U.a.e To Qatar Via Road Formalities?

Topic locked
u.a.e to qatar via road formalities? Nov 03, 2009
Hi all,

Has any one done it? I want to know the procedure.

1) How to get Saudi Transit Visa. Is there an agent to do it or only from the Saudi embassy? Do I need to get a multiple entry visa? Is it easy/possible for non Muslims to get Saudi transit visa?

2) Can I go with a tinted vehicle through Saudi and Qatar.

3) My vehicle have a bank loan. Do I need a clearanace letter from Bank or Police?

Being a U.A.E resident I can get Qatar visa at the border.

Any other formalities if any one is aware please reply.

Regards,

Charley

chthomas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 03, 2009
to my knowledge getting the saudi viasas will be the hardest part, I thought you need invite letters. These will need to be got hold of in advance.

Doesn't it depend more on nationality rather than being resident?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 03, 2009
You can get a transit visa from the Saudi Embassy without having to have a letter of invite.

Lots of paperwork including letters from Dubai police etc., are required.

I do know of one person who did this last June but he was leaving for good driving his LC back to Sweden and had to re-register his vehicle prior to the departure in Abu Dhabi.

You will not be able to carry any female passengers with you unless they are directly related (mother, wife, sister, daughter), and you will need paperwork to prove this also.
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 04, 2009
I think I have to drop the idea. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Charley
chthomas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 04, 2009
Its funny how its so difficult for even white collar professionals to visit friends/relatives in other GCC countries.....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 04, 2009
Last year my brother came to U.A.E from Qatar with family. The bottleneck was getting Saudi transit visa and he managed to get it done through some agency in Qatar. There wasn't any need for any paper from police or bank or employer. The travelling time was only around 6hrs, no hastle at all in any of the borders. I was thinking of making a trip to Qatar. Looks like the formalities are different from here.

Regards,

Charley
chthomas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 04, 2009
I have a few friends who drive frequently from Qatar and Bahrain to UAE, different countries, different bureacracies etc.

I attempted to drive to Riyadh once and began with the procedure through my company PRO who first went to the police with my car documents and passport with visa and was told no way. no reason given, but I guess it might have been different if I had pitched up personally.

So I wasted half a day only to find that on my Saudi multiple entry visa it states entry only by air and not by land, something that the PRO should have noticed, but failed to and of course the police did not tell the PRO on his first visit.
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 05, 2009
chthomas wrote:Last year my brother came to U.A.E from Qatar with family. The bottleneck was getting Saudi transit visa and he managed to get it done through some agency in Qatar. There wasn't any need for any paper from police or bank or employer. The travelling time was only around 6hrs, no hastle at all in any of the borders. I was thinking of making a trip to Qatar. Looks like the formalities are different from here.

Regards,

Charley

If you're just going to Doha for a short visit, you're better off flying to Doha on FlyDubai from Dubai, or on the other budget airlines from Sharjah.

Cheaper and lot faster, and no hassling with the Saudi visa.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2009
This is why a bridge / causeway is planned between Abu Dhabi and Qatar. You could use that but will have to wait a few years until it's open.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat