Supersonic Flights To Dubai...

Topic locked

Is flying supersonic in luxury my favourite choice?

Poll ended at Jun 30, 2007

Yes, definitely!
33%
Maybe.
8%
No, I would prefer a cheaper flight.
58%
I don't know...
No votes

Total votes : 12

Supersonic flights to Dubai... May 21, 2007
Hello,

I am currently working on a business model for a new supersonic luxury air service from various international destinations to Dubai. Could you imagine to book a supersonic flight for the ticket price of a business or first class ticket from Europe, Shanghai, Moscow and others? Do you think it's worth it for 3 instead of 6 hours Mach 2 flight in luxury?

Thank you for your opinion.

Samoht
Dubai Forum Guest

May 21, 2007
ummm...which supersonic passenger aircraft is your business model based on? Seeing as there are no civilian supersonic aircraft in production.
Leftcoast
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 21, 2007
Not since Concorde went out of service.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 21, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Not since Concorde went out of service.

he left the forum :?: :shock:
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

May 21, 2007
:roll: Don't try to be funny - it doesn't suit you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 21, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Not since Concorde went out of service.

I think she heard it from Sage & Onion . Well I bet sage wouldnt like to travel on Concord :lol:

why was Concord flop ? Because he was used "Beer" instead of fuel during flight ?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 21, 2007
u sure it wasnt piss. cos beer and piss look the same :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Supersonic Luxury Air Service May 22, 2007
Hello,

yes you were guessing right. My business model would be based on Concorde services in the first years. With the profits I would develop a new 3rd millenium supersonic aircraft for a lucrative small niche market.
Samoht
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Supersonic Luxury Air Service May 22, 2007
Samoht wrote:Hello,

yes you were guessing right. My business model would be based on Concorde services in the first years. With the profits I would develop a new 3rd millenium supersonic aircraft for a lucrative small niche market.

Dear ,

Ur business model will be based on "Concord" :lol: . will u be bringing dogs from Germany to Dubai in concord ? :lol:

PS" Concord was failed , isnt " ?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

All those people who write here are worker . I dont think they can afford the servies of "Concord" . Even when "Ian" travel to Australia , he calls airline and inquiry

" what would be the price if i travel while standing in air australia" :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
Well to be honest, who the hell needs a Concorde anymore when in a few years time you'll be able to travel to your destination via space, courtesy of Virgin Galactic.

Supersonic travel is SO yesterday.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 22, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Well to be honest, who the hell needs a Concorde anymore when in a few years time you'll be able to travel to your destination via space, courtesy of Virgin Galactic.

Supersonic travel is SO yesterday.

who the hell needs concord ? :lol: well his wife does and then so many dogs who are looking forward to eating Ice Cream in summer :lol: .

who is virgin Galactic ? how come virgin? :oops:

PS" are u jealous that i am getting married to ur friend FREZA" :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

You're a funny chap.
Just answer me two questions... where would you be able to buy or lease a concorde and who would do the maintenance, since the only certified maintenance company (which is Airbus by the way) stopped all maintenance services and the production of spare parts.

I think you should see a psychiatrist!

EDIT:

Noel Forgeard, former Airbus chief executive was quoted in the Financial Times :
"The costs of operating Concorde, and in particular maintenance and support, have become such that operations are unrealistic for any operator.".
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 24, 2007
well mostly i travel on PIA (Pain in ASSS or Pakistani International airline) . It sucks big time.
1= Old women or uncle servering .
2= Kids r crying , old aunties try to lay in seats as soon as u go at toilet.

3= ppl rush to the gates before the Jet stops :lol:

4= if something happen wrong during flight , all ppl start parying loudly as God care and He has only thing to do in world :=)

5= women sitting next to me request that i shuld walk around as long as she feeds her kid :oops:

SO Yes I would love to fly from Copenhagen to Islamabad via Concord :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Supersonic Luxury Air Service May 25, 2007

Is it not a fact that Concord has been grounded for all commercial flights, if so how can you base your so-called "Business Model" on that?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Supersonic Luxury Air Service May 25, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Is it not a fact that Concord has been grounded for all commercial flights, if so how can you base your so-called "Business Model" on that?

s&o,

Concorde has not really been grounded, but the two operators Air France and British Airways decided to take them out of service because of the enormous expenses to operate these aircraft. BA & AF did not want any airline or private operator to continue flying their Concordes, so they gave them to museums (including a contract that no museum is allowed to sell a Concorde for the purpose to get it airborne again).
And as I wrote in a previous post.. there is NO company any more, which does maintenance for the CONC and also production of spare parts has been stopped.

If you ask me, I even doubt that the Sheik himself would be able to obtain and operate a Concorde, so this guy ("Samoht") is really a moron.

BS
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2007
Plus Concorde is a very old plane now, first flew in the late 60's.

The aircraft was also only allowed to fly certain routes and only go supersonic over water because of the noise issues - the supersonic 'bang', can be deafening.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Plus Concorde is a very old plane now, first flew in the late 60's.

The aircraft was also only allowed to fly certain routes and only go supersonic over water because of the noise issues - the supersonic 'bang', can be deafening.

Concord is old plane now :lol:

Concord , where the hell u r hiding now a days , come out from ur office .
Tell the choco , that u can still fly ........
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 27, 2007
HP wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Plus Concorde is a very old plane now, first flew in the late 60's.

Concord is old plane now :lol:

Concord , where the hell u r hiding now a days , come out from ur office .
Tell the choco , that u can still fly ........

LOL go Son go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat