Sins Of The Flesh???

Topic locked
Sins of the flesh??? Dec 17, 2005
Sometimes you really are reminded about the absurd side to life here and how the most harmless, innocuous and inconsequential things are seemingly big news here.

Take the article in Emirates Today about three women sparking outrage in The Greens when - horror of horrors - they sunbathed topless!!!

A number of people complained that they were exposing themselves and "took turns jumping in the water"... the hussies!

One resident said: “They were treating it like the Costa Del Sol. A lot of people were tutting when they took off their tops but they just giggled and started jumping in the pool.”

God forbid anyone should "lower the tone" at The Greens and have a bit of a laugh with their tops off! One hundred lashes and a year in the slammer at the least, I say!

Good God, I think the end of the world cometh... and no doubt they'll throw the book at them should these wild and wanton women be tracked down and publicly exposed (as it were)!

GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 17, 2005
u can always try to defend things like that...those women new that they were in a muslim country(despite what kinda shït there is in the counrty)...they knew that they were not allowed to do such a thing...and yet they did it to provoke not thinking of the consequences...
i think that was such a stupid thing to do for "fun"...

people have to respect the rules of the country...if they wanna have fun showing of their bo0bs they can go to another country where nudity is allowed...

i agree with u that the punishment is too hard but well thats their fault getting them selves into shït like that.
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2005
The bit about the punishment was a joke.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 18, 2005
hahah, i live in the greens how come no one told me about those chicks .. damn it !

seriously though, an older woman maybe in her 40s is always sun bathin topless .. doesnt bother me , but i can see how it can be offensive to people. Any chick who feels the urge to be topless can always borrow my apartment keys
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2005
where is the greens by the way?
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2005
across the street from the internet city/ media city ...

http://www.emaar.com/Developments/TheGreens/Index.asp
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2005
MaaaD, I wonder if those girls were in our block of flats, because my husband said he saw some girls sunbathing topless in our pool area a week ago. I'm glad he's paying close attention :lol:

I agree that it is pretty rude to go topless in a Muslim country, even if it is a more liberal emirate we live in.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 18, 2005
If you go to a country or a place it means you agree to abide by the rules of the place whether you like it or not.

You go to the vatican agree to cover yourself as requested.

Go to the beach you can take your cloth as far as they allow you.

there is always some tolerance, but don't abuse it.
In Egypt, if you wore a revealing clothes, you will find the people annoyed, while if you go to the red sea, alot of people are topless on the beach.

Anyway, i just moved to the greens today :D hope i can catch these chics doing it again.

Cheers all
yshimy

Dec 18, 2005
Damn! why i left greens?
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2005
kanelli wrote:MaaaD, I wonder if those girls were in our block of flats, because my husband said he saw some girls sunbathing topless in our pool area a week ago. I'm glad he's paying close attention :lol:

kenalli that would officially make us the coolest block in the neighborhood :P

i need to start spending less time in Saudi and more time on my pool god damn it !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2005
In Mina Salam (Qasr and co) this girl was topless also... Many people stared. I think people should have some respect. You are in a Muslim Arab land and you should respect our culture and sensitivities... Damn hoes!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 18, 2005
Apparently there has been a stampede of shocked and outraged blokes to get their names down for a pad in The Greens :wink:
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 19, 2005
great. thats all we fu%king need .. another reason to increase the rents :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 19, 2005
Liban wrote:In Mina Salam (Qasr and co) this girl was topless also... Many people stared. I think people should have some respect. You are in a Muslim Arab land and you should respect our culture and sensitivities... Damn hoes!

hahaha that's funny. ppl will ofcourse stare if she has good ones :lol:
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 19, 2005
I think you find a lot of girls trying it at hotels, but normally the staff are quick to tell them that it's unacceptable. At the Jumeirah beach park a few weeks ago, there was one woman with a bikini thong so far up her b*** she might as well not have been wearing anything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 19, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:I think you find a lot of girls trying it at hotels, but normally the staff are quick to tell them that it's unacceptable. At the Jumeirah beach park a few weeks ago, there was one woman with a bikini thong so far up her b*** she might as well not have been wearing anything.

yeah, this happens in some of the hotels during the late evening hours. i have noticed some middle aged ladies from europe swimming topless in groups.. but never alone.

the hotel staff might not have noticed them..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 20, 2005
it all boils down to respect for the country you're in.
they should abide by the laws of the country.
i sunbathe topless back home but would never consider doing it here bacasue i respect the fact that i'm in a Muslim country and the laws forbid it.
moonbaby
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat