Teacher Sacked Following Child Complaint

Topic locked
Feb 19, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
bonk wrote:Kids today are soft. My teacher used to use a staple gun.

honestly. this is nothing.

Muffing :shock: ? Ou bry balking bib oar gung gabled goo guh boof of oar mouf.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 20, 2009
I say parents are the problem. What do you expect from a underpaid, overworked teacher, surely with a lot of problems in these days. She told the brat many times to shut up. But the lack of upbringing was obvious. I guess the teacher was finally pushed over the line.

I've seen the picture of the boy and his mother. A picture REALLY can say a thousend words.
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 20, 2009
Well, just knowing how kids can be...the duc tape was a bit off, but effective.

Anyway, my father told me a story about his primary school in the 60's.
There was this female teacher, you know the real cun.t type of teacher. If you didn't pay attention or was talking during classes she came up to your table very quietly and slapped a stick/ruler type pointer right on your fingers.
Sometimes simply flat on the table to scare the hell out of you, but they managed to hit your fingers if you didn't watch out when making fun with your mates.

Those were really strict days. And I haven't even talked about Dutch dentists that came on visit during school classes in the old days....true horror according to my dad.

Compared to current regulations...now they are all spoiled brats and treated like softies.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 21, 2009
No one has the right to take it upon themself to punish a child in that manner. Teachers are there to teach, not to humiliate students or take drastic measures, and that both humiliating and drastic. She should have removed the child from the classroom (sent the child to sit in the principal's office), but never, ever go as far as she did. She should have also requested a parent teacher meeting to discuss the boys behavior. Obviously it had more of an effect that keeping the boy quite in class as he didn't even mention it to his parents - fear??

In the US, she would have been out of a job in a heartbeat. I guess it speaks as to how she treats her own children, assuming she has children, or at the very least how she would treat any children she would have in the future. On the other hand, I am sure if that was done to a child of her's (again, assuming she has one) she would probably go ballistic.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Feb 22, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:No one has the right to take it upon themself to punish a child in that manner. Teachers are there to teach, not to humiliate students or take drastic measures, and that both humiliating and drastic. She should have removed the child from the classroom (sent the child to sit in the principal's office), but never, ever go as far as she did. She should have also requested a parent teacher meeting to discuss the boys behavior. Obviously it had more of an effect that keeping the boy quite in class as he didn't even mention it to his parents - fear??

In the US, she would have been out of a job in a heartbeat. I guess it speaks as to how she treats her own children, assuming she has children, or at the very least how she would treat any children she would have in the future. On the other hand, I am sure if that was done to a child of her's (again, assuming she has one) she would probably go ballistic.

http://dailyweirdnews.com/?p=1141
this is in the US :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 23, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:No one has the right to take it upon themself to punish a child in that manner. Teachers are there to teach, not to humiliate students or take drastic measures, and that both humiliating and drastic. She should have removed the child from the classroom (sent the child to sit in the principal's office), but never, ever go as far as she did. She should have also requested a parent teacher meeting to discuss the boys behavior. Obviously it had more of an effect that keeping the boy quite in class as he didn't even mention it to his parents - fear??

http://dailyweirdnews.com/?p=1141
this is in the US :lol:

I'm sure the kids think they had a good reason. But then again, it was in Georgia. I guess it's a redneck thang.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat