Is Possible Visit Burj Al Arab?

Topic locked
Is possible visit Burj Al Arab? Sep 01, 2006
Hi everybody, does someone know if is possible for a turist visit the Burj Al Arab inside and use the skyview bar, take pictures in the hall and so on.... :roll:
Thanks, Roby

robbye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 01, 2006
Yes but you have to pay for the privilege :shock: Supposedly you are not allowed to take pictures inside, etc. but everyone does it. Just check their website for the various packages (lunch, afternoon tea, drinks at the sky bar, dinner, etc.). Or you can stay there for a mere $3,000 a night at least.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 01, 2006
Concord wrote:Yes but you have to pay for the privilege :shock: Supposedly you are not allowed to take pictures inside, etc. but everyone does it. Just check their website for the various packages (lunch, afternoon tea, drinks at the sky bar, dinner, etc.). Or you can stay there for a mere $3,000 a night at least.

I think if you shop around you can get it cheaper per night - but no cheaper that about $1500 I'd say!
As for just looking round, I believe entrance is around 300dhs per person (someone correct me if I'm wrong!).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 01, 2006
Believe it or not the best packages can be had from overseas, way below the prices quoted.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2006
the cheapest i have got is £400 per night around 2500 Dhs
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 01, 2006
the 300 bucks is refundable against a meal or tea, cheapest is to book for tea in the afternoon.. although dragging a lot of bulky camera equipment my be a give away.

in anycase my feeling is that pictures of the outside of the building are much better than the inside - a bit to gordy for my liking
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:the cheapest i have got is £400 per night around 2500 Dhs

Thats way below the $1500 - $3000 that is quoted locally, so is that where you are staying next time you are in town?? If so you can invite me over for cocktails, I promise I will behave in a manner befitting the surroundings :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2006
I've stayed there loads of times SGO, it aint all its cracked up to be really. The best bonus is all the toiletries you get for free, and the slippers embroidered in gold 8)

On the downside the butler service can be quite irretating.

I dont do hotels anymore now SGO, since i have my own place on the Marina.

Personally i prefer JBH,
arniegang

Sep 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:I've stayed there loads of times SGO, it aint all its cracked up to be really. The best bonus is all the toiletries you get for free, and the slippers embroidered in gold 8)

I dont do hotels anymore now SGO, since i have my own place on the Marina.

Personally i prefer JBH,

You are not supposed to take the toiletries man, didn't your Mum tell you???

Marina is cool, except they don't have a liquor license.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2006
i dont need a liq licence although i have one, i visit so often i have a huge stockpile brought in via Duty Free

Various DFM'ers have been getting my recent allowances

:D :D
arniegang

Sep 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:i dont need a liq licence although i have one, i visit so often i have a huge stockpile brought in via Duty Free

Various DFM'ers have been getting my recent allowances

:D :D

Sorry m8 misunderstanding, I was actually talking about the various restaurants around the Marina, great food and no beverages.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2006
OIC :lol: :lol:

doesnt bother me that much mate cos i dont drink alcohol anyway, well not for the last 3 years.
arniegang

Re: Is possible visit Burj Al Arab? Sep 01, 2006
robbye wrote:Hi everybody, does someone know if is possible for a turist visit the Burj Al Arab inside and use the skyview bar, take pictures in the hall and so on.... :roll:
Thanks, Roby

You can use the services of a tour company. I had guests sometime ago and had Xtreme Adventure to arrange the visit to the Burj for me.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:The best bonus is all the toiletries you get for free, and the slippers embroidered in gold 8)

Ahh, now we see how similar we are - the best hotels can be judged on what you goodies you can squeeze into your toilet bag, and what other stuff you can get for free!! :lol:
Something I regretted though the last time I stayed in a hotel that had a bath/jacuzzi. Lets just say that the bath oils I'd "acquired" from a hotel in Dubai didn't really mix well with the jacuzzi - I was lucky to get out of the bathroom alive!! :lol:

Oh, and what is wrong with the Butler service at the Burj?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 01, 2006
The toiletries in the Burj are worth around £200

The bulter service can be really in your face sometimes thats all.
arniegang

Sep 01, 2006
arniegang wrote:The toiletries in the Burj are worth around £200

So if I stay there on my next visit to dubai, I'll need to take a really big toilet bag then?? :lol:

£200 - well that's got to be worth a nights stay! I can try and sell the stuff on the market when I get back home! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 01, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:The toiletries in the Burj are worth around £200

So if I stay there on my next visit to dubai, I'll need to take a really big toilet bag then?? :lol:

£200 - well that's got to be worth a nights stay! I can try and sell the stuff on the market when I get back home! :lol:

You guys are really bad :wink: :roll: :wink: :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 02, 2006
best to visit and do brunch now on friday and saturdays

best brunch in dubai 8)
expensive though but quality items foie gras caviar and champagne on arrival 8)
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 03, 2006
the_zooter wrote:As for just looking round, I believe entrance is around 300dhs per person (someone correct me if I'm wrong!).

i think it was just 200dhs.

but i never paid any entrance when i had dinner at al muntaha.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 03, 2006
Hmm...you just need to have a booking for any restaurant/coffee shop inside and then have the establishment send you the invitation by fax,etc. then you can enter and have a picture taking galore inside :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 03, 2006
Correct Zam.

They take your credit card details upon booking to confirm the reservation - used to be 300dhs/person now they only take 200. You can book for afternoon tea etc - cheapest option.

You can take photos inside, just not from the tea room area (signs are clearly posted) and if you want to take pics from the bar on the top floor (views of 'The World' and 'Palm Jumeirah') you need to be there before the bar opens at 6:30pm.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Correct Zam.

They take your credit card details upon booking to confirm the reservation - used to be 300dhs/person now they only take 200. You can book for afternoon tea etc - cheapest option.

You can take photos inside, just not from the tea room area (signs are clearly posted) and if you want to take pics from the bar on the top floor (views of 'The World' and 'Palm Jumeirah') you need to be there before the bar opens at 6:30pm.

Hey XRW,

Is the amount paid offset against a Bar / Restaurant bill?

Thanks
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 03, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Hey XRW,

Thanks

The amount is a guarantee against the booking - same as what hotels do when you check in, and they only debit this amount when you don't turn up for the reservation.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Hey XRW,

Thanks

The amount is a guarantee against the booking - same as what hotels do when you check in, and they only debit this amount when you don't turn up for the reservation.

OK, thanks
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat