Should There Be Seperate Bathrooms For Humans And Animals?

Topic locked

Should there be seperate bathrooms for humans and animals?

Yes, keep my toilets clean.
100%
No, I love filthy toilets, let more of these animals in!
No votes

Total votes : 5

Should there be seperate bathrooms for humans and animals? Oct 12, 2009
Humans being those who go to the bathroom, do their stuff, use toilet paper and gtfo.

Animals are those who for some reason see it fit to take a shower in the toilet, you can tell an animal has been in a stall before you by checking for the following clues:
- Floor is flooded with water
- Toilet seat is drenched
- There is toilet paper everywhere
- Stall smells like a dead rodent stuffed with curry just died in it

Since these animals seem to rejoice in prancing in filth, it is only fitting that they are awarded their own bathroom facilities. Do you agree?

TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2009
The reason for the floor, toilet and wet paper is probably because they washed themselves after doing their business. Unlike many who wipe and leave, assuming there is a wipe before leaving the stall.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
Great logic, so in other countries with no showers in the stalls do they climb on the sink and crouch like gargoyles to wash?
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2009
TeddyBear wrote:Great logic, so in other countries with no showers in the stalls do they climb on the sink and crouch like gargoyles to wash?

Its no logic!!! I don't know about other countries, I am assuming you are referring to here in Dubai, where the majority of people are Muslim, and it is a hygenic practice in Islam to clean oneself after relieving onself. I gather you don't know very much about Islam.

You probably think a bidet is something you vomit into while sitting on the commode after a drinking binge, or a place to wash your socks in. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
One day if you ever have the chance to go to another country, you'll get hit with a hard reality brick in the face when you notice that there are no "bidets" in public bathrooms.

And if someone finds it hygienic to spray fecal matter riddled water onto the floor, then they should really take a step back and re-evaluate their perspective on hygiene. Being muslim does not mean you're exempt from respecting other people who will use the bathroom after you, at least have the decency to clean up your mess.
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2009
But even if people do use the hose, that's still no excuse for leaving the place in a state! People can mop up after themselves, they just can't be bothered.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
TeddyBear wrote:One day if you ever have the chance to go to another country, you'll get hit with a hard reality brick in the face when you notice that there are no "bidets" in public bathrooms.

And if someone finds it hygienic to spray fecal matter riddled water onto the floor, then they should really take a step back and re-evaluate their perspective on hygiene. Being muslim does not mean you're exempt from respecting other people who will use the bathroom after you, at least have the decency to clean up your mess.

LOL. I'm from the US, and bidets are not the norm. I don't know what places you go to that you have had that experience, but in my 12 years here I have never ever been in a place that caters to that level of individual.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:But even if people do use the hose, that's still no excuse for leaving the place in a state! People can mop up after themselves, they just can't be bothered.

I agree with you. It doesn't take much to wipe up the water that is left on the seat. I'm sure that most people grab some paper and wipe it before using it, but that doesn't mean you need to leave it for the next person.

As for mopping up, I have yet to see a mop in any stall. But what I have seen are these poor individuals who are paid slave wages to clean up after those people.

I was raised: leave the bathroom the way you found it! Obviously I wouldn't entertain using a bathroom such as Teddybear uses, but then again, I guess I've never been to a place that has bathrooms that are left in such a state of disgust. In my most desperate moment, I would find another place or way to relieve myself.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
If you got fecal matter on your hands, would you just wipe it off with dry tissue paper? If not, why is that acceptable for your buttocks?
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2009
gavtek wrote:If you got fecal matter on your hands, would you just wipe it off with dry tissue paper? If not, why is that acceptable for your buttocks?

Depending on your personal hygiene there are things that are a "given". Some people find is totally acceptable to leave a bathroom without washing their hands. Personally, I don't find that acceptable. I see women come out of a stall and fix their hair, put on lipstick and fix their makeup before washing their hands! When finished, some wash their hands after doing that and some head straight to the door.

I am germ phobic - so I touch as little as possible in a public bathroom. And when I do "touch" something, I have a paper towel in my hand from the time I open the stall door until I leave. Door handles, door lock, hot and cold nozzles, soap container, handle of door when leaving, always with a paper towel in hand. Unfortunately there are no bins next to the door when exiting so I have to toss the paper towel into a corner. Sorry. :(
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
Urgh you're like me Bora, I can't stand to touch anything. I carry those little bottles of all in one germ killing hand lotion.

It annoys me that many peple can't do such a basic hygiene practice such as washing their hands as soon as they come out the loo - it's disgusting. For this reason I can't bear to shake peoples hands, touch doors knobs etc, it's awful.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
Nice topic
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Its no logic!!! I don't know about other countries, I am assuming you are referring to here in Dubai, where the majority of people are Muslim, and it is a hygenic practice in Islam to clean oneself after relieving onself. I gather you don't know very much about Islam.
It's more to culture & habit than religion. Most Asians, regardless of religion, wash/spray it with water for hygenic purpose. But the conditions OP mentioned are totally unacceptable. Mostly they're not familiar with the toilet seat and they know nothing about how to keep it neat, clean, and dry.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 12, 2009
xty wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Its no logic!!! I don't know about other countries, I am assuming you are referring to here in Dubai, where the majority of people are Muslim, and it is a hygenic practice in Islam to clean oneself after relieving onself. I gather you don't know very much about Islam.
It's more to culture & habit than religion. Most Asians, regardless of religion, wash/spray it with water for hygenic purpose. But the conditions OP mentioned are totally unacceptable. Mostly they're not familiar with the toilet seat and they know nothing about how to keep it neat, clean, and dry.

Where do these people come from that they are not "familiar with the toilet seat"? Unless, of course, you are talking about the "straddle commode", you know, the one in the ground, which they pretty much have done away with here.

In all honesty, have you ever been in a loo such as the one he speaks about? I never have, and I'm sure if someone I knew had that experience I would have heard about it, but never, ever has anyone I know spoken of such an experience.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Where do these people come from that they are not "familiar with the toilet seat"? Unless, of course, you are talking about the "straddle commode", you know, the one in the ground, which they pretty much have done away with here.

In all honesty, have you ever been in a loo such as the one he speaks about? I never have, and I'm sure if someone I knew had that experience I would have heard about it, but never, ever has anyone I know spoken of such an experience.

I know what you mean. Surprisingly you still can find them even in the newest malls.

Though nowadays mostly they use toilet seat, but they still can't change the habit! When you find shoeprints on toilet seat (the ring), then you know that these people are not familiar with it!

Yeah, plenty of time I had to deal with those filthy toilets. I'd rather hold it or find somewhere else.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 12, 2009
I feel my input is greatly needed in this topic ! :D

Bora you probally have never seen it, probally becuase you've never been a to public male toilet ! They are absolutely horrid ! looks like a old faithfull just blew its top in there....ewww

This does not happen due to the fact that most us wash our self, but majority of the "animalistic" population don't know how to use a toilet seat and still use it as an asian comode ( floor mounted, squat type ) They get on top of it and squat with there feet on the seat and when done the resulting "wash" ends in the water bomb explosion. Mostly our kandoora wearing population is to blame for this as well as south asian expats from the villages.

I've " washed all my life but never the scene as if a water mains just burst.

Don't ask me how I know all of this unless you want gory details !!!!
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Should there be seperate bathrooms for humans and animal Oct 12, 2009
TeddyBear wrote:Humans being those who go to the bathroom, do their stuff, use toilet paper and gtfo.

Animals are those who for some reason see it fit to take a shower in the toilet, you can tell an animal has been in a stall before you by checking for the following clues:
- Floor is flooded with water
- Toilet seat is drenched
- There is toilet paper everywhere
- Stall smells like a dead rodent stuffed with curry just died in it

Since these animals seem to rejoice in prancing in filth, it is only fitting that they are awarded their own bathroom facilities. Do you agree?

Which lonely nook of Dubai did you find urself in mate?

Personally I've never come across a toilet as disguisting as you've mentioned. Then again it boils down to being prudent in selecting the location of the public toilet you plan to relieve urself in. Exceptions being prisons cells and labour camps maybe?

As far as the stinking part goes, not much a person can do bout it. The loos need to be well ventilated!

The only time I've come across filthy loos is during parties. Where it's impossible to keep cleaning and partygoers use the loos for who knows what from vomiting to making out to smoking etc

With public toilets never touch anything with ur bare hands and carry ur own liquid detergent.

And teddy bear most countries have free toilets and paid toilets. The paid ones are generally sparkling clean with all ameneties, basic and more.

But yes I will admit that people in general have no consideration and often leave the loos in a shabbier state than when they entered. I've seen people educated people wash their feet in sinks thereby leaving the sinks a filthy mess. And what's worse? They're proud of it.
There seems to be a culture that tolerates this, as it's accepted that someone will walk in to clean the mess they made.

I guess as society evolves, etiquette will kick in.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 12, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I feel my input is greatly needed in this topic ! :D

Bora you probally have never seen it, probally becuase you've never been a to public male toilet ! They are absolutely horrid ! looks like a old faithfull just blew its top in there....ewww

I don't know dude. From what I hear women's toilets are quite filthy.

What toilets need is some kinda kick@aa Japanese technology system.

Where eveything is automated, with sensors all round. So when waters spills out beyond an acceptable level or if the seat is not clean the sensors are immediately activated when the user reached for the door. Once the sensors raise the alarm these women then start laughing loudly. That'll shame all men into cleanliness overdrive :lol:

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
xty wrote:

Where do these people come from that they are not "familiar with the toilet seat"? Unless, of course, you are talking about the "straddle commode", you know, the one in the ground, which they pretty much have done away with here.

The so called "Straddle commode" is actually quite the norm in China.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
xty wrote:

The so called "Straddle commode" is actually quite the norm in China.

I was referring to something more like this:

Question: So how was it for you? LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
separated bathroom is better
ABNA
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 13, 2009
Ahhhh the Japanese toilets on some of the hotels are what's needed. They have a control pad at the side with different settings for women and men. You get a rinse and blow dry while you're there - lol funniest thing I've ever seen.

Look out for them if you ever go to the Meridien Al Aqa!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
To all the idiots on your high horses asking "what toilets have you been to?" try any bathroom in a workplace that you are forced to share with workers.

Bottom line, there should be a fine for people who leave the john in a disgusting state. Or to a lesser extent a sign on the wall reminding the animal that he should clean up after himself. Even my cat is cleaner than these people!
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
TeddyBear wrote:To all the idiots on your high horses asking "what toilets have you been to?" try any bathroom in a workplace that you are forced to share with workers.

Bottom line, there should be a fine for people who leave the john in a disgusting state. Or to a lesser extent a sign on the wall reminding the animal that he should clean up after himself. Even my cat is cleaner than these people!

Someone's had a sense of humour by-pass this morning!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Someone's had a sense of humour by-pass this morning!

Judging by that poor attempt at a joke I'd say I'm not the only one. I don't see a reason why dirty stalls would be humorous to anyone, unless toilet humor is kinda your thing.
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
Not really but sadly it's an issue and a problem all over the place and nonce again boils down to basic education or 'leave it how you'd expect to find it'.

Personally removing the hoses would stop most of the issues.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
I agree, we should remove all hoses from toilets.
TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
And what use paper instead. I never understood this logic ! If paper is good enough to clean your behind with after having a dump. Then why not rub yourself down with newspaper in the morning. Wipe your houses including bathrooms with paper. Why bother going to a wash your car ?

@ the Al Aqa automated loos. I had a bad incident with those once ! It was at the royal meridien ( they use to have those aswell ) Early morning to pick up clients. wWhen I reached I needed to go bad so I parked my car, rushed to the loo and after doing my bussiness I see the sign which was at the back of the door. Loo out of order ! :shock: Couldn't they have placed it on the outside or even locked it. I pressed all the buttons and everything but it wouldnt work. There was no water or paper !!!. Good thing it was early morning and wasn't busy at all. So I slowly opened the door made sure there was no one there or comming in and quickly ran to the next booth as fast as I could with pants around my ankles :shock: :shock:

I just hope there were no CCTV's in the loo !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 13, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:And what use paper instead. I never understood this logic !

Still can't imagine if one miss to wipe some part and it gets dry in underpants. Ewww.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
Yeah eewwwwww! I remeber being in the airport and a lady had gone to the loo then used the hose, she was literally drip drying, all her skirt was soaking wet it was disgusting! You can hoes, but use paper to dry off and get those bits that a hose wll not clean!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat