Springs Villa - Administration Fees HELP!

Topic locked
Springs Villa - Administration fees HELP! May 28, 2011
hello guys and gals!

Need your help on this one. I own a villa in the springs which has been rented out to the same person for the last 2 years. As far as I can remember there were no administration fees being charged until recently. A company is charging 3000dhs as administration fees. Just wanted to check if all the other real estate companys were doing the same for the springs villas??

Please advice

MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Springs Villa - Administration Fees HELP! May 28, 2011
I would get in touch with Emaar to find out if the company is legit. What do the "administration" fees involve? What are they actually doing that they are charging you for?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Springs Villa - Administration fees HELP! May 28, 2011
i had a talk with the real estate agent and as per them its their administration fees i.e collecting the rent, paperwork etc etc. This is not the annual maintenance contract but their own admin work fee. So just wanted to check if someone else has experienced the same thing or should I change my real estate agent and get a new one??
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

If they are representing you and handling everything on your behalf I would think they would be entitled to charge you for taking care of your property. If you reside in the UAE, why don't you take care of it yourself? Why do you need a real estate agent to begin with?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'm assuming as every other REA here they probably charge your tenant an annual 2% to 3% "Agency fee" which is nothing but a fancy term coined here for commission.

Also as every REA here they are trying to milk both the client and the tenant.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Springs Villa - Administration fees HELP! May 28, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:If they are representing you and handling everything on your behalf I would think they would be entitled to charge you for taking care of your property. If you reside in the UAE, why don't you take care of it yourself? Why do you need a real estate agent to begin with?

I do live in the UAE but i wouldnt know where to begin!!! Also what about the contract doesnt it have to be from a third party? If I make a contract between myself and the person renting the villa dont i have to go to the court and carry out all the legal process?? If it is very simple i.e just signing papers collecting the fees I would do it myself!!! But I am not sure if it is
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Springs Villa - Administration Fees HELP! May 29, 2011
Read through:

http://www.rpdubai.ae/rpdubai/rentals/home.do?lang=0

Alternatively, go to RERA.

Maybe paying the fee is worth your time rather than doing it yourself.

They aren't looking for a tenant for you as you already have one in place. So it would be contract signing, registering with RERA and handling over the check(s) to you. I don't know what else would be involved. I would also check with the tenants and find out if they are being charged as well. Maybe they agency is collecting from both sides?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Springs Villa - Administration fees HELP! May 29, 2011
REA can't represent both...I would not pay it...That is what they get an "agent's" fee for. Just a con if you as me!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ah but you can bet your bottom dollar, they're also charging the tenant the agency fee as well. This isn't on - they're supposed to do it once, for the initial contract, but why charge again once everything is in place. If it's a contract renewal, then they're probably entitled to it, but not every year.

And yes you can deal with the tenant direct and cut out the agent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Springs Villa - Administration Fees HELP! May 29, 2011
I deal directly with my Land lord, don't pay any BS fees of anysort.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

thank you guys, the problem has been sorted out. the real estate guys made a mistake!
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

MotionComputing wrote:thank you guys, the problem has been sorted out. the real estate guys made a mistake!

No mistake. They just got caught!!! I would still ask the tenants if they are being asked to pay "admin" fees.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

More than likely.

I was reading elsewhere today about security in the Springs charging people to come in and do work? And asking for payment for permits like gardeners, cleaning agencies etc - cheeky so and so's.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Springs Villa - Administration Fees HELP! May 30, 2011
Thank you Chocs! What would we do without you? God knows!
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat