Osama Bin Laden, Have They Got Him?

Topic locked
Osama bin Laden, have they got him? May 02, 2011
Well all the newswires and social networks are buzzing this morning of the death of Osama bin Laden! Obama is to confirm soon

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/ar ... d=10722916

-- Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 am --

Well I guess that speech by Obama will go down as one of his best! and no surprises he was eventually found in Pakistan either.

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Osama Bin Laden, Have They Got Him? May 02, 2011
Amazing news, eh? Definitely not surprising that he was found in Pakistan.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Osama bin Laden, have they got him? May 02, 2011
Well Obama said it, so I guess it must be true.

Love to hear the details from someone on the ground...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Justice has been served, a thug and murderer has been taken out
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Hey Herve! how's the submarine business coming along?

:lol:
Dillon

herve wrote:Justice has been served, a thug and murderer has been taken out
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

And now buried at sea according to Sky news! The Muslims won't like that one bit! Aren't they supposed to be buried in the ground? LOL

I do say I have to felt sorry for Sky's correspondent in Washington who kept refering to Osama as Obama LOL
Bethsmum

its great news I guess, but I guess the coming actions needs to be quick and firmly pushing on holding fires from both sides, I am worried if they kill one Bin Laden and have 100 Bin Laden born...

I have no idea how that can be done, but there must be a way for that.. any ideas!!!!
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/how-osama-bin-laden-found

Was he really buried at sea?

Confirmed on TV. Apparently they didn't want to give him a proper burial as his followers would see it as a shrine.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

And lets hope they stuff all orifices with food items from the pork shop to ensure his sinking to the seabed is fully accompanied.

Do the promised virgins have snorkels?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

The head honcho taken out, but depressingly, so many are waiting to fill his place... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11489337
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Yep, as BBC said, Osama may be dead but his legacy lives on and Islamic extemism is more trendy then it has ever been due to his exploits.
benwj

And he had 10 years to continue cultivating and spread his hatred.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

kanelli wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/how-osama-bin-laden-found

Was he really buried at sea?

Most probably not

..The location was not revealed. "We don't want a bunch of people going to the shrine forever," an official told the Washington Post....

Bull$hit ! , No images of the body, no proper identification, they might as well have said that "Santa Claus was the key operative in having him transported to never-land in the center of the ocean !!!
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I really don't know why they don't provide the photo or video evidence. If I were to entertain a conspiracy theory, perhaps it is that Osama is being help captive and being interrogated and isn't really dead, at least not yet.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I'm sure EH will let us know if he is alive or dead, and if dead what they really did with the body. :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yes he is dead, there are photos and he was dumped at sea, mainly because nobody wanted his body where all the nut jobs would congregate to worship him.

Here you go:

http://photoideas.in/2011/05/last-image ... shot-dead/
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oh dear. Those have been circulating all over the internet - they were photoshopped. Larger pics show the mouth and beard are identical. This is the first I have seen the middle photo, but if you read further in what you posted you will find out how they were done.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ok, but there are photos. I know people who've seen them and had the whole debrief on the entire situation - as part of their job.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Yes, those photos are fakes that have been circulating the internet.

Chocs, any news on when they'll release any photos or video to the public? The US military showed Saddam's sons' corpses almost immediately after the deaths. I'm not sure why they aren't providing the proof of Osama's death yet.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Not that I am questioning anyone;s credibility of their own "sources" , However all the statements were made by an "official", Until any sort of tangible identification is produced , the armed forces might as well have shot some innocent imam , who had no idea WTF was going on
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:Ok, but there are photos. I know people who've seen them and had the whole debrief on the entire situation - as part of their job.

Really? That's amazin!
Bethsmum

Mahmoud04 wrote:its great news I guess, but I guess the coming actions needs to be quick and firmly pushing on holding fires from both sides, I am worried if they kill one Bin Laden and have 100 Bin Laden born...

I have no idea how that can be done, but there must be a way for that.. any ideas!!!!

Very true! Although it is good news but bottom line is they just killed one single exhausted cornered isolated guy, tomorrow there could be 10, 100 or 1000 more of such ... then what?

Unfortunately Bin ladenism is alive.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

kanelli wrote:Yes, those photos are fakes that have been circulating the internet.

Chocs, any news on when they'll release any photos or video to the public? The US military showed Saddam's sons' corpses almost immediately after the deaths. I'm not sure why they aren't providing the proof of Osama's death yet.

I'm the dark as much as anyone else K, I just know that there are photos and those that are in the know have seen them and had a full debrief of the situation. But apart from that I'm not privy to any other info.

Now one thing that kinda doesn't sit right, is one report said there was a DNA test to verify his ID - so where did the original DNA material come from? Because you do have to have something to compare it to.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Maybe his father volunteered his DNA? Or any one of the family members who disowned him?

As for the US sharing info, that info is shared only at the very highest levels. Highly unlikely those at that level are going to chat about what info they are privy to.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Maybe his father volunteered his DNA? Or any one of the family members who disowned him?

As for the US sharing info, that info is shared only at the very highest levels. Highly unlikely those at that level are going to chat about what info they are privy to.

No comment :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

zubber wrote:Bull$hit ! , No images of the body, no proper identification, they might as well have said that "Santa Claus was the key operative in having him transported to never-land in the center of the ocean !!!

:lol: :lol: You're damn right man. Who's to say it's just an election gimmick? Let's give it some time and hopefully the American press will release more info.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

I for one admire the guy ! a simple person who made a joke out of world powers and their machines , they wasted billions of tax payers money down the drain to build “democracy”, they could’ve spent those billions to great jobs for the Afghanies and he would’ve been left with no soldiers .. rest in peace osama .
http://costofwar.com/en/
uaekid

uaekid wrote:I for one admire the guy ! a simple person who made a joke out of world powers and their machines , they wasted billions of tax payers money down the drain to build “democracy”, they could’ve spent those billions to great jobs for the Afghanies and he would’ve been left with no soldiers .. rest in peace osama .

You're sick in the head Kid, I hope you never come face to face with someone who's had loved ones murdered by that piece of crap!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
uaekid wrote:I for one admire the guy ! a simple person who made a joke out of world powers and their machines , they wasted billions of tax payers money down the drain to build “democracy”, they could’ve spent those billions to great jobs for the Afghanies and he would’ve been left with no soldiers .. rest in peace osama .

You're sick in the head Kid, I hope you never come face to face with someone who's had loved ones murdered by that piece of crap!

you ppl created this monstor hon, not us, read history...they had to clean their shi.... but it came with a heavy price this time :)
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat