Road Rage Vs Endangering Lives

Topic locked
Road Rage vs Endangering Lives Apr 28, 2009
http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... uined%20me

I actually dont get it, ........

1) People showing the finger to reckless drivers are deported

but....

2) People endangering other drivers' lives are let off with a fine. If they kill people through their reckless driving, they can just pay blood money and get off if they are rich enough

Is showing a finger so much worse than killing people?

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
No, definitely not - but then not strangely, there are a lot of strange outcomes in this strange land.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2009
if the story is as told, I mean no fighting or something like that then it is really a very harsh decision to be deported just for that .. I mean it became more of driving style to give the fingers and scream especially in such traffic ..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 28, 2009
Well the the Aussie guy should never have admitted to it, then it would be word against word, which can't be proven.

The Emirati should have been counter charged with wreckless driving, willful endangerment, intimidation and threatening behaviour!

Now who is in the wrong?

Typical BS double standards in this country!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
thats rite chocs but the poster above yours would never accept tat

:wink:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
A 100 Dirham fine would have been more than enough in my opinion.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2009
This is just ridiculous. Obey the laws of your adopted country sure, but, as for the laws themselves, I dare anyone to argue that someone sticking a finger up deserves to be jailed for a month then deported.

Absolutely crazy.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
sharfraz wrote:thats rite chocs but the poster above yours would never accept tat

:wink:

you know , I'm trying to be reasonable and nice here, but there will always be this bit*h who pushes me the edge :wink:
uaekid

Apr 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well the the Aussie guy should never have admitted to it, then it would be word against word, which can't be proven.

The Emirati should have been counter charged with wreckless driving, willful endangerment, intimidation and threatening behaviour!

Now who is in the wrong?

and typical BS from you to always take the westren side :wink:
uaekid

Apr 28, 2009
just get the UAE laws straight once again!!!!!

WASTA always wins

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Well the the Aussie guy should never have admitted to it, then it would be word against word, which can't be proven.

Now who is in the wrong?

and typical BS from you to always take the westren side :wink:

There he goes again. Dividing into sides.

When will you learn to just shut up F-face. (No deportation right? I didn't say nottin' ;))
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 28, 2009
The point is the punishment certainly does not fit the crime, it's a complete overreatction by some dude on a power trip and that's all.

It's ridiculous. People like that never stop to think about the consequences they'll have on someone else's life.

It's very unfair and a sad situation when others think they are so much better than everyone else. And more than likely this guy who drives like a complete fool will end up killing someone in the near future.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:The point is the punishment certainly does not fit the crime, it's a complete overreatction by some dude on a power trip and that's all.

It's ridiculous. People like that never stop to think about the consequences they'll have on someone else's life.

It's very unfair and a sad situation when others think they are so much better than everyone else. And more than likely this guy who drives like a complete fool will end up killing someone in the near future.

even though I agree with you but

look whose talking about killing. just the other day you were against police checking up on drunk drivers !!!! ohh wait he was a western friend of yours, sorry.. you are something choc, a classic hypocrite.

you see robbyg. this is the side I'm talking about. and how can I shut up when I have such an easy target as choc, it's just fun when I miss with those kinds and your sorry as# comes to the rescue, it's just entertaining to DF.. :lol:
uaekid

Apr 29, 2009
er when did I ever say the police should not clamp down on drink drivers? I feely agree with it! I said that the whole situation was unfortunate and it's difficult for people to know how long to wait before they can drive again, to be positive it;s not in their system and there are so many grey areas. So please don't put words into my mouth.

Unfortunately with you, you see black and white and that's it. There's no covering the middle ground, room for error etc etc.

Plus did I ever mention anywhere that my friend was a westerner? Nope I don't think I did!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat