Strange Culture...

Topic locked
Strange Culture... Feb 23, 2005
I am a jobseeker in abord.
I really want to go Dubai. So I alpplied a few company...
The position was showroom manager in boat company.
description was simple;

===========================================
Description: Unique opening for customer oriented individual in our Showroom in Dubai to Deal with customers, answer phones, emails and faxes. Some accounting and management for the Showroom inventory. Manage the display of products inside the Showroom. Selling all range of products through the showroom.

Preferably with on the water/water sports experience with outstanding communication skills. Computer skills with Excel and Internet are necessary. Person needs to be self sufficient and able to manage time efficiently. Exciting position with growth experience and training encouraged.

Requirements: Very much presentable and fit. Excellent communication and "people" skills, along with strong computer skills - particularly Word & Excel. retail experience and knowledge of boating, water sports, sports wear. Fluency in English is a must, Arabic and/or French would be a great advantage. Sales experience of Marine, boats or sports related items in the local UAE market is a MUST.

Point of Contact: To apply, contact us at: hr@idreamboat.com mentioning the Job Reference. This opening is published on Feb. 14th 2005.
===============================================

Read it below ;

Thank you for your email and explanation.
You did not answer me regarding wearing very short skirts and sexy top?
Also entertaining customer could be outside the showroom as well.
What if a customer ask you to go home with him?

Why they don't mention it first if I wear a short skirt and sexy top?
I feel that it's so strange for me.
I wonder that it's just culture or other company is same way like that.

I felt so stressful with that message.

Actually I would like contact Hr manager.
But they didn't show telephone number in the web page.

stephanie
Dubai Forum Guest

.... Feb 23, 2005
:( I written a "sexy"
But it's excange to "fun" :(
stephanie
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 23, 2005
whats a s. e .x top? i'm not up to date on the fashions these days.

You must also post pictures of yourself, if your lucky you might be so ugly that no one will ask you to come home with them! KIDDING!

Were not all a bunch of horny pervs in the desert waiting toambush some wondering woman. seriously, if you were going anywhere esle would you have asked such a question?
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

What!??! Feb 24, 2005
Is no one else shocked that someone would say such a thing to a job seeker? Unbelieveable!!!!
undergraduate
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 24, 2005
its so comprehensive that i didnt read it but i got the point of it and yea it is shocking this person can easy be removed from his position if in fact he was the one who said such things.

in any case he would fall under the harrasment laws and would be punished severly.
FAKESPIKE

Feb 24, 2005
an employer is an employee . Think about that.

An employer is not some magical being. This whole thing could be a fake way for someone to have fun with people lookin for jobs. :twisted:
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Feb 25, 2005
that is probably the case.
FAKESPIKE

Feb 26, 2005
this is BS ... i dont buy it
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 26, 2005
PIE!!!!!

(TV no work)
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2005
B - S !!!!! thats how i see it too...

cause the accusation is so leading to the out of dubai mentality that people in a an arab country would be horny and deprived ,... well the p
person who would fabricate such surely would never had been to dubai...

im sorry gurl i think its BS

but then again if you really where a victim of such malicious mail,.. then i reallly do feel sorry for you...

but would really believe that there's aculture that would allow such???? i mean think ... ryt? .. NONE... so its not really strange CULTURE ...
but its just a FCKED up MAIL thats all ... UAE CULTURE GOT NOTHING TO DO WTIH IT
UAQ 846 AM PINOY FM sa AM
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat