Somewhere For Real People?

Topic locked
Somewhere for real people? Aug 09, 2005
Hey All,

JUst wanted to ask a little question, I've been in Dubai nearly 2 years and is it just me, but in all that time I'm still struggling just to find somewhere to truly chillout, you know where people are acting like themselves and not being pretentious wannabes in the clubs and bars.

THe coffee culture seems to be coming more of a trendy thing which is nice, people just hanging out and chatting, which is definately something I'd like more of.

I just get so fed up of being dragged to places where everyone goes to be seen, it just strikes me as false.

Everytime a new place opens a couple of months later it's THE place to be, don't people get tired of this?

Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 09, 2005
try "JULES" its near millenium hotel at garhoud area
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 09, 2005
kyle wrote:try "JULES" its near millenium hotel at garhoud area

what about this place ? what is it ?
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 09, 2005
nik and I went for the monday night movie at IBO, that was pretty cool. really chilled out and a decent crowd, talked to some nice folk.

I always like barzar, but it's too hot to sit outside now
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2005
castellano wrote:
kyle wrote:try "JULES" its near millenium hotel at garhoud area

what about this place ? what is it ?

ive been there twice and its cool, lots of pinoy hang out there, and some other nationality, they have band playing every night and if you dont want to listen to them, they have this cozy enclosed area with jazz, rnb music.

infront of that place, theres a bar called ACOUSTICS PINOY. with pinoy food and lots of stuffs and thery also have band playing except for monday because its karaoke nite.

enjoy
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 11, 2005
hey hey hey ....

ok guys here's the list of the hottest place to just be yourself and get totally wild......

1) Lodge every tuesday .... ladies night ... totally free drinks for ladies groove with DJ jaysun and the new generations

2) Jimmy Dix ..... Awesome band .... Cool Djs... backed with a soundsystem to shake your brains out !!!!

3) Jules Bar .... Yes !!! cool place i love the band !!!!!

4) El Malecon Dubai marine Hotel ... if your into latin witha touch of hip hop and RNB groovin with Latino magnifico Jock Diego

5) then if you still havent have enough of dancin ... you should check out Scarlet at the emerates towers every monday at the salsa night ...

6) Now this is for guys .... if you like House music backed with totally hot chicks to hang around .. (or go home with) then you oughta go to "Kubu" Bar ath the intercontinental Dubai .....

7) or there is the good old MIX ....

8) Boudour atthe dubai marine hotel jumeirah .... now good music ... awsome place ... but this is a strictly dress to fuckin impress in this fuckin place .... they even do a face check at the gate !!! getting inside is really hard but once your in ... man your partyin .... you should expect a line from the pool to the entrance on weekends ... where it takes an hour to get in

9) Sho Chos...ok ... fine this might be abit of a Pretentious bar .... but man i love my shushi and vodka !!!!! cant help it ....

for more details ... pls pm me for a hot tour around the city's night life ...
FOR FREE!!! but transport, drinks and food should be shouldered by the client ... and note only females may pm me ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2005
only female :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: well i rest my case

i heard that the ZINC is the coolest place in town
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
FOR FREE!!! but transport, drinks and food should be shouldered by the client ... and note only females may pm me ...

aha! don't worry guys.. maybe we can also go check those places and see how the MAJOR enjoys with his girls..
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
keihl
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2005
keihl wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:

aha! don't worry guys.. maybe we can also go check those places and see how the MAJOR enjoys with his girls..
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heheheh ofcourse we will do the tour together right ??? how can i do it without you babe .... :D .... ahhh .... ill cook dinner tonight hows that ? :wink: :lol: :D
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2005
Er Major, these were the sort of places I was trying to avoid!

ok guys here's the list of the hottest place to just be yourself and get totally wild......

1) Lodge every tuesday .... ladies night ... totally free drinks for ladies groove with DJ jaysun and the new generations

So old hat now, full of people who have nothnig better to do than go and get wasted every night.

2) Jimmy Dix ..... Awesome band .... Cool Djs... backed with a soundsystem to shake your brains out !!!!

Band rocks, not too keen on the crowd.

3) Jules Bar .... Yes !!! cool place i love the band !!!!!

Not tried it!!!!

4) El Malecon Dubai marine Hotel ... if your into latin witha touch of hip hop and RNB groovin with Latino magnifico Jock Diego

EEErrrrrrr groan!

5) then if you still havent have enough of dancin ... you should check out Scarlet at the emerates towers every monday at the salsa night ...

Oh lordy no!

6) Now this is for guys .... if you like House music backed with totally hot chicks to hang around .. (or go home with) then you oughta go to "Kubu" Bar ath the intercontinental Dubai .....

Not a bad place - see the guys oggling chicks thing is a big turn off too!

7) or there is the good old MIX ....

Still OK but needs new life.

8) Boudour atthe dubai marine hotel jumeirah .... now good music ... awsome place ... but this is a strictly dress to fuckin impress in this fuckin place .... they even do a face check at the gate !!! getting inside is really hard but once your in ... man your partyin .... you should expect a line from the pool to the entrance on weekends ... where it takes an hour to get in

Pretentious!

9) Sho Chos...ok ... fine this might be abit of a Pretentious bar .... but man i love my shushi and vodka !!!!! cant help it ....

I'll go to Bentoya for my Sushi, Sho Cho's is fine early on in the evening for quite drinks and something to eat, but once the Dubai massive turn up that's when I leave.

I think you missed the point of the question, I'm looknig for something out of the way, where normal people hang out, not the oh I must go here to be seen crowd or where tonnes of guys just lurk around gorping at girls - it;s just sad. :cry:
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2005
girl these are not pretentious ... ok except for boudour .... but lodge??? Jimmy Dix ???no way man ... this clubs are like totally cool ... everybody can be themselves .... Jules Bar ??? everybody gets wild here ... girl ui think your problem is not the place ... get a lil selfesteem .. and mingle and ... judging your commentson each places ... you are just hard to please .... my advice is .... you need some peoepl to go with ... like friends ..hang out with them ... these places can be really boring if you dont know how to blend with crowd ... or if you havent got any drinking bodies ... cause if sit there all alone and you do nothing ... ofcourse youll get bored ... and i think dubai forums really needed that night out !!!! andyba HELP !!! YOU NEED TO ARRANGE A NIGHT OUT !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2005
Hey trust me it's not like I don't know how to party!

I have plenty of friends to go out with and I don't want to just drink - not a big drinker, it's so not the point.

And I don't want to blend in with the crowd.

I just want somewhere where you can actually talk to your mates without yelling all night and having drunk people slamming into you all night.

I'm just in a phase where I can't cope with hectic places, need to chill man!
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2005
i heard they are openning a Buddha Bar in grosvener house in the Dubai Marina .. now if that lives up to the Budha Bar reputation it should be a great place to lounge, chill and kick back.

anyone been there ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat