RIP Shisha

Topic locked
RIP Shisha Apr 20, 2007
It seems that from June 2007 in the UK that most Shisha cafes will have to shut down as the government is banning smoking in public places. My understanding is that Shisha also constitutes part of the smoking ban!

Does anyone know the full scale of the legislation?

Thanks

dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: RIP Shisha Apr 20, 2007
dubailover wrote:It seems that from June 2007 in the UK that most Shisha cafes will have to shut down as the government is banning smoking in public places. My understanding is that Shisha also constitutes part of the smoking ban!

Thanks

I never knew shisha will be banned aswell damn. :shock:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Galactico wrote:
dubailover wrote:It seems that from June 2007 in the UK that most Shisha cafes will have to shut down as the government is banning smoking in public places. My understanding is that Shisha also constitutes part of the smoking ban!

Thanks

I never knew shisha will be banned aswell damn :shock:

Yup, sadly it is! :cry: :cry: :cry: I dont know what to do!!!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

dubailover wrote:
Galactico wrote:

Thanks

Make the most of it then few months to go yet. :wink:

Im guessing your been smoking shisha on edgeware road?
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

dubailover wrote:
Galactico wrote:

Thanks

Yes, the ONLY place in London for smoking Shisha....lol
We're getting penalised for something we shouldn't be.....smoking Shisha is a pasttime and not actual 'smoking' is it? lol

Where do you smoke Shisha?
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

dubailover wrote:
dubailover wrote:
Galactico wrote:

Thanks

Yes, the ONLY place in London for smoking Shisha....lol
We're getting penalised for something we shouldn't be.....smoking Shisha is a pasttime and not actual 'smoking' is it? lol

Where do you smoke Shisha?

Agree with you there.
Well the times I do go for Shisha its in Manchester Wimslow Road. :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2007
Whoah... never have I been more glad that I don't smoke Shisha in public.

Out of mere curiosity, can I ask on a scale of 1 to 20 how much fulfillment people get out smoking Shisha.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:Whoah... never have I been more glad that I don't smoke Shisha in public.

Out of mere curiosity, can I ask on a scale of 1 to 20 how much fulfillment people get out smoking Shisha.

I've never ever been tempted by smoking cigarettes or cigars and I suppose was forced into Shisha, its incredibly relaxing and I would say that if done on an occasional basis, it can bring extreme fulfilment
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 20, 2007
dubailover wrote:
Purple Complex wrote:Whoah... never have I been more glad that I don't smoke Shisha in public.

I've never ever been tempted by smoking cigarettes or cigars and I suppose was forced into Shisha, its incredibly relaxing and I would say that if done on an occasional basis, it can bring extreme fulfilment

...because it is similar to cigarettes. Don't tell me now that it isn't.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 20, 2007
cant you just buy the shisha kit (if thats wat its called) and smoke it at home??? saves you $$ and the trouble of going out to smoke it, bring your friends home too and everyone can have a good time.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2007
I've never done it *cough* *ahem*, but in reply to the above. Buying the kit would be too much hassle for the following reasons:-

- Extracting the smell when you don't want to smoke anymore.
- Calling your friends over can create small fogs.
- That friend that you didn't know very well that now visits you on regular intervals.
- The "Not" open air.
- Not being able to get up and walk away.

I can think of many reasons...
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2007

-20 stinks
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: RIP Shisha Apr 21, 2007
Yup, sadly it is! :cry: :cry: :cry: I dont know what to do!!![/quote]

come to MOscow there r millions of places where u can smoke shisha :)
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Apr 21, 2007
Under the terms of anti-smoking laws already in place in Scotland, any tabacco based element cannot be smoked in any confined public place. Not like England to be last, about time too. What a difference it makes to your nights out not having to inhale smoke. Good riddance to it. It's more concentrate than normal cigarettes and even the guff "flavours" they put in it can't mask it's rancidness. It's like Cherry Coke, sweet, but ultimately you know it's rotting your insides.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 21, 2007
scot1870 wrote:Under the terms of anti-smoking laws already in place in Scotland, any tabacco based element cannot be smoked in any confined public place. Not like England to be last, about time too. What a difference it makes to your nights out not having to inhale smoke. Good riddance to it. It's more concentrate than normal cigarettes and even the guff "flavours" they put in it can't mask it's rancidness. It's like Cherry Coke, sweet, but ultimately you know it's rotting your insides.

True, but you forget that we live in a society that couldn't care less about the things they do to their own bodies aslong as they get those moments of pleasure which makes their life worth living. I'm not just speaking about drugs, alcohol and smoking, but also most of the foods we eat contain substances in it that would make Shish seem innocuous in comparison.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 21, 2007
scot1870 wrote:Under the terms of anti-smoking laws already in place in Scotland, any tabacco based element cannot be smoked in any confined public place. Not like England to be last, about time too. What a difference it makes to your nights out not having to inhale smoke. Good riddance to it. It's more concentrate than normal cigarettes and even the guff "flavours" they put in it can't mask it's rancidness. It's like Cherry Coke, sweet, but ultimately you know it's rotting your insides.

WTG Scott :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 21, 2007
Smoking it at home would be a complete no no, so whats the alternative then? Does the law not state that 'tobacco' based products can be smoked outside? If we went to one of these Shisha cafes in say Edgeware Road London then how does it all work?

Apparently, the staff are not even allowed to serve you with Shisha??? Its really all up in the air at the moment...if I had the option I'd get up and come straight to Dubai but unfortunately Im not as lucky as half of you....anyway, enough whinging, hows the weather in Dubai today?
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 21, 2007
dubailover wrote:Smoking it at home would be a complete no no, so whats the alternative then? Does the law not state that 'tobacco' based products can be smoked outside? If we went to one of these Shisha cafes in say Edgeware Road London then how does it all work?

Apparently, the staff are not even allowed to serve you with Shisha??? Its really all up in the air at the moment...if I had the option I'd get up and come straight to Dubai but unfortunately Im not as lucky as half of you....anyway, enough whinging, hows the weather in Dubai today?

It's about time they banned it here in Dubai as well.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat