Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane

Topic locked
Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Nov 29, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15936276

Psychiatrists assessing self-confessed Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik have concluded that he is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.

The two psychiatrists, in their report, concluded that he lived in his "own delusional universe where all his thoughts and acts are guided by his delusions".

Sounds familiar doesn’t it? I don't think I'll ever attend a DF meet :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Nov 29, 2011
Now there's a shocker.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Nov 30, 2011
Tis does not deserve to live, they should quietly inject him with something.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Tis does not deserve to live, they should quietly inject him with something.

Well I agree with that, I think :? but would it be too kind? I believe a lifetime of incarceration within a high security mental institution being deprived daily of the platform he desires for his political declarations would be punishment enough for a paranoid schizophrenic believing he is the only sane member of that institution.

I’d send Shaf in once a week as his counsellor just for good measure, that should at least diminish his will to live.

:)
Dillon

Dillon wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Tis does not deserve to live, they should quietly inject him with something.

Well I agree with that, I think :? but would it be too kind? I believe a lifetime of incarceration within a high security mental institution being deprived daily of the platform he desires for his political declarations would be punishment enough for a paranoid schizophrenic believing he is the only sane member of that institution.

I’d send Shaf in once a week as his counsellor just for good measure, that should at least diminish his will to live.

Problem with this is that someone will declare him sane after a couple of years and he will be out.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Nov 30, 2011
:D

I'm not sure there's enough money in the world for me to counsel this pin up of the loon fraternity. And I think it would constitute 'cruel and unusual punishment' for an arch-loon to have to face a Muslim in this way. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Dec 01, 2011
Dillon wrote:I’d send Shaf in once a week as his counsellor just for good measure, that should at least diminish his will to live.

Is that instead of waterboarding?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Dec 01, 2011
sage & onion wrote:
Dillon wrote:

Problem with this is that someone will declare him sane after a couple of years and he will be out.

On the contrary Onions, if cured of his debilitating disease, which is highly unlikely, I believe Paranoid Schizophrenia is like alcoholism, you are eternally 'recovering' never cured, nevertheless, if he were to miraculously recover, he would then be considered fit for trial wouldn't he?

I don't think the Swede's intend letting this one go, I certainly hope not anyway, Edit, or the Norweigans for that matter. :oops: -- Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:01 am --

shafique wrote:I'm not sure there's enough money in the world for me to counsel this pin up of the loon fraternity. And I think it would constitute 'cruel and unusual punishment' for an arch-loon to have to face a Muslim in this way. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Money! who mentioned wages? it was intended as punishment for the both of you, 'arch-loons'.

No smiley here!

-- 1 seconds ago --

Bethsmum wrote:
Dillon wrote:I’d send Shaf in once a week as his counsellor just for good measure, that should at least diminish his will to live.

Is that instead of waterboarding?

A fate worse than waterboarding I fear BM

:shock:
Dillon

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 01, 2011

CNN's piece on this news is interesting. The resident loons won't be happy with the description of the terrorist:

Breivik is described by authorities as a right-wing Christian extremist. A 1,500-page manifesto attributed to Breivik posted on the Internet is critical of Muslim immigration and European liberalism, including the Labour Party.

The manifesto predicts that a “European civil war” will lead to the execution of “cultural Marxists” and the banishment of Muslims.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/29/world/eur ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Only loons will object to the Norwegian authorities description of him being a right-wing Christian extremist. To the rest of us, this is not up for discussion - waterboarding or no water boarding! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I think you missed the point of the thread again Shaf, he is a Paranoid Schizophrenic living in his "own delusional universe where all his thoughts and acts are guided by his delusions".

I think you two should get on quite well actually!

Dillon

Interesting that you think I've missed the point about the terrorist and his delusions. I thought I was quite clear that I considered his views about Muslims (that he shares with eh, Bob Spencer, Pam Geller) etc quite delusional.

Interesting to consider whether others who share his loon/Islamophobic views should be viewed as mentally deficient too?

I'm also amused at the number of internet psychologists that have suddenly popped up. Did you all buy your certificates at the same loony blogsite? :D :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Interesting that you think I've missed the point about the terrorist and his delusions. I thought I was quite clear that I considered his views about Muslims (that he shares with eh, Bob Spencer, Pam Geller) etc quite delusional.

Interesting to consider whether others who share his loon/Islamophobic views should be viewed as mentally deficient too?

I'm also amused at the number of internet psychologists that have suddenly popped up. Did you all buy your certificates at the same loony blogsite? :D :D

Cheers,
Shafique

The only person, here, who should be certified is you, Shafique. :D
Bethsmum

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 02, 2011
shafique wrote:Interesting that you think I've missed the point about the terrorist and his delusions. I thought I was quite clear that I considered his views about Muslims (that he shares with eh, Bob Spencer, Pam Geller) etc quite delusional.

Cheers,
Shafique

Now, you don’t need a qualification to have an opinion do you? You of all people should know that!

What I find interesting is the number of critics you have who you regard all, without exception, as loony and phobic, and you consider yourself the only sane one amongst them!

Dementia protects the afflicted by creating this imaginary environment, a private little world where sufferers live out the rest of their natural life believing they are the only sane one amongst everyone around them, does this ring a bell with you at all?

No qualifications required for analogies either!

:lol:
Dillon

Hey, I've never had a problem with people expressing their views and beliefs. The more the merrier I say - we need more humour in the world and it is always funny to read the more bizare beliefs. Herve when he goes on a rant about voodoo cults and desperately insists that internet hoaxes about paedophile marriages are true are priceless. I do, however, challenge loony beliefs that are presented as fact though and can be tested with evidence.

I've never said that the armchair diagnosticians are wrong (they may be right), I'm just amused that so many of you are now offering diagnoses (some may say they are nothing more than ad hominem attacks) rather than discussing real points in the real world.

I find it interesting to read the justifications for ad hominem attacks and chuckle to myself when I think of NN Taleb's quote on the subject.

I also love analogies too, and encourage active imaginations. You may recall that I advised herve to stick to fiction writing long before he wrote his latest work of fiction, and back when he was trying to appear like a serious writer.

But back to the topic - do those who share Brievik's views also share his mental deficiencies? Anyone that takes Pam Geller or Bob Spencer seriously (like he does) surely is a candidate for having their head examined. ;)

Here's a bit of humour on the subject:
I can imignine the test they gave him . It must hav went something like this . Two Man in white coats ask questions .

Question One
Mr Breivik
Do you believe everything Pam Geller says?

Answer Yes she is a wonderful human being who speaks the truth always .

Then the testers have lunch and write up report then have most of the afternoon off .
Job done

So when are they going to invite the so far unindited co-conspiritor to be interviewed?
Thats the next question

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

^^^ I rest my case m' lud!

:lol:
Dillon

:D Guilty as charged (might as well have some fun in your imaginary trial). :D
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well we have one thing in common Shafique, we are both fasinated by Herve. You mention him in nearly every post :P
Bethsmum

Re: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Dec 02, 2011
I put great trust in the gut feeling. You know that feeling when you just know something is terribly wrong with somebody. I am not talking about quircky, or about somebody with issues or strange, I am talking about something really being off, thats your gut telling you are dealing with a disordered person.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Norway massacre: Breivik declared insane Dec 02, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:I put great trust in the gut feeling. You know that feeling when you just know something is terribly wrong with somebody. I am not talking about quircky, or about somebody with issues or strange, I am talking about something really being off, thats your gut telling you are dealing with a disordered person.

I get the same as well. And Dillon nailed it on the head with what he said.

Robby said it before too. Shafique is a dangerous individual. At least he's a good example of what Islam turns people into.
event horizon

The most extreme religious fanatic posting on the forums is the one who condones the killing of babies etc, and that isn't me.
philosophy-dubai/most-extreme-religous-fanatic-here-t41961.html

Surely it is those who share the right-wing Christian extremist (as the Norwegian authorities classify him) beliefs in Pam Geller etc whose sanity should be questioned.

I guess that NN Taleb's observations about ad hominem attacks must apply here:
An ad hominem attack against an intellectual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates that the person has nothing intelligent to say about your message.
...so you become numb to insults, particularly if you teach yourself to imagine that the person uttering them is a variant of a noisy ape with little personal control.

;)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
I guess that NN Taleb's observations about ad hominem attacks must apply here:
An ad hominem attack against an intellectual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates that the person has nothing intelligent to say about your message.
...so you become numb to insults, particularly if you teach yourself to imagine that the person uttering them is a variant of a noisy ape with little personal control.

;)

Intellectual? Perleeeeeeeeeeease!

Please excuse me while I fall of my chair...

:lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5: :lol: :joker: :laughing3: :sign5:
Dillon

^why am I getting the image of a 'noisy ape'?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:^why am I getting the image of a 'noisy ape'?

Cheers,
Shafique

Don't worry Shaf we all understand what the problem is, there there now, have you taken your pills this evening?

Dillon

Thanks for the diagnosis. I'm always impressed by these feats of imagination. (But the noisy ape picture seems to be quite persistent - should I be worried?) ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Thanks for the diagnosis. I'm always impressed by these feats of imagination. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Nothing imaginary or as ridiculous as one such as you, considering yourself an intellectual! Delusions of grandeur now, the dementia is further advanced than I previously thought m’ lud!

Whoop Whoop!

Dillon

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 04, 2011
Dillon wrote:
shafique wrote:Thanks for the diagnosis. I'm always impressed by these feats of imagination. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Nothing imaginary or as ridiculous as one such as you, considering yourself an intellectual! Delusions of grandeur now, the dementia is further advanced than I previously thought m’ lud!

Whoop Whoop!

I think you've shut him up Dillon! I think you deserve an award or something :D
Bethsmum

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 05, 2011
I think some people on DF have paranoid schizophrenia, some people do show clear symptoms of paranoia.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 05, 2011
Nucleus wrote:I think some people on DF have paranoid schizophrenia, some people do show clear symptoms of paranoia.

I think I'm totally normal and everyone else is strange. :P
Bethsmum

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 06, 2011
For many hundreds of years Muslims and Christians in my country are living together in peace I think why cant you learn some manners.
Yosef
BANNED

Re: Norway Massacre: Breivik Declared Insane Dec 06, 2011
Yosef wrote:For many hundreds of years Muslims and Christians in my country are living together in peace I think why cant you learn some manners.

That's rich coming from someone who thinks it's funny to break wind in a confined public place.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat