Silver Window Tint

Topic locked
Silver Window Tint Oct 05, 2008
Hey, hope someone can help with this.

my mother has a rare disorder called Skin Ulcaria (Spell check?) and basically she needs like at least 50% silver window tint to stop the sun from getting in, so it doesn't damage her skin. The only problem is we have been pulled over at least 3 times by the police, I was wondering what procedure I need to go thru to get a card or slip saying its ok for her to have this tint, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks ahead.

Cybix
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2008
Well to be honest, and no disrespect to your mother, but this kind of tint is very dangerous to other drivers. When the sun hits it, it's blinding!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2008
Well I don't really have a choice, black soaks thru, whereas silver bounces the sun off...
Cybix
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2008
And that's the problem. Suppose someone has an accident because they've been dazed by the sun reflecting off that? Maybe they can do a matt finish one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2008
I would highly suggest getting a medical certificate issued by the hospital to firstly prove the specific case. Make sure its in English and Arabic so that you can present this to the police when you get stopped.

Secondly, I would not recommend the silver reflective tint. This tends to be the privilege of the royal family and they are about the only people who will not be stopped for having it fitted.

If you do wish to have a heavy tint on your windows, I would suggest that you use an alternative vehicle at night as your vision will be severely impaired.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat