OBL! At Home.

Topic locked
OBL! At Home. May 08, 2011
Original reports said OBL was living in a million dollar house 60 miles outside of Islamanad.

I'm not sure what a million dollars buys by way of a place in Pakistan but I really expected more of a palatial spot for our friend Osama!

Here he is in his study, sitting on the floor wrapped in a blanket. And he dyed his beard! LOL.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: OBL! At Home. May 08, 2011
I'm thinking it's a misprint. It wasn't 1 million USD, it was 1 million rupee, which comes out to 11,819 USD, which looks more likely when you look at that hovel!!! For that price I'm sure it included the furniture!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:)

Well, let me state the obvious - I'm glad that Bin Laden was caught, and shed no tears that he was killed. I denounce the minority of Muslims who revere him - they are as distasteful as the minority of Jews who revere Baruch Goldstein (both being religously motivated terrorists) - both doing a disservice to their respective religions.

What is heartening is that it is pretty clear from reliable news reports that the outcry over the death is very limited - some protests in Pakistan only bringing out as few as 50 people, for example.

As many commentators have pointed out, Bin Laden and his mythology and signficance are being hyped - and by both sides! The religious nutters on the one hand who idolise him, and the Islamphobes on the other hand who seem to be a very confused lot at the moment! ;)

The videos (but no sound) don't seem to tie in with the initial propaganda (luxurious mansion) or the latest hype (Al Qaida control centre). Nor, interestingly, are they of him cowering in a cave either!

I too would have preferred him to go on trial and be exposed for what he is - and by all means sentenced to death for his crimes. I think it unfortunate that the manner of his death and burial are just invitations for conspiracy nuts of all colours!

Obama has come out of this quite well though - no wonder the right-wing loons are chasing their tails! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

are we supposed to believe this?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Welcome back Shaf!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Well we all know what went through his mind at the last moment: An American bullet!!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Did you know that an anagram of "Osama Bin Laden"is ................."Lob da man in sea"???

Maybe that's why the watery grave......
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Bora Bora wrote:I'm thinking it's a misprint. It wasn't 1 million USD, it was 1 million rupee, which comes out to 11,819 USD, which looks more likely when you look at that hovel!!! For that price I'm sure it included the furniture!!!

I still have my stash of 85.000 Indonisian thingys. I think i'll make a bid! I'm not bothered about the furniture though :cry:

-- Sun May 08, 2011 2:55 pm --

kanelli wrote:Welcome back Shaf!

Hey K! you forgot to tell him to update his foe list! He's posting on one of BM's topics! and so are you! LOL :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Like I said earlier I would have liked to see him captured, hear his side of the story. Why he did, what he did and how he rationalised it. I think the biggest revenge would have been to make him realise what he did was wrong and that he wasted his life fighting for the wrong cause and then either sent to the gallows or to live out the rest of his life in the gallows.

Many people who have been found totaly innocent have suffered much more and worse in hell holes like Gitmo. He was killed out of the blue without any warning while living his life. Thats an easy out if you ask me.

Also just thinking wouldn't he be able to provide a lot more intel if captured alive ? Afterall he was the head of the organisation that started this whole war on terror bussiness ? Just sayin' .

Reiterating my earlier thoughts that OBL got exactly what he wanted, to be "martyred" by an infidels bullet going down in a blaze of glory and gain legendary status among his followers.

Also there is a lot of conflicting reports comming out. Maybe its just the fog of war ? Because I heard on BBC from some American CIA something something that he had reports from OBL's wife who was captured alive that they had moved into that compound not too long ago. While many like the video linked here says he had been hiding out there for anywhere from 5 to 6 years ?

I'll guess we will just have to wait for the dust to settle.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote: He was killed out of the blue without any warning while living his life. Thats an easy out if you ask me.

And so were 3000 people in the Twin Towers. He was a mass murderer and got his just desserts. In fact he was treated more humanly than the poor people who leaped to their deaths trying to escape the burning buildings.
it doesn't surprise me that you try to defend him, you are truely unbelievable.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote: He was killed out of the blue without any warning while living his life. Thats an easy out if you ask me.

And so were 3000 people in the Twin Towers. He was a mass murderer and got his just desserts. In fact he was treated more humanly than the poor people who leaped to their deaths trying to escape the burning buildings.

And you truly don't have a single working gray cell in that soaked sponge in your skull.

What is more terrifying, to have your life just go out in a snuff, like your walking on the sideway and a piano falls on you and kills you. Or being in solitary knowing how and when your going to die.

For me its the latter. And if you don't have a clue watch some documentries about how prisoners are kept in solitary in supermax prisons like ADX Florence where such prisoners are incarcerated. That is a life not worth living.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

And you truly don't have a single working gray cell in that soaked sponge in your skull.

What is more terrifying, to have your life just go out in a snuff, like your walking on the sideway and a piano falls on you and kills you. Or being in solitary knowing how and when your going to die.

For me its the latter. And if you don't have a clue watch some documentries about how prisoners are kept in solitary in supermax prisons like ADX Florence where such prisoners are incarcerated. That is a life not worth living.

Stop trying to wriggle out of your post Munchkin! He was killed out of the blue while living his life smacks of someone feeling sorry for a mass murderer of 3000 unsuspecting people going about their daily business.
I'm afraid I have a few more brain cells than you give me credit for, whilst you are brain washed.
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:Like I said earlier I would have liked to see him captured, hear his side of the story. Why he did, what he did and how he rationalised it. I think the biggest revenge would have been to make him realise what he did was wrong and that he wasted his life fighting for the wrong cause and then either sent to the gallows or to live out the rest of his life in the gallows.

Many people who have been found totaly innocent have suffered much more and worse in hell holes like Gitmo. He was killed out of the blue without any warning while living his life. Thats an easy out if you ask me.

Also just thinking wouldn't he be able to provide a lot more intel if captured alive ? Afterall he was the head of the organisation that started this whole war on terror bussiness ? Just sayin' .

Reiterating my earlier thoughts that OBL got exactly what he wanted, to be "martyred" by an infidels bullet going down in a blaze of glory and gain legendary status among his followers.

Also there is a lot of conflicting reports comming out. Maybe its just the fog of war ? Because I heard on BBC from some American CIA something something that he had reports from OBL's wife who was captured alive that they had moved into that compound not too long ago. While many like the video linked here says he had been hiding out there for anywhere from 5 to 6 years ?

I'll guess we will just have to wait for the dust to settle.

He was a raving lunatic!!! The only thing he "realized" is that he killed thousands of people and that was his mission. Really, can anyone get through to someone who is so fanatical and crazy? Sounds like you might be a follower in mourning Dude, or at the very least sympathizing over the loss of OBL. :shock:

Example: Charles Manson. Do you think he ever realized what he did? Do you think he will ever realize why he is in prison? The guy is a nut job!!!

And what do you mean it came of out the blue? He was given the choice to surrender or be shot!! It was his call. Better to be seen as a dead martyr than to surrender to the enemy??? As far as him giving up information, I don't think that even waterboarding would get him to talk.

As for what he wife is saying, who is being held by the Pakistanis, sure she's going to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :roll: :roll: Just like the Pakistanis who didn't know where he was. :drunken: :drunken:

BTW, how do you know Gitmo is a hell hole? Have you been there? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well the Pakistanis seem reluctant to hand his wife over to anyone else, let's see what happens with one. As I've said several times before, there was no way he was going to be taken alive, too much of a risk of nutters taking hostages elsewhere in a bid to get him freed - no one was going to risk that.

He's dead, gone to a watery grave.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

He's probably giving the fish of the Indian Ocean indigestion.

:x :x :x

Knight
Dubai Knight

Bora Bora wrote:He was a raving lunatic!!! The only thing he "realized" is that he killed thousands of people and that was his mission. Really, can anyone get through to someone who is so fanatical and crazy? Sounds like you might be a follower in mourning Dude, or at the very least sympathizing over the loss of OBL. :shock:

Example: Charles Manson. Do you think he ever realized what he did? Do you think he will ever realize why he is in prison? The guy is a nut job!!!

And what do you mean it came of out the blue? He was given the choice to surrender or be shot!! It was his call. Better to be seen as a dead martyr than to surrender to the enemy??? As far as him giving up information, I don't think that even waterboarding would get him to talk.

As for what he wife is saying, who is being held by the Pakistanis, sure she's going to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :roll: :roll: Just like the Pakistanis who didn't know where he was. :drunken: :drunken:

BTW, how do you know Gitmo is a hell hole? Have you been there? :lol:

Its pretty hard to get through to Americans about international issues in normal times let alone when they are in a mob mentality fervour jumping up and down with chants of U S A ..U S A. Once this "euphoria" dies and when you sit back and think about it, maybe then.

You have misintrepeted my post in most extreme way possible ( due to some past issues maybe ? ) If you actually read what I've said in this post and the other one. What I have said is what basically killing OBL in a firefight has done is giving him exactly what he wanted. From a line taken from the Young guns II sound track "staring down a bullet, let me make my final stand" and thats how his ilk with see it as.

Like also mentioned before break down the man in public, de-mystify the myth of this elusive man who managed to escape the biggest man hunt by the "most powerfull" nation for over a decade. Then send him to gallows Saddam Hussain-esq style.

First time I've heard that he was given a choice but again like I've already said there are a lot of conflicting reports comming out so we'll just have to wait to have the official story handed to us. I've heard its a was a strictly kill mission as ordered by the president. Then I heard he was shot in a fire fight. Then I heard that if had given himself he would have been taken alive. Then I heard he was unarmed etc etc etc etc........

I guess the end point is he is dead and got what he deserved.

-- Sun May 08, 2011 10:53 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:There was no way he was going to be taken alive, too much of a risk of nutters taking hostages elsewhere in a bid to get him freed - no one was going to risk that.

Well there are now threats of revenge from the same ?

Chocoholic wrote:He's dead, gone to a watery grave.

Amen to that,
desertdudeshj

More U turns than Tony Blair! :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Re: OBL! At Home. May 09, 2011
More hot air than the Hindenburg. Ofcourse being a wind bag an all.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:More hot air than the Hindenburg. Ofcourse being a wind bag an all.

Munchkinnnnn! Come here and give old Aunty BM a very big hug X
Bethsmum

DDS, just add them to your foe list to avoid flaming.

I think that even if they arrested OBL he would have been a martyr anyway. It is without a shadow of a doubt that he was guilty, and guarding him and sending him to trial would cost many millions of dollars. OBL has already cost several governments billions! The practical thing to do was to kill him and be done with him.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^K - my view is that had he been arrested then there would be fewer conspiracies floating around today. I don't think there would be a spate of hostage taking etc... the nutters hardly need another excuse for their terrorism.

Conspiracy nuts in Europe and the US are bandying around notions that OBL actually died 7 years ago etc.. and basically any new information that comes out now (given the delay) will be suspected of the CIA Hollywood treatment (aka as the 'Memri-fication' of evidence) :)

But at the core, OBL would probably have wished for this type of death. A trial and an execution would have been more humiliating, IMO.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I wonder if it has to do with Pakistan. If OBL was kept alive and talking, perhaps he'd turn on Pakistan and spill the beans publicly about their involvement with him and jeopardize US and Pakistan's relations as the US still views Pakistan as an ally. (Don't ask me why! I'm thinking Pakistan should get a visit from all the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq!)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:DDS, just add them to your foe list to avoid flaming.

I think that even if they arrested OBL he would have been a martyr anyway. It is without a shadow of a doubt that he was guilty, and guarding him and sending him to trial would cost many millions of dollars. OBL has already cost several governments billions! The practical thing to do was to kill him and be done with him.

How do you know its flaming if you cant read what is written?
As far as I'm concerned I made a legitimate response to DDS's support for OBL, when he name called, I ignored it. Is that flaming?

And can someone explain to me how you can reply to a topic when you cant read the OP :?
Bethsmum

kanelli wrote:I wonder if it has to do with Pakistan. If OBL was kept alive and talking, perhaps he'd turn on Pakistan and spill the beans publicly about their involvement with him and jeopardize US and Pakistan's relations as the US still views Pakistan as an ally. (Don't ask me why! I'm thinking Pakistan should get a visit from all the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq!)

That's probably not far from the truth K. Pakistan already has enough flack over the whole thing.

@BM, you can choose to 'display' any post by someone on your foe list. Now you can stop going on about it. If people 'choose' to reply to a topic, it means it's engaged their interested.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

@BM, you can choose to 'display' any post by someone on your foe list. Now you can stop going on about it. If people 'choose' to reply to a topic, it means it's engaged their interested.

Well thank you for the clarification Chocs. I don't have a foe list so I wasn't sure how it worked.
I have to say you do have an unfortunate turn of phrase sometimes. 'Now you can stop going on about it?' Well the reason I was 'going on about it' is because Kanelli and Shafique have me on their foe list, apparently, but they reply to my topics so

1 What's the point in having a foe list?
and
2 Why keep mentioning you have a foe list?
and
3 why try to encourage others to have a foe list?

It all seems rather childish for people who claim to be so well educated. :roll:
Bethsmum

What is a foe list?

I don't believe anything the US or any other government tells me. First it was WMD now OBL dead. Governments don't care about people, just winning the election and keeping the fat cats happy.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

Chocoholic wrote:
kanelli wrote:I wonder if it has to do with Pakistan. If OBL was kept alive and talking, perhaps he'd turn on Pakistan and spill the beans publicly about their involvement with him and jeopardize US and Pakistan's relations as the US still views Pakistan as an ally. (Don't ask me why! I'm thinking Pakistan should get a visit from all the troops from Afghanistan and Iraq!)

That's probably not far from the truth K. Pakistan already has enough flack over the whole thing.

I think this could be part of it Chocs.

Listen BM, I have you on my foe list and don't click "display post" most of the time, unless someone else says something interesting related to one of your posts and I feel interested enough to click. If someone quotes your post and they are not on my foe list I can of course see what you have written. Hopefully it is less of a mystery for you now.

-- Mon May 09, 2011 11:44 am --

DearJohn wrote:What is a foe list?

I don't believe anything the US or any other government tells me. First it was WMD now OBL dead. Governments don't care about people, just winning the election and keeping the fat cats happy.

Well, many people have claimed to have seen the photos, Al Qaeda has also acknowledged his death, and his wife and daughter have corroborated the story of his death. Unlike the WMDs, it seems there is more evidence supporting the claim that OBL is dead.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:Its pretty hard to get through to Americans about international issues in normal times let alone when they are in a mob mentality fervour jumping up and down with chants of U S A ..U S A. Once this "euphoria" dies and when you sit back and think about it, maybe then.

You have misintrepeted my post in most extreme way possible ( due to some past issues maybe ? ) If you actually read what I've said in this post and the other one. What I have said is what basically killing OBL in a firefight has done is giving him exactly what he wanted. From a line taken from the Young guns II sound track "staring down a bullet, let me make my final stand" and thats how his ilk with see it as.

Like also mentioned before break down the man in public, de-mystify the myth of this elusive man who managed to escape the biggest man hunt by the "most powerfull" nation for over a decade. Then send him to gallows Saddam Hussain-esq style.

First time I've heard that he was given a choice but again like I've already said there are a lot of conflicting reports comming out so we'll just have to wait to have the official story handed to us. I've heard its a was a strictly kill mission as ordered by the president. Then I heard he was shot in a fire fight. Then I heard that if had given himself he would have been taken alive. Then I heard he was unarmed etc etc etc etc........

I guess the end point is he is dead and got what he deserved.

I didn't misread your post DDS. It was pretty clear what you wrote and the only thing you explained away was the impact if caught dead or alive. Your post can, and was, perceived as sympathic in the way he went down.

As for getting through to Americans on international issues, I'm not aware of there being any experts on this forum, just people with opinions. You have yours, as I have mine. Nowhere does it say that one or the other has to agree with an opinion, but opinions can be debated. Americans would be hardpressed to take what backward, undeveloped, corrupt countries would have to say on international issues - in this case Pakistan and Afghanistan, neither of which are on an international level. I do notice that you don't see Pakistan's roll in terrorism. Interesting.

Ameicans are fully aware that the truth behind many incidents will never be revealed and are kept under lock and key by the government. Under the Freedeom of Information Act one can request to be provided with documents relating to incidents that impacted America, along with actions by the American government, but any document disclosed can be redacted, leaving the reader with very little info.

There is no secret that you have contempt for America/Americans, so your comments/opinions are no surprise. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

BB, lets' rephrase that as 'some' Americans are aware - the majority don't know what's going on outside their own back yard. The majority don't hold passports and have never travelled anywhere.

You are a rare breed in that case.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:BB, lets' rephrase that as 'some' Americans are aware - the majority don't know what's going on outside their own back yard. The majority don't hold passports and have never travelled anywhere.

You are a rare breed in that case.

I'm sure it goes beyond "some" Americans Chocs. One doesn't need to leave the US to become knowledgeable about international issues. As for what is going on at home regarding the government, the majority is aware of how politics play out. Americans do read and there are an abundance of documentaries/news shows to find out what is going on outside the States. The majority don't hold passports because when you have 50 states, which offer diversity, you don't need to leave the States. :) The number of passport holders have grown due to immigrants obtaining US citizenship. It makes travelling back "home" easier. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat