Rant At RTA

Topic locked
Rant at RTA Dec 18, 2006
Which friggin stoopid mindless Department decided that they should install traffic lights on the Arabian Ranches roundabout (Emirates Road)? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What a f00king idiot. Whoever is responsible ought to be made to sit in the teraffic jams it has created day in and day out. Traffis is backed up for circa 3 km's on all approaches to it!

I just do not understand what the RTA are thinking when they do things like this.

If it is not the RTA, then whoever is responsible in whatever department that makes these decisions!

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
In memory of liban. Blame it on the west; westerners who can't drive here and keep complaining and writing into 7 days are what have sparked this another moronic ideas because they can't use a roundabout properly.

Like the saying goes, if nobody moves nobody gets hurt. :roll: :roll:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 18, 2006
I don't like those roundabouts with or without traffic lights.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Rant at RTA Dec 18, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Which f00king stoopid mindless MORON decided that they should install traffic lights on the Arabian Ranches roundabout (Emirates Road)? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What a f00king idiot. Whoever is responsible ought to be made to sit in the teraffic jams it has created day in and day out. Traffis is backed up for circa 3 km's on all approaches to it!

I just do not understand what the RTA are thinking when they do things like this.

If it is not the RTA, then whoever is responsible in whatever department that makes these decisions!

Unbelievable, at least before the traffic lights you were able to enter the roundabout, being mindfull of the speeding trucks, and get on ones way within a reasonable time. Now, its mayhem, when I entered the P/A from Al Khail roda direction last night it took me 20 minutes, the people that were coming from Dubai direction Abu Dhabi, must have been in for a good 90 minutes wait, the tailback was as far as you could see.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 18, 2006
S&O,

It took me 50mins to get through last night (coming from Abu Dhabi). The minute I came off the roundabout BANG, tailbacks to the AR roundabout. Yes, the queue going back to Dubai on Emirates was horrendous.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
yorky500 wrote:S&O,

It took me 50mins to get through last night (coming from Abu Dhabi). The minute I came off the roundabout BANG, tailbacks to the AR roundabout. Yes, the queue going back to Dubai on Emirates was horrendous.

My opinion, re-instate the humps and disable the lights.

I think the problem is the amount of time that the Police are having to spend at the R/A every day investigating stupid accidents.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 18, 2006
once people get used to the lights its meant to be less of a death trap
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 18, 2006
scarlet wrote:once people get used to the lights its meant to be less of a death trap

Get used to the lights???, this means everyone who has to come this way, and I for one have absolutely no choice, is going to have to spend additional hours on the road because some people cannot drive properly!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 18, 2006
Scarlet,

Traffic lights don't bother me, but the queues that have now formed as a result of them is stoopid.

It now takes me twice the time it normally did.

There never any really bad accidnets that i encountered on that roundabout. All went smothly. The cops would stand on the hard shoulder pulling over morons that drive on them and the people in the designated 3 lanes could just go on about their business.

NOW, its just mind numbing.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
fayz wrote:In memory of liban. Blame it on the west; westerners who can't drive here and keep complaining and writing into 7 days are what have sparked this another moronic ideas because they can't use a roundabout properly.

Hehe, all those whiny well-to-do white people indeed. It's not that they can't drive. It's that they are too chicken for Dubai roads. I'm sure they've never been in "poor" Sharjah at night.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
gtmash wrote:
fayz wrote:In memory of liban. Blame it on the west; westerners who can't drive here and keep complaining and writing into 7 days are what have sparked this another moronic ideas because they can't use a roundabout properly.

Hehe, all those whiny well-to-do white people indeed. It's not that they can't drive. It's that they are too chicken for Dubai roads. I'm sure they've never been in "poor" Sharjah at night.

Sorry what a load of B0ll0cks - you say about shajah - try some of the london or paris ghettos where its quite regular that someone gets stabbed to death to help pay for a rock of crack. Also I would like to see you guys get across london as the rush hour is tailoring off and the traffic doubles its speed - or drive through Rome, handling a Paris roundabout or german autobahn.

If you think all white people are onlyt well-to-do souls sheilded by there money from the harsh realitys of life - you need to go look around the world my firend.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
Ditto on the Paris roundabout... Those things are scary...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 18, 2006
gtmash wrote:goes, if nobody moves nobody gets hurt. :roll: :roll:

Hehe, all those whiny well-to-do white people indeed. It's not that they can't drive. It's that they are too chicken for Dubai roads. I'm sure they've never been in "poor" Sharjah at night.[/quote]

In all fairness, their are risks to be taken, and its not being to chicken for the roads, their is a fine line of safety and stupidity.
The problem here is you have too many different cultural driving, from india/pakistani/emirates/lebanese/filipinos, bring there home driving here, it doesnt mix well.
But heck what do i know i never drove here. although cars have come centimeters from hitting me several times. i loveit
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Ditto on the Paris roundabout... Those things are scary...

Thats true the Arc de Triomphe is enough to put most people off driving for life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtHIGNo4 ... ed&search=
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
samex wrote:In all fairness, their are risks to be taken, and its not being to chicken for the roads, their is a fine line of safety and stupidity.
The problem here is you have too many different cultural driving, from india/pakistani/emirates/lebanese/filipinos, bring there home driving here, it doesnt mix well.
But heck what do i know i never drove here. although cars have come centimeters from hitting me several times. i loveit

It's not a fine line between safety and stupidity. It's a very big chasm. People thinking it's a fine line are the entire problem, especially when it rains.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

yorky500 wrote:Which f00king stoopid mindless MORON decided that they should install traffic lights on the Arabian Ranches roundabout (Emirates Road)? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i met hm izz Age & Bonion
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

MAC wrote:Age & Bonion

ROTFLMAO!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^ian^ wrote:
MAC wrote:Age & Bonion

ROTFLMAO!

I don't get it - who is Age & Bonion?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
Sorry what a load of B0ll0cks - you say about shajah - try some of the london or paris ghettos where its quite regular that someone gets stabbed to death to help pay for a rock of crack.

I lived in downtown Atlanta for a couple of years. Look up their crime statistics. And we are talking about driving here, not muggings.

jabbajabba wrote:If you think all white people are onlyt well-to-do souls sheilded by there money from the harsh reality.

And yes, I do believe that about white people HERE, except for those involved in prostitution. Everyone keeps hating on locals, but I haven't seen any British taxi drivers or labourers either over HERE.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
gtmash wrote:I lived in downtown Atlanta for a couple of years. Look up their crime statistics. And we are talking about driving here, not muggings.

So that would mean you are saying poor people can't drive or are really crazy drivers? It has to be one of the two?

jabbajabba wrote:If you think all white people are onlyt well-to-do souls sheilded by there money from the harsh reality.

And yes, I do believe that about white people HERE, except for those involved in prostitution.[/quote]

You are right it is only those that find work - the rest would not be able to because they cannot afford the airfare and the UAE would not have them. Apart from Prostiutes - all i can think of is they provide as service.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
This can be applied to the logic of your statement.

"Hehe, all those whiny well-to-do white people indeed. It's not that they can't drive. It's that they are too chicken for Dubai roads. I'm sure they've never been in "poor" Sharjah at night."

So i assumed this may be to with crime - i.e whiny well to do whites don't go there for fear of crime. I pointed out that there is plenty of crime in the areas where whiny well to do whites live and grow up.

"I lived in downtown Atlanta for a couple of years. Look up their crime statistics. And we are talking about driving here, not muggings. "

So you rightfully remind me that its nothing to do with crime but more to do with driving.

So i then asked - "So that would mean you are saying poor people can't drive or are really crazy drivers? It has to be one of the two? "

I can't see the chewbacca ethos there - unless by calling that card you are playing it yourself.

My main bone of contention is you are making a sweeping statement about people based on there race. Apart from if they are prostitutes.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
You should pull out the monkey now :lol:

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Scarlet,

Traffic lights don't bother me, but the queues that have now formed as a result of them is stoopid.

It now takes me twice the time it normally did.

There never any really bad accidnets that i encountered on that roundabout. All went smothly. The cops would stand on the hard shoulder pulling over morons that drive on them and the people in the designated 3 lanes could just go on about their business.

NOW, its just mind numbing.

Ok, lights slow things down, but sometimes that's no bad thing. Take the Wasit roundabout in Big Bad Sharjah ( the one under the flyover to the airport road ). That one used to be a nightmare. Visibility round the sides of the flyover support was so bad that you could sit for ages waiting for a chance to get onto the roundabout.
Now you wait a few minutes at the lights.....much more efficient and safer.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 18, 2006
gtmash wrote:You should pull out the monkey now :lol:

I am going to let this one go as you are going to run out of animals until you can shed some light on your flawed logic.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
jabba, some things are not meant to be taken so seriously, geesh! I'm sure this defensiveness of yours is better applied to your driving skills...
freza
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2006
sauron wrote:
Ok, lights slow things down, but sometimes that's no bad thing. Take the Wasit roundabout in Big Bad Sharjah ( the one under the flyover to the airport road ). That one used to be a nightmare. Visibility round the sides of the flyover support was so bad that you could sit for ages waiting for a chance to get onto the roundabout.

There are always exceptions to everything, however, there is nothing near Arabian Ranches roundabout, well, there is now i.e. trafic lights. :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
yorky I used to have puppy same brand as you.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2006
yorky500 wrote:
sauron wrote:

There are always exceptions to everything, however, there is nothing near Arabian Ranches roundabout, well, there is now i.e. trafic lights. :lol: :lol:

I agree with you Yorky, I am soon to embark on another journey to the Ranches R/A, I am dreading it :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 18, 2006
Hey Yorky,

Good news, well at least for the Dubai x Jebel Ali bound travellers. It took me no more than 5 minutes to enter and get round the A.R. R/A tonight at 6:50pm. The line of trucks on the inside lane was backed up to Global Village about 5km.
Didn't look so good from the Jebel Ali direction, but then again it was always worse from there.

And the lights were in operation with no evidence of Dubai Police around.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat