds if you can't access what you want?

Yeah... you got a point there. Even though we were being sarcastic...

A lot of popular upload/download sites are impossible to retrieve files from due to the ip mask we share from the proxy. Megaupload, Rapidshare, Sendspace and the like. It's a real shame, but hey... we can do without I guess.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
My internet usage is mostly unaffected from their blocking sprees, but I must say the YouTube one did strike a nerve.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Etisalat Apr 19, 2007
Why do they block random sites? Well......just imaging what kind of people are sitting on the computers at Etisalat doing that. That imagination should say everything.

adios
dxbexpat
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Etisalat Apr 19, 2007
dxbexpat wrote:Why do they block random sites? Well......just imaging what kind of people are sitting on the computers at Etisalat doing that. That imagination should say everything.

adios

It's not exactly random, but then it's not particularly selective either. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it isn't how they get their kicks at least.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2007
Is there an alternative to Etisalat? What other ISP are there or is Etisalat theonly one?
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 20, 2007
dubailover wrote:Is there an alternative to Etisalat? What other ISP are there or is Etisalat theonly one?

There is Du, which is worse. The two companies divide up areas among themselves, like gangs do.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2007
gtmash wrote:
dubailover wrote:Is there an alternative to Etisalat? What other ISP are there or is Etisalat theonly one?

There is Du, which is worse. The two companies divide up areas among themselves, like gangs do.

You mean like the Mafia?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 20, 2007
GGGRRRR....DAMN YOU ETISALAT! :evil: :evil: ..today it decided to block friendster...

im gonna shoot someone!! :evil:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Apr 20, 2007
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:GGGRRRR....DAMN YOU ETISALAT! :evil: :evil: ..today it decided to block friendster...

im gonna shoot someone!! :evil:

Good morning Ang., how are you today? :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 20, 2007
hehe..very funny sage. :lol:

well it was fine until etisalat ruined it !
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Apr 20, 2007
gtmash wrote:

Hmmm, like a Cartel you mean?
Thats no good, I was in Dubai earlier this year when Du were doing their massive launch but havent really got any positive feedback from anyone.....so whats the solution?
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat