One Life To Live

Topic locked
One Life to Live May 10, 2010
What's the one thing you've done just for yourself. The pursuit of a life long dream, an ambition! Better still done any of it in Dubai? Personally my short stint in Dubai was super uneventful. Always wanted to play at pubs there but that did'nt work out.
But I did start triathlon training in Abu-Dhabi and that was brilliant.

Now the next big thing for me would be to travel 1400 kms, by road to the Himalayas traversing Baralacha pass which is a high mountain pass at 16,040 the highest traversable road in the world. The norm is for groups of bikers to do so on Enfield's or Yamaha's. I plan to procure a rickshaw, modify it and complete the journey. I hope to at least begin this before 2011.

So anyone else pursued a dream or anything just for the purpose of satisfaction? Doesn't have to be wild or crazy, could be anything. (posting retarded pics on FB not included :lol:)

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: One Life to Live May 10, 2010
you being sarcastic about the rickshaw right??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: One Life to Live May 11, 2010
rudeboy wrote:you being sarcastic about the rickshaw right??

Nopes ,dead serious! But it has to be modified right, totally change the shape, only maintain the wheelbase. Don't imagine the same dingy looking rics we often see, I plan to totally revamp it, increase the displacement. Working on it right now. The best part is that the whole concept seems pretty affordable.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: One Life to Live May 11, 2010
Maybe when I hit my mid life crisis I might try something like this.
But I'll probably just go out ans buy an Audi TT instead.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: One Life to Live May 12, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote:What's the one thing you've done just for yourself. The pursuit of a life long dream, an ambition! Better still done any of it in Dubai? Personally my short stint in Dubai was super uneventful. Always wanted to play at pubs there but that did'nt work out.
But I did start triathlon training in Abu-Dhabi and that was brilliant.

Now the next big thing for me would be to travel 1400 kms, by road to the Himalayas traversing Baralacha pass which is a high mountain pass at 16,040 the highest traversable road in the world. The norm is for groups of bikers to do so on Enfield's or Yamaha's. I plan to procure a rickshaw, modify it and complete the journey. I hope to at least begin this before 2011.

So anyone else pursued a dream or anything just for the purpose of satisfaction? Doesn't have to be wild or crazy, could be anything. (posting retarded pics on FB not included :lol:)

Check out www.theadventurists.com...I am a member!

Been invited to do the Himalayan odessey by the Enfield Owners Club but can't make it due to work commitments here. Will do a visit to the factory in Chennai at some point instead.

I have just one thing left on my 'Life List' and ticked the boxes on all the rest. I have a mid-life crisis every year!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: One Life to Live May 12, 2010
benwj wrote:Maybe when I hit my mid life crisis I might try something like this.

mid-life crisis already??? Maybe if I was dead by 46 :shock:

-- Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm --

Dubai Knight wrote:Check out http://www.theadventurists.com...I am a member!

Been invited to do the Himalayan odessey by the Enfield Owners Club but can't make it due to work commitments here. Will do a visit to the factory in Chennai at some point instead.

I have just one thing left on my 'Life List' and ticked the boxes on all the rest. I have a mid-life crisis every year!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Ni-iiceee! The rickshaw run had me salivating. What a fab concept and the pics reflect that.
So what's left on ur list then? Even more interesting what's been already ticked off???? :pirate:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: One Life to Live May 15, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote:
benwj wrote:Maybe when I hit my mid life crisis I might try something like this.

mid-life crisis already??? Maybe if I was dead by 46 :shock:

-- Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm --

Dubai Knight wrote:Check out http://www.theadventurists.com...I am a member!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Ni-iiceee! The rickshaw run had me salivating. What a fab concept and the pics reflect that.
So what's left on ur list then? Even more interesting what's been already ticked off???? :pirate:

The only thing left...is to go into space.

Apparently you have to hit 105,000 feet and I have only done 60,000.

I originally wrote the list when I was about 16 or 17 and most of them were fairly easy to notch up. A few of them took longer until 2 years ago when I finally ticked off the second last item:

I drove a Formula 1 car! 5 laps of Magny Cour Grand Prix circuit in France in a Williams, clocked at 302kmph on the straight.

The list that has been ticked off is far too long and debauched!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

I've also ticked off most of the stuff but then new ones keep poping up. Damn !

Although one thing I've always wanted to do is the cross the Rub Al Khali overland. Kinda Impossible now as the borders are closed and most of it is declared off limits :(
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I've also ticked off most of the stuff but then new ones keep poping up. Damn !

Although one thing I've always wanted to do is the cross the Rub Al Khali overland. Kinda Impossible now as the borders are closed and most of it is declared off limits :(

Where there is a will, there is a way. I have found that you never find out what is possible until you ask.

My next one is to ride my Enfield from here...to Beijing!

In the planning stages now and everything is pretty cool once I get past the Iran/Iraq problem.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

I'm not even going to attempt talking to the saudi authorities. I rather go hit my head on a wall, will be more fruitfull
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I'm not even going to attempt talking to the saudi authorities. I rather go hit my head on a wall, will be more fruitfull

You want a contact with ultimate wasta? PM me!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat