Rugby 7's GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

Topic locked
Rugby 7's GGGRRRRRRR!!!!! Nov 26, 2005
Okay then who's going to the Rugby 7's this week?

Should be wicked.

Yeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaa loads of burly big guys with legs like tree stumps running around getting all sweaty, with a mental crowd - can't wait!!!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 26, 2005
will someone point me somewhere i can read up on rugby ? How different is it from American football ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2005
Similar concept, but the Rugby guys are much tougher, they don't use any of that padding stuff. It's still about scoring tries and kicking balls over posts.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 27, 2005
GRRRRER...id love to see samoan guys play rugby!!!!...have u seen their team!!! yummmiiiii
who is playing? and when is it?
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2005
This Weds, Thurs, Fri. Different prices for different days. But they are limiting the number of tickets this year, so if you're going get them quick!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 27, 2005
I will be there in one of the hospitality boxes this year. had a great time there in the stands last year.

Must admit, whilst I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere last year, it does not have a patch on the Hong Kong &'s, which i have seen every year for the 7 years I was there! That is one awesome weekend.

BUT

I reckon Dubai will soon catch up.

Another drunken weekend approaches! GROAN.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 28, 2005
yeah hong kong was gr8 last year...cannot wait to get to dubai to continue the tradition...how big is the stadium in dubai ?...last time i was staggering on the streets of lan kwai fong (the street where all the bars are in hk)...wonder if i'd have to go stright home in dubai and sober up ?... :(
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 28, 2005
Before everyone gets too excited... just remember girls, these are the men with the odd shaped balls :D!

Here speaks a football supporter!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 29, 2005
Rugby is a "real man's game"! No big paddings of all sorts. What you see are those big... well toned..... muscles!!!!! The 7's is a faster game than the one played in the international level, so the energy is always high!

Unfortunately, will miss this year's game. Our move to our new home is scheduled this weekend and we are horrendously busy! Hospitality stands are always the best area. You get free shirts and not to mention overflowing booooooze!

Have fun guys!
PePPerCLIP
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 29, 2005
RUGBY - A game for thugs played by gentlemen

SOCCER - A game for gentlemen played by thugs

[/quote]
Barzie
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 29, 2005
Barzie wrote:RUGBY - A game for thugs played by gentlemen

Those roid heads are gentlemen? I'll have what you're having.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat