Skin Bleaching

Topic locked
skin bleaching Apr 27, 2009
was watching the Tyra show with these black women bleaching their skin. one even said she put cloth bleaching on her face to become whiter.

Whether overdone skin whitening or plastic surgery, do you find these things acceptable? or have you done either?

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 27, 2009
I think it's crazy, one of the most lucrative business opportunities in Thailand is to open a bleaching salon, Thai girls are OBSESSIVE about being white....
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 27, 2009
Many women of color in general have skin color issues. It has a lot to do with lack of self esteem. Skin color does not affect important things like intelligence, honesty or loyalty so I don't see why it is such a big issue. My ex best friend's mother once said to me "You would be so much prettier if you were lighter". For a while I was affected by this statement but then I looked at her, white as snow, and she's an ugly divorcee lol
magenta
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 27, 2009
My niece who is dark skinned, was so self conscious of her skin color and her hair. It broke my heart to see her feel that way about herself. I would take her out and point out young woman of the same color or darker skinned i would say "Isn't she pretty. Look at her beautiful hair" I would talk to her about it. She wanted to use skin lightners. I am as white as the driven snow and told her I'm just the opposite. I would like to have some color.

Fortunately today, she loves her hair and is very happy with her skin color. She is very exotic looking.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
So women with a darker skin pigment bleach their skin while white women spend a fortune in tanning salons and fake tan!
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2009
I saw a t-shirt once that said something like ...

When you're cold, you turn blue.
When you're embarrassed, you turn red.
When you're sick, you turn yellow.
When you're scared, you turn white.
And you call us "colored"!?

... A "colored" man was wearing it.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 28, 2009
I think its nothing but media driven insanity. Just playing to womens insecureties about them selves. The dark want to be white. The white want to be tanned. The full figured want to be thin. The skinny want to have some curves. Some want to go up a cup size some want to get a reduction and go down a size. Some want to have their faces strecthed some prefer injecting themselve with poison. Some want to vacum some fat and some want to vacum that fat and pump it into their lips and various other places.

There are billions to be made by playing on these insecurites and fear.

And its not only women these people target, but the general population itself. We all are victim to these scruplous types willingly or unwillingly in some way or the other.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 28, 2009
I'm already pale. My family wants me to get a tan. They think I'm a ghost but I don't want skin cancer.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
:roll: Don't be stupid, light sun exposure is good for you, you need it, it's how the body naturally produces vitamin D and other things.

Skin bleaching is harsh and horrid. Chemical bleaching is never a good idea. There are many products now though that use natural ingredients to even out a skin tone instead.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
:roll: Don't be stupid, light sun exposure is good for you, you need it, it's how the body naturally produces vitamin D and other things.

Skin bleaching is harsh and horrid. Chemical bleaching is never a good idea. There are many products now though that use natural ingredients to even out a skin tone instead.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
If someone has very blotchy skin and it makes them self-conscious, then maybe I understand them wanting to even out their skin tone. However, dark people wanting to be light and light people wanting to be dark - what madness! Everyone finds the opposite to what they have as more beautiful for some warped reason.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2009
kanelli wrote:If someone has very blotchy skin and it makes them self-conscious, then maybe I understand them wanting to even out their skin tone. However, dark people wanting to be light and light people wanting to be dark - what madness! Everyone finds the opposite to what they have as more beautiful for some warped reason.

hehehe , they simply are not satisfied of who they are
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 29, 2009
I dated a girl once who used to bleach her a**hole
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 29, 2009
K-Dog wrote:I dated a girl once who used to bleach her a**hole

So did it make you any lighter?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 29, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

ZING!
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2009
Waaaaay too much info there :shock:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2009
Softer whiter skin has been associated with wealth and privilege for a long time, not even only on inter-racial lines. Dark-skinned Chinese field workers would envy the lighter tones of the farm owner's Chinese wife as it boasted that she didn't have to work in the hot sun. The wish still exists today even if they all work in a city office! Strange but true.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
In old days it was the same for fair skinned people, but nowadays people tell you you look healthier with a tan! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 29, 2009
We white skinned people believe that! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
It's by and large a third world country phenomenon.....There is beauty in being fit and well toned....Period!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
maximusprime wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

ZING!

CaatchingggggGGGGggggg (you hear him singing still) :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 30, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

It did help some Bora Bora, did help some :cry:
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

It did help some Bora Bora, did help some :cry:

I have a better 'solution' for you Vegas. :wink:
What about quit ramming those brown crackers for once. Then you won't need to find the bleech babes every so often for their assistance in getting that infected woodpecker back in native style! :lol:

8)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat