People Sharing To Be Fined

Topic locked
People sharing to be fined Oct 27, 2008
Awsome Dubai Municipality! Have you totally lost your minds?

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... Be%20Fined

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2008
they have.. already..... :wink:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
This is idiocy on a whole new level. As has been said before, most people can't afford a Villa on their own.

Rather than drive up the demand for apartments (which I think it is designed to do) it will surely drive people home.

“No more deadlines will be given to the residents of these villas as we have given ample time for them to vacate.”

Wasn't it 60 days or something they gave people? What about the people who had paid a years rent in advance. They gave no advice about how this should be dealt with, and I'm sure the caring landlords were all prepared to return the money.... not.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
the awful one is....

Only one family can live in a single villa.,

buying a big villa and staying with closed relations.,
even though the villa can accommodate more..,

do they imply this as illegal?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
Oh no they're going to be cracking down on shared apartments next, if you read the bottom of the article.

The whole thing is a thinly veiled excuse to try and get people to move to JBR and the Marina, which is virtually empty. However, the prices are so ridiculous there that no-one can afford to move there anyway. Do they even stop to think that if a person COULD afford to live on their own they WOULD?!

I say everyone leave, then they'll learn their lesson.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2008
the scarce will teach them.,

with non-expats., this country will again be a desert with tall buildings (might be a modern desert)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:The whole thing is a thinly veiled excuse to try and get people to move to JBR and the Marina, which is virtually empty. However, the prices are so ridiculous there that no-one can afford to move there anyway. Do they even stop to think that if a person COULD afford to live on their own they WOULD?!

I say everyone leave, then they'll learn their lesson.

Yes, everyone should move to the marina. I live there and my building is half empty. Come keep me company ;-)

But yes, even if some families can get together the 200K+ to get a decent apartment there it is going to be eating into their saving. What's the whole reason people come here? Hint: We're not here for the scenery.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
Dubai is becoming a nightmare, it really is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2008
Then everyone moves to the Marina where there is insufficient parking, not enough access, no metro line...and then everyone will start sharing, 15 to a room and then Municipality will kick everyone out to make them move to the next vacant ghetto in the sky...

Next year we will all be living in Ghantoot!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 27, 2008
<rant> Just where and how do they expect people to live? This question is really getting old. I guess I'll just wait and see. But for sure in the future there're going to be lessons learned by both Dubai Inc. and expats. </rant>
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 27, 2008
I'll go and live in a tent in the desert, but then I'll have to prove I;m the only one living there and that it's in my name and no-one is sharing with me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 28, 2008
Wasn't it 60 days or something they gave people? What about the people who had paid a years rent in advance. They gave no advice about how this should be dealt with, and I'm sure the caring landlords were all prepared to return the money.... not.[/quote]

the dubai municipality and the people who run this emirate couldnt give a flying f*ck about the welfare of anyone but arabs.
they're too f*cking stupid though to realise that soon the tax free benefits of living here will be outweighed by the cost of rent etc, and they will have priced any potential expats into coming and working here... who will do all the jobs the arabs are either to too lazy or uneducated to do then?
james c
Dubai Forum User

Oct 28, 2008
no offence.,

dont slag anyone off.,

everyone is a human....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 28, 2008
Sometimes I look at dubai and start thinking about Beyond Thunderdome. I cant wait to drive around the ruins of Dubai in an ancient lamborghini with a machine gun mounted on a turret. Its possible right?
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 28, 2008
you can drive., but being an ancient vehicle and the machine gun mounted is also very old enough to not function., it wont do any good for you....

:wink:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 28, 2008
Does this only apply if you are renting? What if you share ownership of a property?

Maybe its time for the tenants to dictate rental prices and terms, seeing as there are so many empty places........
Paradox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 28, 2008
JBR??????

Note that most of the guys who share villas cannot probably afford dinner at one of the restaurants at Dubai Marina.

As most have rightly point out, these people share cramped villas because the cannot afford a studio in the first place!!!

Ruthless is understating the attitude from the municipality.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 30, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Sometimes I look at dubai and start thinking about Beyond Thunderdome. I cant wait to drive around the ruins of Dubai in an ancient lamborghini with a machine gun mounted on a turret. Its possible right?

I have seen that on SZR!

However it was a new Lambo. Does that count?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 30, 2008
do the new lambos come with machine guns...?
:shock:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2008
the business sector need to be taking the lead in telling the minucipality to f*** off, because if this goes through as promised, the businesses will lose workers, especially those in the service industry-- tourism, food, transport, etc.

btw, it seem abu dhabi is smarter, they expressly metioned in a report yesterday they will not follow dubai in the one villa one family rule.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2008
dubai-day-by-day change.......
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2008
sharfraz wrote:do the new lambos come with machine guns...?
:shock:

If you can afford the Lambo...you can afford the bullets!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 01, 2008
DPS wrote:JBR??????

Note that most of the guys who share villas cannot probably afford dinner at one of the restaurants at Dubai Marina.

As most have rightly point out, these people share cramped villas because the cannot afford a studio in the first place!!!

Ruthless is understating the attitude from the municipality.

That's a very narrow minded attitude! You seem to assume that only low income workers are sharing villas! Not so! The majority of Westerners in the middle income bracket are sharing, as having a place of their own is too expensive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2008
Villa problem solved and now.........DM and RERA are in discussion to tackle the appartment sharing problem during 2009.
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat