Teenage Dubai Hangouts?

Topic locked
Teenage Dubai Hangouts? Oct 06, 2006
Hi all,

I currently live in Scotland but will be emigrating to Dubai in the next 3-4 months when I've passed my driving test.

Can anyone tell me where any of the teenage hangouts are in and around Dubai? I'm interested in meeting with people of a similar age to myself (16-19, I'm 17).

Cheers for any help!

Ross :D

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
lol..i mostly hangout in Mall Of the Emirates. u see all shapes n sizes there.

there's a cinema.. there's all the junk food you can imagine.. and there's ski dubai .. :D..
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 06, 2006
Lol I got the Mall of the Emirates, judging by how it was every Friday....well, come to think of it, every day! Cheers

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
ha ha ha keep away from dubai teenage because some of them like me dont no only figting only so they may beat you
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:lol..i mostly hangout in Mall Of the Emirates. u see all shapes n sizes there.

there's a cinema.. there's all the junk food you can imagine.. and there's ski dubai .. :D..

oh nooooo typical teenage.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
n ur point?? :P

hehe..i dont go there alot..i go like 3 or 4 times in a month
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:ha ha ha keep away from dubai teenage because some of them like me dont no only figting only so they may beat you
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
Well it depends on what you like doing, you have all the shisha places around, the parks where people play football endlessly sometimes, the malls, cinemas, etc. :)

Check www.timeoutdubai.com if you haven't done so already ;)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Well it depends on what you like doing, you have all the shisha places around, the parks where people play football endlessly sometimes, the malls, cinemas, etc. :)

Well, for example, where do the expat kids hang out?

Thanks for the website as well, I bought "Time Out - Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the UAE" a few days ago and it's been the best buy I've had for a long time!

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
rossbaku wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:Well it depends on what you like doing, you have all the shisha places around, the parks where people play football endlessly sometimes, the malls, cinemas, etc. :)

Well, for example, where do the expat kids hang out?

Thanks for the website as well, I bought "Time Out - Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the UAE" a few days ago and it's been the best buy I've had for a long time!

Spinney's shops, anywhere where the 'sk8er bois' can actually skate, coffe shops like any star bucks or central perk in umm suqeim, etc.
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
Cheers, got a good idea of where to start hitting when I arrive...!

Geez, making new friends! I haven't moved from where I stay in 17 years so this is gonna be weird! It's not that I don't have social skills... :lol:

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
rossbaku wrote:Cheers, got a good idea of where to start hitting when I arrive...!

Geez, making new friends! I haven't moved from where I stay in 17 years so this is gonna be weird! It's not that I don't have social skills... :lol:

School? lol

I've been here all my life and I got to know most of my 'friends' from school and university... Social life is rather limited here compared to other parts of the world.
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
School? lol

I've been here all my life and I got to know most of my 'friends' from school and university... Social life is rather limited here compared to other parts of the world

I won't be going to school in Dubai, which brings me to a question....can I gain employment in Dubai, even though I'm 17? My dad would be my sponsor, so getting a residence visa won't be all that hard, I think...

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
rossbaku wrote:
School? lol

I've been here all my life and I got to know most of my 'friends' from school and university... Social life is rather limited here compared to other parts of the world

I won't be going to school in Dubai, which brings me to a question....can I gain employment in Dubai, even though I'm 17? My dad would be my sponsor, so getting a residence visa won't be all that hard, I think...

Well by law you can't unless you are 18+, but it seems that is mainly due to issuing the residence visa, since your father will be sponsoring you then it comes down how good you are and your experience yada yada yada :)

Good luck!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
well..i love !! .I MEAN LOVE!! ..playing billiards ! ..even though i suck at it. :?

im actully learning !! ...my frends are teaching me ..i go to thunderbowl ...but i think they r going to close it down :cry: thats one of the places ull see teens to hang out with ..
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
i juz hang out wit my home boyz in a net cafe call fast track n play counterstrie all day
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
i hate counterstrike...there was a time when my guy frends were addicted to that boooorin game! ...

maybe its a guy thing ?? :shock: :?
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

pool Oct 11, 2006
hey no body suggest swimming.. dubai is the best place for swimming even going to the beach or at the pool :) looooool the weather here is perfect for swim the hole year..
moe_inter
Dubai Forum User

Oct 12, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:ha ha ha keep away from dubai teenage because some of them like me dont no only figting only so they may beat you

you make me laugh...

out of pity for you
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat