A Stupid Story

Topic locked
A stupid story Nov 12, 2009
Back in my trucking days I had a good friend who was a lead mechanic at the local Kenworth shop. He would tune up my engine so I could out pull guys with bigger engines.

One day this dude comes in with a 600 cummins complaining that I had out pulled him with my 444 cummins. "It's not smoking" he said. "Not getting enough fuel".

I was standing beside Terry (the mechanic) when he said this. We looked at each other and smiled. The guy left so we did a quick check of his fuel pump pressure.

"Well its at a stock setting" said Terry and I don't want to turn it up as the guy is a driver and does not own it. "What shall we do?" I said. "Here you drop one tube of grease down that stack and I'll put one down the other"

So we did. A week later the guy came back and Terry asked him how it was now. "Oh it's pulling better now and smoking really good" We never did have the heart to tell the guy.

We had some pretty good chuckles over that one with a few beers later.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 12, 2009
yeah - apt title - Stupid story !
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 12, 2009
Well its kinda stupid, but also does show how some are stuck in their own assumptions. As the dude truly believed if his rig wasn't smoking enough it wasn't running proper.

I having run my own workshop can tell you many such stupid stories aswelll

Palcebo anyone.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 19, 2009
yeah really.. nice story but a stupid one.. better not to finish reading it..
rodneybolton
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 20, 2009
I agree. About as stupid or boring as "how to catch flies". This forum really needs some "spunking up" lol
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2009
cool story bro.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat