Petrol Price To Go Up 100%!!!!!

Topic locked
Petrol Price to go up 100%!!!!! Sep 04, 2005
According to Gulf news and khaleej times, the petrol retailers decided to raise petrol prices by 100%...at first 50% soon and then in MArch by 100%
UAE governemt is triggering riots and severe economic problems. Just a new trick to drive immigrants away and attract western immigrants...
And Oman is UAE's twin
it will copy everything UAE does...
I believe this is a VERY dangerous step of raising prices...They don't know what they are getting themselves into!! UAE's governemt doesn't know anything about politics and the economy.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 04, 2005
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 04, 2005
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/ ... gasprices/

interesting stuff .. Egypt cheaper than Saudi and Kuwait ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2005
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 05, 2005
WTF ???? Now here i am celebrating about me passing my drivers liscense ... because i was thinking no more expensive taxi fares .... NOW PETROL ARE RISNG UP 100% waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! im still screwed !!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaa
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 06, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:WTF ???? Now here i am celebrating about me passing my drivers liscense ... because i was thinking no more expensive taxi fares .... NOW PETROL ARE RISNG UP 100% waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! im still screwed !!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaa

no proble ride a tricycle with three seats and two pedals let those punks - Liban and pumpkin ride em. Atleast they can make themselves of some use.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 06, 2005
bite me
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 06, 2005
When I got home from work last night, my wife demanded
that I take her out to some place expensive...................

So I took her to a petrol station!!!!!!!

:geek:
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 06, 2005
sa4877 wrote:When I got home from work last night, my wife demanded

Damn u should have taken her to Satwa RLD, the rates there are gettng expensive.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 06, 2005
sa4877 wrote:When I got home from work last night, my wife demanded

hahahaahahahahaha
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 06, 2005
fukcing bull shit ,, damn ,,, i am really pissed off ,,, i was annoyed by the fukcing 32% ,,but i will pass away if it goes up more ,, damn ,, this is relly fraustrating :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 07, 2005
Oh stop whining about the petrol going up, it's still damn cheaper than the UK and US where it would cost me 300Dhs to fill up my tank and here it still only costs me 60Dhs!

If anything it's a good thing, more people should use public transport and get that flipping train running. There are too many cars on the road in Dubai and to see 1 person per car all the time is nuts, hasn't anyone heard of car sharing?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 07, 2005
Try coming to Canada and pay $1.40 per litre.......It costs almost $100 to fill up your gas tank now....disgusting.
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 07, 2005
....[/quote]more people should use public transport and get that flipping train running

i would love to use public transport...but where is it....i have heard they are coming up with metro...but when, 2008....i dont know wht the authorities are up to....if locals start investing in public transport...i think the ROCE will be more than those rotating city type sh*tty projects
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

.. Sep 07, 2005
I totally agree. The Public Transport is the crappiest in this city.

If the authorities take care of this, a lot of the problems would be taken care of... including traffic congestions and pollution. There should be more Point-to-Point transportation solution instead of the Municipality buses taking you around the city for a tour.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 07, 2005
kelly1966 wrote:Try coming to Canada and pay $1.40 per litre.......It costs almost $100 to fill up your gas tank now....disgusting.

Heh! Right after the hurricane it blasted up to $1.5/litre.... But our problem is is refinery costs and more importantly TAXES TAXES TAXES on petroleum...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 07, 2005
Is it true the inflated petrol prices are because some of the companies (not all) send their oil to refineries in the far east? If I remember correctly Adnoc and Enoc were willing to keep petrol prices down but others could not keep up due to their expensive refinement process
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 08, 2005
yeah those maggot gulf countries wag their tail if us asks em to increase the output. Recently Qatar donated 100 million dollars to us while didnt pay shit for the iraqi stampede victims. bunch of morons :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 08, 2005
Nik wrote:Is it true the inflated petrol prices are because some of the companies (not all) send their oil to refineries in the far east? If I remember correctly Adnoc and Enoc were willing to keep petrol prices down but others could not keep up due to their expensive refinement process

yes thats true .. they get it from singapore. Its sad, that they dont have refinery capacity to cover such a small country.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re Sep 08, 2005
Guys you are still safe and have cheaper gas rate than us in USA .
The damn gas is still going up. My husband is paying now 3.27 us per /litre and he had to drive 1 and half hour/2 times aday to his work and back home :x
Umass
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 23, 2005
My dad was gona buy me a 6 cylinder car... NOT ANYMORE :cry:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat