Residential Rents In Dubai Now On Par With Sharjah!!!

Topic locked
Residential Rents in Dubai Now on Par with Sharjah!!! Apr 09, 2009
That's according to a leading real estate broker.

Hard to believe. I know.

Well, believe it or not, here it is:

http://www.gowealthy.com/gowealthy/wcms ... 06289.html

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 09, 2009
rent in shj is going up :(
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 09, 2009
For the same residential apartment, we have seen rentals commencing at AED 125,000 per annum beginning January 2009 and falling to AED 65,000 in mid-March 2009.

Can anybody confirm it?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 09, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
For the same residential apartment, we have seen rentals commencing at AED 125,000 per annum beginning January 2009 and falling to AED 65,000 in mid-March 2009.

Can anybody confirm it?

not true even in jan 2009 the rent was 65,000. even now its 65,000 for 1 to 2 bedrooms.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:not true even in jan 2009 the rent was 65,000. even now its 65,000 for 1 to 2 bedrooms.

He was talking about Dubai it the article...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:rent in shj is going up :(

You are definately doing something very wrong here. You're being shunned. Negotiate!!! Or leave.

If you still believe that property owners can follow their Return On Investment strategies for the coming two years, you are sadly mistaken.
Read what happens with the neighbours, as I projected in another article earlier;

´´The imbalance between demand and supply needs correction and for now, supply outweighs demand by far. The recent drop in rentals have raised an opportunity for tenants to spread their accommodation needs and living in Sharjah and Ajman is now just as affordable as living in JLT, International City and Discovery Gardens. ``

Soon these individuals are moving to Dubai where it is cheaper and avoiding traffic congestions on SZR. I forecasted earlier in the Housing topic. :idea:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 09, 2009
Any confirmation from real tenant?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 09, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Any confirmation from real tenant?

Its written in the article dude. Read it.
Even here in Holland I see Dubai prices falling and you are asking for 'real tenants' where 70 percent of tenants don't even follow the housing market.

Russian ignorance I guess. My god 8)
RobbyG

Apr 10, 2009
Which one was better off beforehand?
I'm confused?
Sayf Udeen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2009
Sayf Udeen wrote:Which one was better off beforehand?
I'm confused?

Dubai rents skyrocketed. Now they come crashing down at par with Sjarjah. Soon Dubai could be lower again. And when more people are coming back to Dubai, the prices for rent in Sjarjah can go a bit lower again in competition with Dubai.

Time for people to renegotiate the monthly payments. :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Residential Rents in Dubai Now on Par with Sharjah!!! Apr 13, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:That's according to a leading real estate broker.

Hard to believe. I know.

8) 8)

Sharjah isn't exactly cheap anymore though is it?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Residential Rents in Dubai Now on Par with Sharjah!!! Apr 13, 2009
Del wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:That's according to a leading real estate broker.

Hard to believe. I know.

8) 8)

Sharjah isn't exactly cheap anymore though is it?

I still don't believe that rents are on par.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
Sage, they may not be on par but they are getting pretty close.

Rent in Qusais and International city is just about the same as it is in Sharjah.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 13, 2009
Are they the places that are surrounded by sewage?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
Well that would depend on your definition of sewage ;)

--------
My numbers are based on what my friends are paying. Yes, it can be argued that they could bargain and be more firm/ walk out.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 13, 2009
For your information, a web site already revealed the rental index.
2009 rental index prices revealed. I don't think the Sharajha index is greater than Dubai index.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 13, 2009
dresden wrote:Well that would depend on your definition of sewage ;)

--------
My numbers are based on what my friends are paying. Yes, it can be argued that they could bargain and be more firm/ walk out.

Can only be one definition I'm afraid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
Some people might argue the definition of sewage (filth) to be distinguished between:
a) Human filth
or
b) filthy humans

hehe :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 13, 2009
dresden wrote:Some people might argue the definition of sewage (filth) to be distinguished between:
a) Human filth
or
b) filthy humans

I'm talking about pools of the stuff
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
dresden wrote:Some people might argue the definition of sewage (filth) to be distinguished between:
a) Human filth
or
b) filthy humans

Forget the beer we mentioned yesterday. First clean the house my Onion friend ;)
RobbyG

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:rent in shj is going up :(

You are definately doing something very wrong here. You're being shunned. Negotiate!!! Or leave.

If you still believe that property owners can follow their Return On Investment strategies for the coming two years, you are sadly mistaken.
Read what happens with the neighbours, as I projected in another article earlier;

´´The imbalance between demand and supply needs correction and for now, supply outweighs demand by far. The recent drop in rentals have raised an opportunity for tenants to spread their accommodation needs and living in Sharjah and Ajman is now just as affordable as living in JLT, International City and Discovery Gardens. ``

Soon these individuals are moving to Dubai where it is cheaper and avoiding traffic congestions on SZR. I forecasted earlier in the Housing topic. :idea:

in Ajman rents are going up... myself and many of my friends.. brother-in-law also lives in Ajman and rents went up another 10-20% on all of us this year...

a 3-Bed apartment range between 60 to 70K in Ajman at the street I live in and 2bd range between 35-60k depending on the building and facilities!!!

for 60K you get a 2bdr apartment 10mins away from the sea and 45mins away from Dubai during peak hours... demand is still very high in Ajman...

our rent gone up 100% during the past 3 years... and its still increasing!!

I am not sure about sharjah...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
dresden wrote:Sage, they may not be on par but they are getting pretty close.

Rent in Qusais and International city is just about the same as it is in Sharjah.

my relatives lives in a 3bd apartment on al Qasba sharjah for 60K... do you get 3bed apartment in international city for 60K?????????????

not to mention the sewage in IC vs Canal view in al Qasba...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
aha
candy
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 14, 2009
quatroporte wrote:my relatives lives in a 3bd apartment on al Qasba sharjah for 60K... do you get 3bed apartment in international city for 60K?????????????

not to mention the sewage in IC vs Canal view in al Qasba...

I heared about 50K for big 2BR with parking in Al Khan and 65K for 2BR (also rather big) in IC.

It looks like prices in just constructed skyscrapers are lower (to fill them) than for old buildings.... :?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 14, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
quatroporte wrote:It looks like prices in just constructed skyscrapers are lower (to fill them) than for old buildings.... :?

this is very true.. especially with the new delivered skycreepers in Sharjah and Dubai...

the problem in Ajman at the moment is that there are too many new delivered buildings... however there is no electricity in any of them!!!! there is a major electricity shortage in ajman and they say some new building will be forced to wait between 1-2 years. there fore supply in ajman is still very low compared to sharjah and Dubai
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 14, 2009
quatroporte wrote: there is a major electricity shortage in ajman and they say some new building will be forced to wait between 1-2 years. there fore supply in ajman is still very low compared to sharjah and Dubai

I must agree about Dubai, but Sharjah has also big shortage. Many constructed skyscrapers has been staying w/o electricity for years.

The best exampls - 3 round piglets at the entrance to Sharjah from Dubai. Even in Siryana they were semi-constructed...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
a) Human filth
or
b) filthy humans

Forget the beer we mentioned yesterday. First clean the house my Onion friend ;)

Don't worry my house is very clean
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
a) Human filth
or
b) filthy humans

Don't worry my house is very clean

Of course it is. Just playing here. :wink:
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat