Parking Fines

Topic locked
Parking Fines May 12, 2006
Okay, I live in Al Ain. I am leaving UAE this summer (less than a month). I have a rental car with Abu Dhabi Plates. I just got a 200 dhs parking ticket in Dubai this weekend. Does anyone know if this will catch up with me before I leave? What happens to parking tickets on rentals in Dubai?

Is anyone feeling a bit frustrated by the Parking Stasis in Dubai. I was parked in place that was out of the way, wasn't blocking anyone, there was not a sign that said "no parking" and I bought a ticket and had plenty of time on it!! I am a little peeved! :evil:

What would you do? Any suggestions?

starlick
Dubai Forum Guest

May 13, 2006
Well, since the ticket was issued in Dubai, then you will pay it once u return the car to the rental people. Well, if u go to dubai police web site u can check the fines on a car, and Dubai's (fines) are usually the fastests to be updated on ur record. So whatever you do, u'll pay them !!!
u can't escape that !!! Tough luck pal !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Thanks May 13, 2006
Actually the car rental is in Abu Dhabi. Do you think it will catch up with me when i return the car there??

Thanks
starlick
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Thanks May 13, 2006
starlick wrote:Actually the car rental is in Abu Dhabi. Do you think it will catch up with me when i return the car there??

Thanks

Yes they will, cause the first thing they will do is check for fines online !! even before u return the car they would check on a regular bases to see if u have any fines and sometimes they would give u a call to notify u!!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat