Someone Shooting Cats In Springs!

Topic locked
Someone shooting cats in Springs! May 15, 2009
Wow, I can't believe that someone or some people have been shooting cats with air rifles in the Springs! This is so sad - http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... he%20prowl

My cats used to get out from time to time (when we weren't walking them on their harnesses) and we lived one Springs over from where this happened. I would have been devastated to find my cats dead! What kind of person does this?

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 15, 2009
A Dutch family losing two precious members.

So sad.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Someone shooting cats in Springs! May 16, 2009
kanelli wrote: What kind of person does this?

One who doesn't like cats, I suppose :evil:
nachovx
Dubai Forums Member

May 16, 2009
Without resorting to worthless stereotypes, would it be a fair suggestion to say that it is virtually impossible to own a gun here unless you're a local?
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2009
Nope, you can pretty much go and buy an air pistol with no issues. 'Proper' guns - no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 17, 2009
FCUKING BASTARDS.
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 17, 2009
dresden wrote:FCUKING BASTARDS.

They will work you tomorrow Dresden.

Big kitties not excluded. :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 17, 2009
High powered air rifles freely available.

I'm going to be shot down here, butI think cat owners are morons. A cat is not a pet, it just comes to you for food and warmth, it would never protect you if you were attacked like your faithful dog would. In fact if your neighbour makes a hard effort to treat a cat better than it's so called 'owner' the cat would just up stakes and move next door, it happens!

Cats sh*t and p*ss all over the neighbourhood (especially the tom-cat pee is vile stinky stuff), and my garden is usually full of feathers and bird bodies where they have killed and mangled some poor bird. They're disgusting. If I thought I could one-shot them each time I'd get a gun and do it myself, but I don't want them bleeding all over my garden.

Get a dog or something else you can keep strictly on your own property.

Now I'll put my tin hat on and wait. :D

(kanelli and the other tiny minority of cat owners who walk their cats on leashes are excluded from this rant)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
now bora and dresden are in danger... LOL
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 17, 2009
:confused5: I generally love animals, all of them, but this cat-keeping thing is madness.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
portland wrote:now bora and dresden are in danger... LOL

We fear no danger!!!! We shall rule!!!!

And do peepee and dodo in SH's yard.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

as you say over on your side of the Pond...EEEUUUUWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
(or are you offering me watersports!!! ??? )
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

hehehe fishbone
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:(or are you offering me watersports!!! ??? )

Golden shower?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
you got it....

(and I wannit...)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:you got it....

(and I wannit...)

(Lapping up gatorade as we speak!)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:High powered air rifles freely available.

I'm going to be shot down here, butI think cat owners are morons. A cat is not a pet, it just comes to you for food and warmth, it would never protect you if you were attacked like your faithful dog would. In fact if your neighbour makes a hard effort to treat a cat better than it's so called 'owner' the cat would just up stakes and move next door, it happens!

Cats sh*t and p*ss all over the neighbourhood (especially the tom-cat pee is vile stinky stuff), and my garden is usually full of feathers and bird bodies where they have killed and mangled some poor bird. They're disgusting. If I thought I could one-shot them each time I'd get a gun and do it myself, but I don't want them bleeding all over my garden.

(kanelli and the other tiny minority of cat owners who walk their cats on leashes are excluded from this rant)

Well, you are ignoring the fact that quite a few cats in most neighbourhoods are strays because too many cats are just abandoned and not fixed, so they just make more and more babies. Other people have adopted previous street cats and have a hard time keeping them indoors and not all cats like harnesses. My cats escaped from time to time, the one went missing for 2 weeks! I would hate to think of someone abusing or killing him because they don't like cats. I don't like people who walk dogs around the lakes and don't pick up the poop, or rude people who litter in the back alleys of the Springs, idiots who park all over the place and drive 70 kms per hr in the residential streets, but you don't see me getting an air rifle out - as tempting as that may be. I don't remember smelling much cat pee, but do remember looking for my cats only to find human feces and urine smells behind the electrical sheds because the gardeners etc. have no bathroom facilities so they just duck behind the sheds to do their business. There is lots of nasty stuff in the Springs besides roaming cats!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 17, 2009
hold on hold on...I'm coming (uh, you know what I mean). I'll follow the sounds of legs crossing and re-crossing urgently!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

(and I wannit...)

hold on hold on...I'm coming (uh, you know what I mean). I'll follow the sounds of legs crossing and re-crossing urgently!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

(and I wannit...)

Damn, walked passed running water. Have to start over.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
kanelli wrote:
Speedhump wrote:High powered air rifles freely available.

Well, you are ignoring the fact that quite a few cats in most neighbourhoods are strays because too many cats are just abandoned and not fixed, so they just make more and more babies. Other people have adopted previous street cats and have a hard time keeping them indoors and not all cats like harnesses. My cats escaped from time to time, the one went missing for 2 weeks! I would hate to think of someone abusing or killing him because they don't like cats. I don't like people who walk dogs around the lakes and don't pick up the poop, or rude people who litter in the back alleys of the Springs, idiots who park all over the place and drive 70 kms per hr in the residential streets, but you don't see me getting an air rifle out - as tempting as that may be. I don't remember smelling much cat pee, but do remember looking for my cats only to find human feces and urine smells behind the electrical sheds because the gardeners etc. have no bathroom facilities so they just duck behind the sheds to do their business. There is lots of nasty stuff in the Springs besides roaming cats!

I'm sure you're right on a lot of counts, and it's usually un-neutered male cats that make the worst smells. Having one spray p*ss on your car fabric roof is very unpleasant and expensive to get the stains out.

No-one can say which cats are wild and which are only half-wild (in other words 'pets') but the problem is there. Dogs aren't allowed to roam free so if there's a problem then at least you have someone you can pin it on (or throw it at, if we're talking about the unscooped poop :)).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Golden shower?

(my though process when I saw Bora's reply)

:scratch: What is golden shower?

:roll: Noo! it couldn't be

:colors: (I'm blushing) I know what it is

:pottytrain5: Someone needs to be potty trained
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

(and I wannit...)

That was a quick fill, do you have TB? (tiny bladder...) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Golden shower?

(my though process when I saw Bora's reply)

:scratch: What is golden shower?

:roll: Noo! it couldn't be

:colors: (I'm blushing) I know what it is

:pottytrain5: Someone needs to be potty trained

No potty training needed for that my dear, just good aim!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
and rubber sheets is a nice idea....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

(and I wannit...)

That was a quick fill, do you have TB? (tiny bladder...) :D

I think it was the 5 cups of java that did me in.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
you know melon juice tastes much sweeter at the other end, do I need to teach you everything darling...?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:and rubber sheets is a nice idea....

Back to the rubber are we? SNAP!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I'm going to be shot down here, butI think cat owners are morons. A cat is not a pet, it just comes to you for food and warmth, it would never protect you if you were attacked like your faithful dog would. In fact if your neighbour makes a hard effort to treat a cat better than it's so called 'owner' the cat would just up stakes and move next door, it happens!

Whoa buddy, cat's are very good pets. They just have to be litter trained and voila they take care of themselves.

Dont get me wrong, I love dogs as well, but cats are more like household furnishing when compared to dogs. Regardless, they are both pets and it all depends in what you are looking for in pets. I would love to have a little kitten and a nice big dog in Dubai, but its just not in the cards.

Now retract your original statement, or I'm going to have to overload your brain with catpics. :)

dresden
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat