Paranormal Activity.

Topic locked
Paranormal Activity. Feb 06, 2012
I never get to watch TV during the day as I'm usually at work but today I have the pleasure of sittting on the couch watching Good Morning.
They have been talking about ghosts and all sorts of paranormal activity. One man, who owns a pub, says that a picture kept falling off a wall until it finally broke. It was on a hook with string and they were in tact. One lady said a light bulb camel out of it's socket, fell 12ft to the ground and didn't smash. Other people have seen random ghosts dressed in all manner of costumes.

I've never seen a ghost nor witnessed anything dodgy. Have you?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Paranormal Activity. Feb 06, 2012
No, nothing paranormal. Ihad one case of sleep paralysis, which scared the living daylights out of me. That's when your body still thinks you are asleep, but mentally you are consicious. That was just weird all over.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Paranormal Activity. Feb 06, 2012
I have never seen a ghost. But I had a rather weird experience once.

Many years ago I decided (not the first time, and neither the last) to go and save my country.

They put me in charge of a project, and gave me a nice house, and a car with a driver. The car was a white Toyota Corona, and the driver looked a little old to me at the time, but in those days everyone older than 45 appeared old because I was in my early 30's. A colleague told me that the driver was so attached to this car that once when he was transferred to drive the MD's Range Rover, he cried and cried, till he was transferred back to his beloved Toyota! He was not married, and had no close family. Although his duty was 9 to 5, he was always early tinkering around with the Toyota.

Well, one winter night I was woken up at about 2 am by the neighbour's little dog's persitent yapping just outside my bedroom window. It was one of those very clear middle Eastern nights with a full moon and you could see for miles around. I approached the window cautiously. I heard the grunt of the window as if it was being pushed, and the rattle as it was set vibrating. I was sure an intruder was trying to get in. As I came closer, I saw that the window was partially open already, but there was nobody in sight. The little doggy sensed my presence behind the the window, and with a loud sniff, slunk away. I saw the Toyota gleaming in the moonlight. I remember feeling a chill go down my body. It felt very strange.

The driver didnt turn up the next day, so I drove to work. There I learnt that my driver had died in his sleep, probably about 2 am. Probably a stroke or a heart attack. His brother discovered him after hearing him calling.

I have no explanation for this occurence to this day. It may have been pure coincindence. To my mind, it just might have been that even at the moment of dying, he might have decided to pay a final visit to his beloved Toyota! And perhaps to ask me to take good care of it :shock:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Paranormal Activity. Feb 07, 2012
Hey Zonker! That was a spooky tale :shock: I'm looking out of my window now and an owl has just hooted and there's a full moon looking at me through the trees. I think I'll close the curtains.
Good Morning should get you to re-enact the scene for their programme. I know you fancy yourself as a bit of a film producer. If I were you I'd get the doggy to let out a blood curdling YOWLLLLL as you look at the Toyota in the moon light :shock:

--- Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 am ---

Flying Dutchman wrote:Ihad one case of sleep paralysis, which scared the living daylights out of me. That's when your body still thinks you are asleep, but mentally you are consicious. That was just weird all over.

I think that happened to me yesterday FD. I heard someone snoring and there was only me lying on the couch. :P
Bethsmum

:-) You made me laugh this cold morning waiting for the train.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:You made me laugh this cold morning waiting for the train.

Then my work is done.

Have you been treating yourself to an ipad FD?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Have you been treating yourself to an ipad FD?

No, still on the Iphone. My birthday is in a few months. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat