SUV On Rent For Desert Trip.

Topic locked
SUV on Rent for desert trip. Oct 26, 2009
I want to join a group of families going for a one day desert trip. It's a family event and the off-roading involved will be quite basic.

Is there any rent a car firm which serve such customers?

will the insurance cover such off road use of the vehicle?

Could, any of the off road enthusiasts here in the forum, please advise me on this?

gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2009
Now interstingly a friend of mine tried to do this recently, and bizarrely enough, the companies he contacted to hire an off-road vehicle from, would not insure them for use 'off-road'! Appreantly they're for school runs and general use!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Now interstingly a friend of mine tried to do this recently, and bizarrely enough, the companies he contacted to hire an off-road vehicle from, would not insure them for use 'off-road'! Appreantly they're for school runs and general use!

That's funny and sad :lol: :(

Thanks for the reply.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2009
Try Budget rent a car. They have a huge fleet of land cruisers out fitted with Roll cages and Steel Bumpers which they lease out Safari Companies They will also lease out to private individuals aswell.

Just make sure you pay the extra for CDW. They will how ever charge you a Dhs 1000 extra if you totally manage to burn out the clutch.

P.S : They are all manual transmission
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Try Budget rent a car. They have a huge fleet of land cruisers out fitted with Roll cages and Steel Bumpers which they lease out Safari Companies They will also lease out to private individuals aswell.

Just make sure you pay the extra for CDW. They will how ever charge you a Dhs 1000 extra if you totally manage to burn out the clutch.

P.S : They are all manual transmission

gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2009
I approached some firms including Budget and as mentioned by choc they were all willing to let me have an "off roader" but no insurance.

I decided to borrow my friend's Pathfinder. Pathfinder doesn't have low range gearing. :cry:
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2009
Thats strange, budget has a huge fleet of land cruisers they rent out to safari companies ! And I know many who've rented out those.

Maybe some new policy.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat