Rude Cab Drivers

Topic locked
Rude cab drivers Jul 02, 2013
The rudest cab drivers are supposed to be in Rome, Paris, Dubai and Mallorca according to the latest research. Very much to my surprise Amsterdam is not mentioned. According to my experiences Dubai cab drivers are gentlemen compared to the mobsters of cabs in Amsterdam. Plus cabs in Amsterdam are way more expensive. IMHO Amsterdam cabs are the worse.
I remember two incidents. One was when a cabby hit a biker and started to argue while the meter was still running. After two warnings we jumped the cab and ran (we were close to our destination anyways). The second was not chill, the cabby started to complain over his communication system about his short ride (that was us). He used abusive language. I told him, he lost his extra money. He drove two blocks around stopped near two persons with chains. He asked me, are you sure?
So, if Dubai is worse than Amsterdam. Lets hear the Dubai cab stories...please.

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 03, 2013
Traffic is so bad around where I live in Dubai (jbr) that the taxi drivers try to avoid it and if they do pick you up, they do not like it if it is only a short journey. One driver refused to take me once but I didn't get his number and when the next one refused to take me too, I reported him and he was fined 500dhs. That made me feel bad so now I get into the taxi before telling the driver where I want to go and always give them a good tip if it is a short journey. I am a bit soft I think. Sometimes the tip equals the cost of the fare as taxis are really cheap, I think.

One time, Beth and her friend got a taxi to Mall of the Emirates. There was some sort of problem when they were queued to drop off and two taxi drivers in front, jumped out of there cabs and started to fight. Their driver jumped out and tried to stop the fight as the drivers were really going for it. The Police arrived to sort it out but Beth was really scared as she had not seen men fighting like this before.

We saw another fight soon after. We were walking to the supermarket in JBR when two workers started to hit each other with sticks. I screamed at them to stop which frightened Beth even more. Poor Beth. I put it down to the heat.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 05, 2013
Not that bad, usually it is they refuse to take me if it is short distance. Or they purposly take longer route. For example I went to Dubai Mall in a cab once, the driver took the longer route. He said shorter route is usually busy.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 08, 2013
wish you good luck next time.
IbrahimM
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 12, 2013
I have recently been run down by a bangali taxi driver in Abu Hail. He smashed my knee and drove his front tyre on my foot. Luckily my knee joint was not broken but he fractured three fingers of my foot badly. I guess I cannot jogg for rest of my life or atleast for six months.
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 13, 2013
malikmudassar wrote:I have recently been run down by a bangali taxi driver in Abu Hail. He smashed my knee and drove his front tyre on my foot. Luckily my knee joint was not broken but he fractured three fingers of my foot badly. I guess I cannot jogg for rest of my life or atleast for six months.

Ouch! I hope you will be able to fully recover man! If I was told I could never jog, I'd go ballistic!
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Rude Cab Drivers Jul 13, 2013
prowheels wrote:Ouch! I hope you will be able to fully recover man!

Thanks! Exactly when I found some nice places for jogging like Mateena and Mamzar, I got my foot injured. Anyway Alhamdolillah I am able to walk now right after 15 days of accident. I strongly hope that I will be able to jog soon by the end of Ramadan. Inshallah
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat