Not Happy.

Topic locked
Not Happy. Mar 28, 2007
I just came from the central post office in Karama (took forever to find) to pick-up a package. It was something that I bought when I was home but the seller screwed-up and did not deliver it to me before I flew back. So they shipped it to Dubai "free of charge". Well, in order to get the thing from the post office I had to pay 338 Dhs ransom money (i think they called it something like customs duty). I could have brough the thing on the plane with me and it would have cost me zero - since it belong to me and I am not "importing" it.

Anyways, just a rant and I will get my money back from the dumbas.s. seller. The whole process took over 3 hours.

That post offices I guess.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2007
my post box is there too.
they always let me wait.
sorry to hear that story. good luck!
Justin_dubai
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2007
Put this in black list forum!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Put this in black list forum!

lets put Etisalat, n a host of other names as well :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Not Happy. Mar 28, 2007
Concord wrote:I just came from the central post office in Karama (took forever to find) to pick-up a package. It was something that I bought when I was home but the seller screwed-up and did not deliver it to me before I flew back. So they shipped it to Dubai "free of charge". Well, in order to get the thing from the post office I had to pay 338 Dhs ransom money (i think they called it something like customs duty). I could have brough the thing on the plane with me and it would have cost me zero - since it belong to me and I am not "importing" it.

Anyways, just a rant and I will get my money back from the dumbas.s. seller. The whole process took over 3 hours.

Was it Sage & Onion who was working at Post office :lol: He must be writing at Dubai forum when u were talking or searching about parcel. In this way he writes "sage & onion joke of the day" :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Not Happy. Mar 28, 2007
HP wrote:
Concord wrote:I just came from the central post office in Karama (took forever to find) to pick-up a package. It was something that I bought when I was home but the seller screwed-up and did not deliver it to me before I flew back. So they shipped it to Dubai "free of charge". Well, in order to get the thing from the post office I had to pay 338 Dhs ransom money (i think they called it something like customs duty). I could have brough the thing on the plane with me and it would have cost me zero - since it belong to me and I am not "importing" it.

Was it Sage & Onion who was working at Post office :lol: He must be writing at Dubai forum when u were talking or searching about parcel. In this way he writes "sage & onion joke of the day" :P

Hey HP, I thought we had agreed to keep my work place a secret, I am really disappointed in your disclosure :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 28, 2007
Concs, they normally charge an import fee of something like 5%.... im surprised at the high cost involved in clearing that package

:shock:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2007
KeithL wrote:Concs, they normally charge an import fee of something like 5%.... im surprised at the high cost involved in clearing that package

5% of what? I was once charged 2 bucks to pick up a U.S. package, but oddly enough, other U.S. boxes were directly sent to the office.

On the slip that is sent to you to pick up a package, they mention something about daily charges if the box is not picked up in 8 days. Don't know why they drained me off 2 bucks though.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 28, 2007
KeithL wrote:Concs, they normally charge an import fee of something like 5%.... im surprised at the high cost involved in clearing that package

Tell me about it :shock: :shock: :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat