No NOC But Yes...Ban Lifting Fee

Topic locked
No NOC But Yes...Ban Lifting Fee Apr 15, 2009
So my current employer is not agree to give me an NOC while the new employer is agree to pay the ban lifting fee whatever it is.I've worked for 2.5 years of my 3 year unlimited contract as Sales Executive.

Any possibility if i can get new job without an NOC?

freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 15, 2009
Can't you ask what the Company wants in order for them to give you NOC clearance?

Try to address the issue with the Company managements and you might gain better results. As long as you are not bringing over competitive knowledge. Then it would simply remain a NO Go.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 15, 2009
I asked what they want from me and they say nothing,simply cancel your visa and go back.I offered them even to pay a ransom for such THING, but replied with a NO.
Now dont know what to do.Planning to visit the MoL to get the exact informations but still......worried :(
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 15, 2009
Difficult indeed. Maybe you should consult an international lawyer for some advice and try to get things done by proving (if applicable) that you don't have any competitive knowledge going with you that might negatively influence your former employer....

Good luck fellow.

ps: this is the same issue after completing a contract term. You however are forced to leave, which should set you better for MoL approval in my opinion.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/no ... ae/244004/
RobbyG

Apr 15, 2009
http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials/as ... index.html

Check this out. It may contain useful information.

Good luck!
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
you left out the most important info: old company, new company in free zone or not free zone? if new one in free zone, old one can put whatever ban they want.

who are these 2 companies? I'm not asking you to name them, but to think about who they are. we all know some are more equal than others. if new one is the more equal type, they can have your ban lifted, no probs. if old one is more equal, its a bit more difficult.

as for proving new one is not a competitor of old one, nobody gives a sh.i.t about that here. if they want to put a ban on you, they'll put it.

and while you think about all this, go to the bank 1st thing in the morning and take out all your money.

Robby, where are you located? not dubai, I guess
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 15, 2009
raidah wrote:you left out the most important info: old company, new company in free zone or not free zone? if new one in free zone, old one can put whatever ban they want.

who are these 2 companies? I'm not asking you to name them, but to think about who they are. we all know some are more equal than others. if new one is the more equal type, they can have your ban lifted, no probs. if old one is more equal, its a bit more difficult.

as for proving new one is not a competitor of old one, nobody gives a sh.i.t about that here. if they want to put a ban on you, they'll put it.

and while you think about all this, go to the bank 1st thing in the morning and take out all your money.

Hey babe, I just try to point out my viewpoint of how things should work. If that doesn't work in Dubai, don't ponder my sensible advice, but throw rotten appels to these Laws that don't provide honesty.

I am just helping him get his ways to justice if he doesn't have conflicting interests around his position.
RobbyG

Apr 15, 2009
Did I touch a nerve, babe? :roll: what do you u get so defensive for? Your advice was good, but unfortunately not here

babe... :P
raidah

Apr 15, 2009
raidah wrote:Did I touch a nerve, babe? :roll: what do you u get so defensive for? Your advice was good, but unfortunately not here

babe... :P

Hi babe ;)

It gets irritating when people dismiss a proper argument as being 'not worthy' by saying; 'He's obviously not in Dubai'.

I know that!! :twisted: But this guy needs some support and why can't he be the first to get his juice from a lawsuit that changes it for everyone,...perhaps :lol:

Anyway, I get your point. You rather have me locked up in jail and not speak at all right? 8) Thanks babe Raidah, Johnny Bravo OUT :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 16, 2009
truth is, you really need to be here to know how things work.

whats with the jail thing? :shock: its midnight, late, long day... :)
raidah

Apr 16, 2009
raidah wrote:truth is, you really need to be here to know how things work.

whats with the jail thing? :shock: its midnight, late, long day... :)

I thought you wanted me to stop talking - freedom of speech ZIP :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 16, 2009
Got banned too, cancelled without NOC. Old company in Sharjah, new company in Sheikh Zayed and was able to lift my ban. Old contract was 3 years unlimited and have stayed with old company for a little over 2 years. I don't know how our PRO did it, I guess it has something to do with how connected the PRO is. I can't forget the look on the face of my previous company's PRO when I took my passport from him, he can't believe it. The buggers didn't give me my passport upon cancellation as they would want to give it to me only once I'll fly out. I have to exit though as there's not enough time for the residence visa to be processed and stamped on my passport, but got the employment permit with me and came back on the same day. Freeneasy1, if your new company really wants you, they will find a way.
LizaMarie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 16, 2009
LizaMarie wrote:Got banned too, cancelled without NOC. Old company in Sharjah, new company in Sheikh Zayed and was able to lift my ban. Old contract was 3 years unlimited and have stayed with old company for a little over 2 years. I don't know how our PRO did it, I guess it has something to do with how connected the PRO is. I can't forget the look on the face of my previous company's PRO when I took my passport from him, he can't believe it. The buggers didn't give me my passport upon cancellation as they would want to give it to me only once I'll fly out. I have to exit though as there's not enough time for the residence visa to be processed and stamped on my passport, but got the employment permit with me and came back on the same day. Freeneasy1, if your new company really wants you, they will find a way.

I knew it! Hope just flew back into the building!

Never give up peepz. Thanks for this great news!
RobbyG

Apr 16, 2009
raidah wrote:you left out the most important info: old company, new company in free zone or not free zone? if new one in free zone, old one can put whatever ban they want.

Both companies are L.L.C and not in free zone.Both are doing different type of business and are not competitor of each other.
And thank you for your the kind advice.

:)
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2009
LizaMarie wrote:Got banned too, cancelled without NOC. Old company in Sharjah, new company in Sheikh Zayed and was able to lift my ban. Old contract was 3 years unlimited and have stayed with old company for a little over 2 years. I don't know how our PRO did it, I guess it has something to do with how connected the PRO is. I can't forget the look on the face of my previous company's PRO when I took my passport from him, he can't believe it. The buggers didn't give me my passport upon cancellation as they would want to give it to me only once I'll fly out. I have to exit though as there's not enough time for the residence visa to be processed and stamped on my passport, but got the employment permit with me and came back on the same day. Freeneasy1, if your new company really wants you, they will find a way.

Well i spoke with my new employer about this issue,they are trying to find a solution.It also depends on the PRO how much influence he has.
Your post gave me a hope,thanks for sharing :wink:
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2009
Thanks Robby for all of your compliments.The labor laws are bit different here and mostly in favor of the employer. Wish me good luck for this venture.... :D
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2009
Sorry to hear this. As said, if your new company want you, then they will find a way around the ban, simple as.

Also, as a side note: never, ever let a company keep your Passport, they have no right too as it is the property of your Government, not the Company's. Let them retain your Labour card.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 16, 2009
yorky500 wrote:Sorry to hear this. As said, if your new company want you, then they will find a way around the ban, simple as.

Also, as a side note: never, ever let a company keep your Passport, they have no right too as it is the property of your Government, not the Company's. Let them retain your Labour card.

Holding employee passport is a common practice here.And IMHO the ministry even can't help in that.My new co. wants me but the way seems far away to them... :roll:
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat