Summer Plans

Topic locked
Summer plans Jul 07, 2009
Is anyone travelling this summer??Where?

or how u gona spend this summer??

I wana have 10 days off 2 travel but not staying home but wen is that i dont know!!!no felxibility in my vacation

silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 07, 2009
A month off in Thailand, relaxing at the beach house with an ice-cold Singha beer and my missus at my side :)
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Summer plans Jul 08, 2009
silent wrote:Is anyone travelling this summer??Where?

I wana have 10 days off 2 travel but not staying home but wen is that i dont know!!!no felxibility in my vacation

Can you please tell some places in Dubai to visit in summer? But I'm afraid it's too hot to go out in Dubai in summer.
javedcn
Dubai Forum Visitor

Can you please tell some places in Dubai to visit in summer? But I'm afraid it's too hot to go out in Dubai in summer.[/quote]::

actually i live n abudhabi,,, but i can tel some places that i have visited such as" Mina Al Salam" or Al Salam Palace its really very nice place and relaxing,, i dont know f u visited it,there is an area where i visited once it has a golf play its near Qd's.. it was beautiful..Atlantis,,The Walk,, and these r only the places n my mind 4 now,,
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2009
Hulahula wrote:A month off in Thailand, relaxing at the beach house with an ice-cold Singha beer and my missus at my side :)

thats sounds relaxing,, m freind goes 2 thailand and she says its beautiful but never showed me pics so can u brng up some photos wen u come back??
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2009
^PM me and i'll send you a few
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 08, 2009
Hulahula wrote:^PM me and i'll send you a few

You ever do that thing where you sit on the floor with a tiger on your lap? I probably will go later this year and friends have done that, so I fancy it. They reckon that the tigers are definitely not drugged, just well fed before the session.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

javedcn wrote:
silent wrote:Is anyone travelling this summer??Where?

Can you please tell some places in Dubai to visit in summer? But I'm afraid it's too hot to go out in Dubai in summer.

Most people will stay inside watching their DVD collection in summer. I'm one of the crazies that will sit by the pool in August (under shade) but it's not too comfortable for most. Also the humidity in the evenings can be a killer. You can have your fill of wandering around hotels and malls very quickly, and be ready to die for the cooler months coming when the bars and coffee shops will put tables outside again. Meantime check online for the various royal palace public opening times, the museums, and the art galleries (such as they are).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 08, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

You ever do that thing where you sit on the floor with a tiger on your lap? I probably will go later this year and friends have done that, so I fancy it. They reckon that the tigers are definitely not drugged, just well fed before the session.....

Yeah it's a touristy thing they have at a few of the parks and zoos. The big tigers are somewhat tame and usually have their teeth filed down a bit, and the tiger kittens you feed with a big bottle of formula so they're always happy.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 08, 2009
Hulahula wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Yeah it's a touristy thing they have at a few of the parks and zoos. The big tigers are somewhat tame and usually have their teeth filed down a bit, and the tiger kittens you feed with a big bottle of formula so they're always happy.

Thanks. I don't mind acting like a tourist for a day!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 08, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

where r u going? were is this place?
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2009
Sriracha Tiger Zoo in Ban Chiang
Pattaya Crocodile and Million Years Stone Park in Pattaya
The Tiger Temple north of Ayutthaya near Kanchanaburi

These places all have the Tiger encounters as well as Bears and Monkeys
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 08, 2009
thats sounds interesting...mm ok get me pics of tigers too :)
I like tigers, dogs.

so its like i will stay n UAE but i will have a visualize vacation on thailand.

does anyone has a dog?/
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2009
TimeOut Dubai:

25 cool ideas to beat the heat

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/aroundtown/ ... cold-spots
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
Speedhump wrote:TimeOut Dubai:

25 cool ideas to beat the heat

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/aroundtown/ ... cold-spots

Hah what a wallet draining list.

I just wanna get out of here for at least 2 months. My last holiday was Christmas, and that seems so long ago.

Would love to go somewhere nice to indulge in outdoor activities like Kayaking and sailing. Swimming in fresh water lakes.....
coupled with a rock festival, like Glastonbury or CornerStone.
Coming up there's the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan and Notodden Blues Festival ~ Norway.

Shesh what am I doing over here?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
LOL. Yep most of that article is either jokey or for the rich :(

Reading Festival coming up in the UK later this year. Get on a plane, spend two or three weeks in the Lake District, then jump on a train and hit the fest. Your tent would get a real good outing for a month (if you have one).

:geek:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
Speedhump wrote:LOL. Yep most of that article is either jokey or for the rich :(

Reading Festival coming up in the UK later this year. Get on a plane, spend two or three weeks in the Lake District, then jump on a train and hit the fest. Your tent would get a real good outing for a month (if you have one).

Offcourse I have a tent, UAE has not changed me that much.
Where a camping trip is incomplete unless there's a Merc wagon complete with aircon and king size bed! :P And don't forget the maid :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Speedhump wrote:LOL. Yep most of that article is either jokey or for the rich :(

Offcourse I have a tent, UAE has not changed me that much.
Where a camping trip is incomplete unless there's a Merc wagon complete with aircon and king size bed! :P And don't forget the maid :lol:

:D :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
Staying here in Dubai soaking up that sunshine.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Staying here in Dubai soaking up that sunshine.

Oh lucky you!! :shock:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
hi to all:

yesterday i was in my way 2 sharjah and i was so amuzed by a nice resort that first time i c such decorations it had egyption decorations and pyramids from outside it was really nice its called" Raffles Dubai",,,
did anyone visited it???
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 11, 2009
Yes sure, very nice suite-only hotel, with very expensive Chinese restaurant in the very top, also night club and champagne bar up there too.

They've built it next to the Wafi Mall and Pyramids leisure club, which were already built on an Egyptian style here a few years ago.

The original Raffles Hotel is in Singapore. It doesn't look like a pyramid. I prefer it :D

http://www.raffles.com/EN_RA/Property/RHS/History/
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
is it that i can go 2 spend a day there like on the pool and resturants?? or should i reserve a room?? f should i reserve then is it as they said it should b 2 weeks b4 ??
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 11, 2009
If that's what they told you. Their current weekend rate of Dhs.800 per night isn't a bad deal for a small suite with balcony.

I'm surprised you would be thinking of it on a student's money.....rich parents? :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
not thaaaaat rich,,, but f i like somethng and it really sticks n my mind i do it.

but who knows wen :?
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 11, 2009
silent wrote:not thaaaaat rich,,, but f i like somethng and it really sticks n my mind i do it.

but who knows wen :?

Is their a reason why you can't type properly?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 11, 2009
^*there* :blackeye:
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 11, 2009
:D touché mon brave!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2009
feels like hell out here these days, i usually download movies and get drunk. by august ill be goin back to my home country where its nice and rainy :D

on the weekends im usually at the park doing group muay thai, at the 50 deg. weather and 80% humidity. ya im pretty crazy. i just love the sport too much :oops:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 11, 2009
Hulahula wrote:^*there* :blackeye:

Thanku :)
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat