Ramadan Vacation

Topic locked
Jul 04, 2009
redtilldead wrote:This sure is a weird decision to be made. Honestly, as a muslim, I never had a problem with fasting and going to school. Besides, school times were changed in Ramadan anyway! from 8 to 12. That's pretty do able. Just avoid doing sports in such scorching heat and you're all set.

And the whole point of Ramadan is to fast AND carry on doing things that you normally do in life. Thats when a person truly understands the meaning of Ramadan and fasting.

If someone is fasting and sleeps the whole day to "kill" their time, then what's the point of fasting in the first place? where is the struggle of life gone?

I believe that f students have the summer hoilday which is approximately 2 months and ramadan holiday then its hard 4 them 2 catch up in studies later or have the spirit 2 study.

its like me i'm n university and id having now 1 month off and i will start my summer b course in 2 weeks and i feel ohhhhh as f i didnt touch a book since years and cant put my mind into studying ( although i will do it) :)

silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 05, 2009
silent wrote:
redtilldead wrote:This sure is a weird decision to be made. Honestly, as a muslim, I never had a problem with fasting and going to school. Besides, school times were changed in Ramadan anyway! from 8 to 12. That's pretty do able. Just avoid doing sports in such scorching heat and you're all set.

And the whole point of Ramadan is to fast AND carry on doing things that you normally do in life. Thats when a person truly understands the meaning of Ramadan and fasting.

If someone is fasting and sleeps the whole day to "kill" their time, then what's the point of fasting in the first place? where is the struggle of life gone?

I believe that f students have the summer hoilday which is approximately 2 months and ramadan holiday then its hard 4 them 2 catch up in studies later or have the spirit 2 study.

its like me i'm n university and id having now 1 month off and i will start my summer b course in 2 weeks and i feel ohhhhh as f i didnt touch a book since years and cant put my mind into studying ( although i will do it) :)

What are you studying luv?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ramadan Vacation Mar 26, 2011
Sometimes religion can be a hindrance on some matters. When some occasions is being celebrated due to some different reasons and they study in some different country, that is right that if they have leave the class for several days, it would be hard for them to cope up.
jiivxil
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat