OMG It's Raining, I'd Better Drive Into The Barrier

Topic locked
OMG it's raining, I'd better drive into the barrier Nov 16, 2008
Everyone see the carnage on the roads this morning? My friend saw 5 accidents on the way from Dubai to Shahama, and I saw a couple including one definite fatality where someone wrapped their Landcruiser around a pole. That one was 'cause of driving too fast on wet roads, plain and simple.

I thought everyone knew that the first rain for a while makes the road extra slippery, so you should slow down. Here it makes a certain type of person drive faster or something.

Plus how do you crash on a straight stretch of road, ie SZR? Even if you take your hands off the wheel it would take a while to crash, yet lots of people manage it, judging by the holes in the barrier on straight sections of SZR.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 16, 2008
In šāʾ Allāh "If it is God's will"

some think god is driving with them .... but i think even God would get out of the car when your doing over 180kph on a wet road in a Hummer !! :shock:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2008
I like the rain.

It makes it easier to spin my wheels away from the lights!

I must be local!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 16, 2008
its sad that some guys are so bl**dy stupid to drive like maniacs. thats probably coz licenses are just thrown at them without measuring their common sense.

When it rains, you DO NOT drive like a maniac. When it is the first rain - just started, thats the worst time.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 17, 2008
When people go to pass their driving tests they need to be put though something like a skidpan to help them understand what driving in the rain is like. Something so simple as a little extra training will surely cut road deaths in the UAE when the roads are wet (which I know, is not very often but when it happens people become clueless as to how to drive).

RossBaku :-D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 17, 2008
rossbaku wrote:When people go to pass their driving tests .....

They have driving tests over here? :lol:
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2008
seardarren wrote:
rossbaku wrote:When people go to pass their driving tests .....

They have driving tests over here? :lol:

Its multiple guess and cheating is allowed!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 17, 2008
when you buy a 4WD with tinned windows the License is thrown in for free I hear :wink:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2008
wow people must be really bad drivers down there, I thought it was self explanatory that when it rains the road gets slippery! I wouldn't wanna see them driving on black ice!
Pimpin80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2008
Give those drivers a break. Most of them probably did not experience driving on a wet road before, or worse doesn't know the effect of rain water on asphalt.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 18, 2008
you guys wish you have our driving skills :) did you guys see yourselves driving ? sticking your eyes in the front wind shields ... your chest is sticking to steering wheel loooooooooool all you guys are good at is waiting for an empty parking and get so exited finding win LOOOOL
most of the accidents are caused by you, I guess you need time to get use to modern roads LOOOOL ohh well ..

we rock and roll baby, check us out on youtube losers :)

I love rain too, it gives me a chance to miss with ppl like Dubai Knight

and splashing you while waiting for the public bus LOOOOOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 19, 2008
uaekid wrote:you guys wish you have our driving skills :) did you guys see yourselves driving ? sticking your eyes in the front wind shields ... your chest is sticking to steering wheel loooooooooool all you guys are good at is waiting for an empty parking and get so exited finding win LOOOOL
most of the accidents are caused by you, I guess you need time to get use to modern roads LOOOOL ohh well ..

we rock and roll baby, check us out on youtube losers :)

I love rain too, it gives me a chance to miss with ppl like Dubai Knight

and splashing you while waiting for the public bus LOOOOOOOOL

You must be 'The Kid' who went past me last night in the hard shoulder at 220kmph and then weaved in and out of 4 lanes of moving traffic before taking a hard right into the gas station on the way back from Abu Dhabi in a silver SZ71 pick up? I stopped too. The guy looked about 12 years old and was in such a fired up hurry to buy...strawberry flavoured pink milk!

If so, get a life...before you lose this one

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 19, 2008
i dint buy a 4wd....i'm not an alien to tint my windows... 8) :wink:

my car tyres are michelin energy summer ones not winter tyres...

just changed a month back...

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 24, 2008
Advance warning - Rain on thursday!

:iroc:
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 24, 2008
seardarren wrote:Advance warning - Rain on thursday!

:iroc:

wat about the weekend?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 24, 2008
Anyone who crashes on a straight road probably deserves to crash - not much else you can say. If they don't have the sense to slow down in wet weather it's their life they're playing with - let them get on with it. Although they are recklessly endangering others - so maybe anyone who causes a crash in the rain, on a straight road, needs a jail sentence.
nachovx
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 25, 2008
I would love to see how some of these straight road crashes happen.

4 wide lanes, dead straight for kilometres then suddenly tire marks and some missing barrier. What the hell happened?

My guess is tailgaiting too close and accidentally hitting the person in front. Or maybe trying to answer the phone while eating and changing the radio. Or maybe their windows are tinted so dark that they can't actually see out. ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 25, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:I would love to see how some of these straight road crashes happen.

4 wide lanes, dead straight for kilometres then suddenly tire marks and some missing barrier. What the hell happened?

My guess is tailgaiting too close and accidentally hitting the person in front. Or maybe trying to answer the phone while eating and changing the radio. Or maybe their windows are tinted so dark that they can't actually see out. ha!

Trying to drift in and out of the trucks in their Toyota Camry's...

The mystery of the truck completely on its roof in the middle of a 3 mile straight section of the Emirates Road with no skid marks or signs of a collision is still puzzling me too...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 25, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
The mystery of the truck completely on its roof in the middle of a 3 mile straight section of the Emirates Road with no skid marks or signs of a collision is still puzzling me too...

Aliens. Watch the skies people.

:alien:
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Aliens. Watch the skies people.

:alien:

Aliens? What, Kuwaitis?

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat