Open Message To Snow

Topic locked
Open Message to Snow Apr 26, 2009
It is with humility that I write this to you. I am making this public as a number of people have seen the exchanges between us.

While being on this forum I have gained the utmost respect for several of the members, who shall go unnamed. I believe that the majority of us agree to disagree at times. We debate, we banter, we tend to humorously go at each other. But at the end of it, no one takes it personal. Your idea of a good time is to try to stir something up between other posters.

You obviously take your approach to the forum on a personal level and have demonstrated a very negative childish attitude. I have yet to read anything by you that has any substance, is positive or shows any level of respectable intellect. I have to admit that you are the first, and I will make it a point to be the last, to bring out the nasty in me. You have felt the sting of my tongue and I could have continued but thought about how I would be stepping down to your level. Hence, I will avoid future exchanges with you.

The mere fact that you use me in your undertag defines you. As I said elsewhere, I don't know if I should be flattered or scared by your personal interest in me. Please feel free to continue to use your undertag.

Bora Bora

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 27, 2009
Yeah, best to ignore him/her. Sometimes it is so tempting to give a tongue lashing, but in the end it is just a waste of time. I don't always follow my own advice, but am trying as well :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 27, 2009
Bora, I did not see any exchanges between you and snow. Your posts have always been calm and unprovoking.

This would be a fine forum if more members acted with the same respect.

/nice
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 27, 2009
Ever heard of the saying "Birds of the same feather flock together"...

People come, people go in this forum.

When posts undergo degeneration, sensible people hibernates.

...and so I thought, hibernation is best at this time!
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 27, 2009
An open thread for Snow! And she's yet to respond.
Here's a push up, just to make sure Snow does not miss it!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2009
I think this is spoken from the heart people!

I've been on this forum for like four months now and I truly appreciate Bora's posts at all times and she's great.

I support you girl! You got my vote.

Snow should really respond to this and let her see what she is really worth. The least she can do is stop the personal attacks in her undertag.

Cheers Bora.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 28, 2009
Well I honestly don't think this is sincere at all! BB is still attacking Snow at the same time as trying to let by-gones be by-gones. Better to have just not said anything at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
how many rounds are expected?

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
whats the ruckuss here
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
Lol. All the stuff you said in your "dying for attention" posts...it definitely applies to someone else and not me.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2009
Snow wrote:Lol. All the stuff you said in your "dying for attention" posts...it definitely applies to someone else and not me.

You are so full of bull you know that. I think it says more about you. :idea:
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well I honestly don't think this is sincere at all! BB is still attacking Snow at the same time as trying to let by-gones be by-gones. Better to have just not said anything at all.

You are one bad woman! :wink: I don't think Bora will offer you another box of chocolates just to have fun together...

...Where's you're heart Chocs? Show it to me, for once !! 8)
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
Snow wrote:Lol. All the stuff you said in your "dying for attention" posts...it definitely applies to someone else and not me.

I don't know who's dying for attention here, but one things for certain, this thread definately applies to you and only you....now don't run away girl!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2009
Well i guess snow has an accismus with bora bora
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well I honestly don't think this is sincere at all! BB is still attacking Snow at the same time as trying to let by-gones be by-gones. Better to have just not said anything at all.

Chocs

I had no intention of posting on this thread in response to anyone. But I don't think you can see that I was being gracious in my statement and sincere. And since writing the statement I have totally avoided any exchange with her. And I am not trying to let by-gones be by-gones. It was not a peace offering, an apology, not an attack - just stating the facts in a STATEMENT.

Unfortunately you just don't see it the way others do. So I guess that says something about you. Obviously you don't have a problem with her using her undertag for personal use.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
its actually one on one then

why bring others?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
sharfraz wrote:its actually one on one then

why bring others?

:?

will you please read my statement. You obviously have no idea of the history. I am not looking to bring others into it. And if you read everything you would have noticed that the person it was addressed to responded - and obviously she could not rise to the occasion.

We are responsible for our actions as well as our words. I went over the line and took responsibility.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
hey dudette,

me adding some comedy to it!!!!

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Apr 28, 2009
sharfraz wrote:hey dudette,

me adding some comedy to it!!!!

thank you sharf but there is nothing humorous about it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
Hey BB,

You said somewhere you were a New Yorker. Right??

If you’re from NY, you know all about “an eye for an eye” and “do unto others as they do unto you!”

So, get your claws out sweetheart and simply use a similar signature, or an under tag as you called it, to get back at her.

And you will win, because you post much more than she does (is she a girl, BTW?) Your signature will be seen by more! :) :)

Honestly, I am not “an eye for an eye” type of person. No need to get yourself all stirred up over it. Just ignore the whole thing, and eventually she’ll clam down, come to her senses, and pull out that awful signature on her own! Or she may go away altogether!

BTW, I liked your statement. Sensible and well written!

Snow, you made things worse by using that distasteful signature. Pull it out dear and keep arguing with BB all you want, but on specific points and specific posts, not using such a constant inappropriate attack! I’m sure you can defend yourself well without having to resort to something like this!

Cheers!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 28, 2009
So BB basically you are gunning for a fight and looking for Snow to 'rise to the occassion'? Well doesn't that take you down to her level? I think it does.

And no I don't see things like everyone else, because I see straight through the BS. You were seeking attention with your post, you got it! From everyoen bar the person you wanted it from the most.

IMHO - pathetic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:So BB basically you are gunning for a fight and looking for Snow to 'rise to the occassion'? Well doesn't that take you down to her level? I think it does.

And no I don't see things like everyone else, because I see straight through the BS. You were seeking attention with your post, you got it! From everyoen bar the person you wanted it from the most.

IMHO - pathetic.

The one being pathetic is you and Snow. Go powder your nose with Snow and alikes.
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:So BB basically you are gunning for a fight and looking for Snow to 'rise to the occassion'? Well doesn't that take you down to her level? I think it does.

IMHO - pathetic.

Rise to the occasion means do the right thing.
Read back Chocs. You are really embarrassing yourself.
And for the record, you are not amongst the unnamed rest assured of that.

And I don't understand why you want to stir things up. Is it getting too dull for you? I make a statement and you have to attack me? Good going. And there is nothing humble about you dear.

This is not a tactic for attention. We know what those tactics look like as you have so well demonstrated on your posts.

One other point, how nice to see a MOD bring down a thread.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:We are responsible for our actions as well as our words.

But some do post like there wouldn't be any consequences of their nasty words or personal attacks. Ignore them Bora, shouldn't punish yourself with their faults.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 28, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:We are responsible for our actions as well as our words.

But some do post like there wouldn't be any consequences of their nasty words or personal attacks. Ignore them Bora, shouldn't punish yourself with their faults.

I guess the real character personalities come floating above from this kind of threads. You see the loving ones and the careless ones.

That alone is something we could all learn from this! :idea:
RobbyG

Apr 28, 2009
As someone who gets attacked but perseveres, I'm on Chocs with this one. I think Bora Bora should look within herself, not to say Snow is an innocent either. There are 2 sides to this story.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
puppypup wrote:As someone who gets attacked but perseveres, I'm on Chocs with this one. I think Bora Bora should look within herself, not to say Snow is an innocent either. There are 2 sides to this story.

Well, as you say, there are two sides. And you support the side you did hear from. There's alot of logic in that. The whole point of the statement was looking within myself. I was extremely nasty to Snow and acknowledge it. How many other people could stand up and do the same? With you it was always playful banter, along with everyone else who bantered with you. You cannot single me out on that.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 28, 2009
But that's the point isn't it? You admitted your fault - and good on you for that, however you still continued your attack, which makes the admission worthless.

And no 'rising to the occassion' the way you put it, came across like you were asking for a slanging match, so maybe you should review howq you portray yourself in your message.

I really don't care you think of me to be honest, and being a mod has nothing to do with it, I'm voicing MY opinion - end of!

You made a statement, so what? What was the point of it, if nothing but to get a reaction, well congrats you did, and...... so what?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2009
Ahh!!... I would Just say!!... Cool down n Just take it easy!.. it's a Forum Not a Fight Club!... who ever pointing somone Just accept the resposibilty n stay as freind's!!........ Life Is short People!!........ Stay happy how Much you Can!!.............
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 28, 2009
do what's you like, i thank
hidnick
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat